Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Proposed Ranked Season Timing and Reward Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Proposed Ranked Season Timing and Reward Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adrenalinezs
07.06.2018 , 06:33 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyKat_Karrot View Post
Giradda rancors should stay exclusive to people who actually played in S1 imo.
Yeah, that 1500 rating must have been real tough to get

Raansu
07.06.2018 , 11:00 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyKat_Karrot View Post
Giradda rancors should stay exclusive to people who actually played in S1 imo.
I have 2 of them. I really don't care if they come back. In fact, I actually would like to get them on some of my other toons.

TrixxieTriss
07.06.2018 , 11:19 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I have 2 of them. I really don't care if they come back. In fact, I actually would like to get them on some of my other toons.
They really should be made legacy based and be able to be opened up.

HaoZhao
07.10.2018 , 05:02 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Adrenalinezs View Post
Yeah, that 1500 rating must have been real tough to get
Especially when season 1 took place during a time where there was NOTHING in place to catch cheaters, so the devs weren't even making a token effort to put a stop to win-trading.

Someone PLEASE think of the sanctity of season 1!!

Seterade
07.10.2018 , 09:45 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
These are excellent suggestions. Shorter seasons = good. Releasing old rewards = very good. Single currency that you can accumulate to earn prizes = excellent. Even more excellent would be making that currency legacy-wide and on the currency tab (to work like Command tokens do).

I understand people's hesitation about it, but most of the posters in this thread are just not being realistic about the current state of this game and the development that Bioware is capable of at this time. You guys do not have the time or manpower to make new rewards. It's as simple as that. In order to keep Ranked appealing, you've added crafting materials for the new augments (and made them the best/only reliable way to get those). At a certain point, that is not going to be enough. Perhaps you are reaching that point already.

For those of you asking for them to develop more, read what he wrote and use some critical thinking skills. It isn't going to happen. They do not have the time or the manpower to do it. They are not going to peel someone off the Cartel Market (the reason this game still exists) to do it, either. Especially when the only reason to do that is to allow people to keep their ego about rewards handed out 3 and 4 years ago.

They MIGHT put the minimal effort in that it would take to simply rename the gear/weapon sets to indicate their difference from the originals, but you all will guaranteed complain about the new names and hate them. I still think that is the best suggestion however to appease the the "those are mine and nobody else's!" people, but make those items available to any who were not even playing the game at that time to earn them. And more importantly, make truly sought-after rewards available to KEEP RANKED GOING for the future.

And, as mentioned... it's not like win trading to earn rewards is a new thing. I know several people who win traded to get the furious weapons and armor sets. Not everyone did, but enough did that it already isn't the special trophy to greatness that most hold it up to be in this thread. There are exceptions, great ranked players that can be named and recognized for sure. But then there are lots who bought accounts for that gear, win traded for it, or otherwise got it and became the equivalent of "a mat farmer on Giradda's rancor".

The important part is to keep people playing the game, playing ranked NOW. Killing the momentum of the player base by stifling rewards ideas at this stage of the game is just bad for business. Being selfish will only hurt the game in the long run, and not recognizing what the developers are/are not capable of at this time is short sighted.

Shorter seasons, old rewards at premium prices that you can work over several seasons to earn (no titles), slightly rename or otherwise indicate that the old rewards were not earned in the original season = the best compromise at this point in time. I hope that Bioware will stick to their guns on this and move forward with it. (And by sticking to their guns, really follow up on the shorter seasons thing, which has been promised before and that promise has never been kept yet).

^ this is about the only person who actually gets what is going on.

a few extra points, some of you have mentioned, and I'll reinforce and maybe clarify.

1) backfilling and wintrading has been a thing a thing since season 1. you rancor mount is not special, your furious gear is not unique, your rewards to anyone who actually plays ranked are not a level of skill at all. we don't care, and we don't respect you unless we've dueled you, or fought against/alongside in that season

2) all rewards are buyable as long as you have crazy amounts of tokens.. like mat farmers. "earned" just means you didnt have to pay for it.

finally, 3) lot of people have gear from other seasons who have only played for 3 months. guess how? ask lyala.

Ranked has no sanctity, it has no meaning. you are playing a video game that was designed to demographic to 13+ not some high end competive "CS:GO" game. get over yourself, its a cosmetic game, not some 100k reward for london tourney

Grxsr
07.11.2018 , 11:20 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post

a few extra points, some of you have mentioned, and I'll reinforce and maybe clarify.

1) backfilling and wintrading has been a thing a thing since season 1. you rancor mount is not special, your furious gear is not unique, your rewards to anyone who actually plays ranked are not a level of skill at all. we don't care, and we don't respect you unless we've dueled you, or fought against/alongside in that season

2) all rewards are buyable as long as you have crazy amounts of tokens.. like mat farmers. "earned" just means you didnt have to pay for it.

finally, 3) lot of people have gear from other seasons who have only played for 3 months. guess how?

Ranked has no sanctity, it has no meaning. you are playing a video game that was designed to demographic to 13+ not some high end competive "CS:GO" game. get over yourself, its a cosmetic game, not some 100k reward for london tourney
Totally agree with your post..

And something else.. This game needs to leave pvp alone and reset it to its Original stand.. which was 8v8 arenas which also includes rank.. its clear this game does not have a team that can develop and make the necessary changes to pvp. Also reset every class to its Original stand before the nerfs, and leave those who need it the upgrades as they currently stand..

and one other thing; Reset the PT to how it originally was.. I spoke to a player on fleet and ask him "why he plays a PT?" He's answer was that he was a returning players, and just realize that his class as been bound to a WheelChair lol

Talon_strikes
07.11.2018 , 07:09 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post

finally, 3) lot of people have gear from other seasons who have only played for 3 months. guess how? ask lyala.

Doing God's work. <3
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

royren
10.19.2018 , 12:39 AM | #128
so when is the season ending?
and I don't see why not bring back S1 - S3 rewards when S10 ends