Ships

Hi everyone.. So I just got 5k fleet requisition, and I was wondering what type of ship you all think I should buy.

I was thinking bomber, simply because it is helpful all around.. But then I thought that perhaps I should buy a gunship and snipe...

What are your thoughts on a ship for a fairly novice player in GSF?

The sting can be punishing for new players (as it has low armor) but properly equipped it is the best ship in the game (IMO) - I cant imagine a hangerbay without mine =) that being said bomber or GS would be a good choice, bomber being the easier of the two. Keep in mind it is balls slow, and not very good for anything but laying mines.

If you don't have the t1 gunship (awarded to subscribers at a certain date before release), I'd say buy one, and also buy the t1 bomber ("minelayer"). they're 2500 req each, and you'll have one ship of each class. Not to mention a ship that's really useful to have in domination.

The t2 gunship is totally forgettable. Don't waste requisition on it unless you really don't know what to buy. You can also get a reskin of it in cartel packs, so it should be on the GTN and maybe for an affordable price (I got one but I have yet to fly it :p)

Edited by Loc_n_lol

Depends on your server environment. If it runs heavily to gunships and bombers you might want a gunship or bomber yourself.

Also depends on how much relative value you place on: not dying, getting kills, and objectives/requisition.

Gunships (quarrel/mangler), and flashfire/sting lend themselves to higher kill counts depending on conditions.

Scouts/bombers lend themselves to decent survivability (assuming you're paying attention to where gunships are if you are in the scout, and stacking every possible source of evasion).

Bombers are the clear winner if you want to stay on a satellite in domination to earn good requisition.

Personally I'd use it for a Pike, or save it for a Clarion, but that's because I have an irrational infatuation with the strike fighters.

Would it be more beneficial to get both?

Well that gives you more flexibility, and a chance to see if you like the playstyle of the ship class. Maybe if you really like the bomber you'll want to try the other one down the line. Or maybe you'll find out you prefer to dogfight and get the t2 scout later.

Of the ships you currently have which one do you like the most?

If it is the T1 scout and you like it because if it's maneuverability then you might like the T2 scout.

Do you like shooting missiles in the T1 strike then you might like the T2 strike.

Both T2 scouts and strike can hold their own in almost every situation once geared out so it's up to personal preference.

Both the bomber and the gunship can be highly effective in the right hands if you can get used to the slow speed and low maneuverability. Just know they despite what people say they aren't easy win ships (so don't buy them if you don't like the play style). Competent enemies can shut you down especially without upgrades.

Choose the look and play style (speed, armored, offense, support, etc.) your like the most because in the end that's what will keep you playing a ship.

Of the ships you currently have which one do you like the most?

If it is the T1 scout and you like it because if it's maneuverability then you might like the T2 scout.

Do you like shooting missiles in the T1 strike then you might like the T2 strike.

Both T2 scouts and strike can hold their own in almost every situation once geared out so it's up to personal preference.

Both the bomber and the gunship can be highly effective in the right hands if you can get used to the slow speed and low maneuverability. Just know they despite what people say they aren't easy win ships (so don't buy them if you don't like the play style). Competent enemies can shut you down especially without upgrades.

Choose the look and play style (speed, armored, offense, support, etc.) your like the most because in the end that's what will keep you playing a ship.

t1 Scout is not really my thing. t1 SF isn't either really, lock-ons take too long. I am a fan of just camping.. So maybe I'll start with the bomber.

If you enjoy camping bomber is definitely it, GS is a camper as well but still has to move (frequently) and like others have said you can be effectively shut down by a good scout or strike pilot. I for one enjoy making GS pilots lives miserable, bombers on the other hand I have to be careful around (in my scout) Edited by DamascusAdontise

If he gets a GS, go for the mangler (can f2p buy it with fleet req?) - you'd get the ion ability plus distortion field. I've seen more of a bomber support class of the other GS though on nodes

Actually if I remember correctly GS only cost 2500 fleet req so its easier to get

t1 Scout is not really my thing. t1 SF isn't either really, lock-ons take too long. I am a fan of just camping.. So maybe I'll start with the bomber.

I'll just say don't look too much into the price of the bombers. IMO the minelayer is the scarier of the two to go up against. Just don't mine up the closest asteroid to the spawn. Your teammates will hate you and you will lose participation. The drone carrier is mostly support with a small amount of firepower (I do love seeing repair drones in TDM). Just don't place them in open space. They are easily killed by GS and strikes. Place them behind obstacles opposite their GS.

p.s. Take my advice with a grain of salt because as of right now I have yet to fly a bomber in a match despite owning both since they launched.

I'll just say don't look too much into the price of the bombers. IMO the minelayer is the scarier of the two to go up against. Just don't mine up the closest asteroid to the spawn. Your teammates will hate you and you will lose participation. The drone carrier is mostly support with a small amount of firepower (I do love seeing repair drones in TDM). Just don't place them in open space. They are easily killed by GS and strikes. Place them behind obstacles opposite their GS.

p.s. Take my advice with a grain of salt because as of right now I have yet to fly a bomber in a match despite owning both since they launched.

So I want to buy the b-40 Legion, right?

^^

Drones -> Legion

(Many) Mines -> Razorwire

You choose. Both are good

EDIT: The point I was try to make was that both are good despite the price difference. I know some people have bought the more expensive one thinking is better and then finding out they don't like it. Happens a lot with the gunships.

Edited by okiobe

Hi everyone.. So I just got 5k fleet requisition, and I was wondering what type of ship you all think I should buy.

Pick up a Razorwire/Rampart Mk.4 for Domination matches and a Mangler/Quarrel for TDM. Combined they cost 5k fleet requisition and you'll be able to burn through twice the amount of bonus XP per day. If you're wondering the reasoning, just go looking through thread titles on page after page of this forum. ;)

Edited by TrinityLyre

Pick up a Razorwire/Rampart Mk.4 for Domination matches and a Mangler/Quarrel for TDM. Combined they cost 5k fleet requisition and you'll be able to burn through twice the amount of bonus XP per day. If you're wondering the reasoning, just go looking through thread titles on page after page of this forum. ;)

It's the Warcarrier which costs 2500 (with drones). The Rempart is the one costing 5000 (with mines).

Edited by Altheran