Wingmen (and Wingwomen)

Morgrid

So reading the "Aces" thread last night after a particularly fun match of GSF that went other than I expected, I realize that we seem to be too occupied with those we deem to be an "Ace".

This thread is for those unsung heroes that keep you from being blown from the sky - or those who keep the enemy occupied long enough for you to blast them out of the sky.

This might be a little harder to fill, it's the names of the really good ones you usually etch into your memory, so with all likelyhood, any good wingpeople I come across that I remember are most likely aces in their own right.

Also, I could easily see this devolve into a way to give backhanded compliments.

I see I was wrong to expect more from everyone.

I see i was wrong to expect more from the internet. Let me attempt to explain...

Zero's across the board: the pilots who end's up with zero kills / zero assists / zero dmg / zero objectives (in domination) / zero everything. Basically those are just there for the daily or weekly or both. It hurts your team a lot, so those are not unsung hero's. (Maybe as a new pilot you are just flying around learning the controls and everything else, that i can understand)

Anybody else who contributes, even if u get 0 kills / 1 assist / 1k dmg / a few points here and there, are unsung hero's because they keep the enemy busy, tied up on the satellite they are guarding, etc...

If you wanted exact names, i would have to nominate 75% of the Jedi Covenant pilots. Hence why i said "to me everybody is an unsung hero"

It was not an attempt to insult anyone, it was an attempt to show that "aces" (i do anyways, even if i do not consider myself an ace) appreciate everybody's contribution to a match.

I don't have any specific name but I would like to nominate the many bombers who truly support their team with repair drones in places where the team can use them. In TDM there is nothing more depressing than having red hull and seeing a repair drone in open space within LOS of the enemy, out in the middle of nowhere, or completely absent. Playing a full support role is hard in GSF because there aren't good rewards or recognition for support. I thank them for their contributions.

One great example of this is a guy in my guild. He didn't like to dogfight much, so he would hang out at a captured sat and yell out when anyone was incoming. He never got many kills or assists but he saved our bacon in more than one match.

I think he's just trying to get recognition for those who help but aren't considered "aces" by the community. That being said, I'll contribute to this by adding a list of pilots on The Bastion that I see/play with/against on a regular basis. These pilots are at the very least competent and tend to provide some good support to their team. Some of these may be named in the aces thread (I tried to omit all those that are listed as aces in that other thread) but deserve recognition regardless. Thanks for adding to the community of The Bastion and making it a great place to play!

:sy_star:The Bastion

Empire:

Aynn/Eave, Azul, B'rie, Bore, Brokenzen/Thrawn, Cacahuates, Chrono-trigger, Cuck, Eidolon, Exra'kun, Faye-valentine, Herr-trigger, Iza'bella/Madoushi/Sutibu/Wasabi/Yurei, Kallesta, Keeneyes, Nal'onir, Noveske, Raging-rondo, Rheip, Ronin, Ralgar, Shap'kel'aptua, Shoot's, Snake-pliss'ken, Squareone, Starrburns, Takavor, Tarvila'sil, Twitchybait, Umeehi, Varyala

Republic:

Acacia, Adrikard, Arylanna, Aur, Ayc, Crowesk, Cylesstria, Deisix, Demja, Dragora, Fauxquam, Gotcharaka, Hancho-solo, Hyo'min, Jaret, Jevin, Kalphuggler, Karaa, Kawnn, Kayura, Kegyce, Kha'l, Lil'miho, Marcero, Miiko, Mmorpg, Mykke, Purple-font, Rodgerwilco, Reaver, Sildorgh, Teh'redbaron, Thumie, Traenq, Trajan-kahl, Z'en

Edited by TrinityLyre

I think he's just trying to get recognition for those who help but aren't considered "aces" by the community. That being said, I'll contribute to this by adding a list of pilots on The Bastion that I see/play with/against on a regular basis. These pilots are at the very least competent and tend to provide some good support to their team. Some of these may be named in the aces thread (I tried to omit all those that are listed as aces in that other thread) but deserve recognition regardless. Thanks for adding to the community of The Bastion and making it a great place to play!

:sy_star:The Bastion

Empire:

Aynn/Eave, Azul, B'rie, Bore, Brokenzen/Thrawn, Cacahuates, Chrono-trigger, Cuck, Eidolon, Exra'kun, Faye-valentine, Herr-trigger, Iza'bella/Madoushi/Sutibu/Wasabi/Yurei, Kallesta, Keeneyes, Nal'onir, Noveske, Raging-rondo, Rheip, Ronin, Ralgar, Shap'kel'aptua, Shoot's, Snake-pliss'ken, Squareone, Starrburns, Takavor, Tarvila'sil, Twitchybait, Umeehi, Varyala

Republic:

Acacia, Adrikard, Arylanna, Aur, Ayc, Crowesk, Cylesstria, Deisix, Demja, Dragora, Fauxquam, Gotcharaka, Hancho-solo, Hyo'min, Jaret, Jevin, Kalphuggler, Karaa, Kawnn, Kayura, Kegyce, Kha'l, Lil'miho, Marcero, Miiko, Mmorpg, Mykke, Purple-font, Rodgerwilco, Reaver, Sildorgh, Teh'redbaron, Thumie, Traenq, Trajan-kahl, Z'en

honestly surprised some of these arent in the aces.

I thought I might pitch in and give a mention to a few on the Progenitor :

Catha'pral , Kessler and Yxundmei - They helped me learn a lot, co-ordinated well and we blasted through about 10 matches the other day and no losses. They certainly earned their drinks and Bantha steaks in the officer's mess afterward!

and it proves that humble Euro RP servers can do GSF too!

-Your humble Rookie: Karn-T'woom.