Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

People leaving wz is now out of control.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
People leaving wz is now out of control.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

drdarpa
02.14.2012 , 09:19 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
The fact of the matter is until there is a punishment for leaving, people will continue to leave WZ screwing over the entire team. 95% of people would stay in a game regardless of win/lose if there was a lockout of 15-30 min. Thus seeing a far better PvP experience all around. It works in other games no reason it wont work here.
Of course 1 or 2 skilled, objective-focused players leaving and being replaced with 1-2 unskilled bads that farm medals decreases your chances of winning.

Although, at the point that someone quits, 95% of the time, the bads have already dropped the chance of winning so low that a good player is taking an extremely risky gamble with valuable time to stay in the game.

And really, it's no problem if you punish leaving, as long as you're prepared to suffer more premades, and afker's. Because you and all the whiners will be directly responsible.

SirRobin
02.14.2012 , 09:21 AM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Talcyndl View Post
According to a lot of posters, their reason for leaving is that they seem to think they can predict a loss based on whatever they see in the first minute of a match.
As been said before, there is a difference between the number of times someone posts their opinion in this forum, and actual number of subscribers validating that opinion "in game." Not to mention that while some of my favorite matches have been come from behind wins, they were also the rarest type of win. Which, at least in my own experience, would seem to back up their potential psychic talents.

Maybe I should ask them what the powerball numbers will be.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bushranger View Post
The fact of the matter is until there is a punishment for leaving, people will continue to leave WZ screwing over the entire team. 95% of people would stay in a game regardless of win/lose if there was a lockout of 15-30 min. Thus seeing a far better PvP experience all around. It works in other games no reason it wont work here.
Well then I must be in that 5%. If my team is getting spawn camped and rofl-stomped, then I have better options to spend my time. Not to mention that on "lighter" servers like Corsair, chances are good that you are going to be running into the same opfor repeatedly anyway. So if the "six hundred club" is rolling that night, its best to take a break for a couple of hours anyway instead of offering yourself up to be valor farmed over and over again. So its not like a fifteen to thirty minute ban is going to make a difference.

eklipzze
02.14.2012 , 09:32 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
This situation is getting way out of control. Today, I'm getting into warzones with only 5 people left in them which then fill up and gradually empty again. More and more people are just leaving a warzone at the first sight of a loss. I don't usually leave. Today after getting into that 5 man warzone and watching repeat people joining afterwards and leaving I finally thought wth should I be the one to stay in this if noone can be arsed to take their turn when a loss comes, so I bailed. It's got to the point where the system is now just broken.

We need a fix. I don't see any other way besides applying a penalty. A 15 minute debuff preventing queueing for more warzone seems like the most reasonable suggestion so far.

Whatever happens, it can't stay as it is.
You mean scrubs? Being known as a scrub is the best penalty.

drdarpa
02.14.2012 , 09:33 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
1 person outta 8 deciding to leave 7 people fighting 8 means a game lost.

1 person being selfish and leaving a match already lossed is rude.

1 person deciding the fate of games needs punished for their greed.

1 person should not have a say so.

Using this logic the argument for 6 players (or even 4, or even 2) deciding not to play to win (going for objectives rather than medal farming) also means game lost. These players should be punished for their greed.

Rahak
02.14.2012 , 09:34 AM | #525
I don't care if I'm going to lose or fighting a full Battlemaster premade.

I just can't stand multiple huttballs in a row.

gryhmr
02.14.2012 , 09:36 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Calei View Post
-People play PVP to complete the dailies.
-Dailies are only completed by winning.
-Gear awarded from daily PVP bags can be harvested for mods/enhancements.
-Losing awards nothing.

You're a game designer and you wonder why people quit at the first sign of losing?

Who invented this garbage?
leaving costs you comms and valor. you get none if you leave. but there needs to be a deserter debuff for leavers. during primetime on my server people leave at the drop of a hat.

"oh they took door 1 on voidstar?" /leave

leavers not only **** over the team they were on but the new people that get qued in. they are scum.

Jargonaut
02.14.2012 , 09:40 AM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by eklipzze View Post
You mean scrubs? Being known as a scrub is the best penalty.
Gear farming scrubs who don't pvp because pvp is a fun way to spend your time, it's just another source of pixels to collect, like it's pokemon, they actually want to spend as little time as possible in PvP. Presumably so they can then go and collect other pixels in PvE. Then they can proclaim that they have a full set of pixels! At which point they no doubt parade around thinking "check me out aren't I awesome" like some kind of plastic soldier. While the rest of us enjoy some PvP.
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons

Kattla
02.14.2012 , 09:42 AM | #528
Perhaps it could cost credits to enter a match, a sum you get back if you stay until finished. And loose if you leave. Still bad if you for some unknown reason disconnect though. But unless you run out of credits, you could still reque soon after. The sum? not a lot, maybe 10xLevel. That is 100 credits at level 10, and 5000 at level 50.
If it would work? I guess the wz-quitters would just "afk" instead.

Still finding it weird some people ctd (crash to desktop) a lot. Since december the 20th, when i began, i only CTD'ed once (at some cave on Alderaan).
Had some issues with getting booted to character selection screen upon entering a WZ, most of which seemed to go away once i removed my title and moved from fleet to my ship. Queuing from my ship also reduces (re)loading time when leaving a wz.

Just my 2c, or 2 credits if you are all IC.

Corran
02.14.2012 , 09:44 AM | #529
it's mostly battlemsaters who leave. they get in, see they are the only battlemaster in the op and leave. they only want their 3 wins for their bm bag then done
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

SirRobin
02.14.2012 , 10:13 AM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
Perhaps it could cost credits to enter a match, a sum you get back if you stay until finished. And loose if you leave. Still bad if you for some unknown reason disconnect though. But unless you run out of credits, you could still reque soon after. The sum? not a lot, maybe 10xLevel. That is 100 credits at level 10, and 5000 at level 50.
If it would work? I guess the wz-quitters would just "afk" instead.
Interesting idea but finding more ways to punish paying customers for not wanting to waste their time, without addressing the cause of them wanting to leave in the first place, will do more harm than good.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
Still finding it weird some people ctd (crash to desktop) a lot. Since december the 20th, when i began, i only CTD'ed once (at some cave on Alderaan).
Had some issues with getting booted to character selection screen upon entering a WZ, most of which seemed to go away once i removed my title and moved from fleet to my ship. Queuing from my ship also reduces (re)loading time when leaving a wz.

Just my 2c, or 2 credits if you are all IC.
I have guilders who still crash regularly just from loading dialog scenes, let alone the hectic warzone environments. I still regularly, not nightly but at least once every couple of nights, drop through the map in Huttball. Not to mention the known exploits like the chasm jumper for sprinters in Voidstar.

Warzones still have lots of issues that should start being fixed first.