Cannot dismiss companion; Is moron; Needs assistance

TosshinTaira

Greetings!

Began playing this a very little while ago, and started as a Jedi Consular.

I keep trying to dismiss Qyzen Fess, only for him to reappear every single time I move to a new area (Requiring a loading screen) or go through a cutscene.

Is this a bug, or do you have to wait until a fixed place in the story before you can dismiss him?

Greetings!

Began playing this a very little while ago, and started as a Jedi Consular.

I keep trying to dismiss Qyzen Fess, only for him to reappear every single time I move to a new area (Requiring a loading screen) or go through a cutscene.

Is this a bug, or do you have to wait until a fixed place in the story before you can dismiss him?

I wouldn't say it is a bug, but imo it is something the devs should fix (as to not appear if you have dismissed your companion beforehand). It is a small thing so I understand why it is ignored/dismissed but...

...as to answer your question - the only way I have found out to...prevent that from happening is for you to send your companion on some crew task, but these come when you go to the fleet so I don't know if you can do them yet...and for it to be for longer you will need to have high level crew skill...

I wouldn't say it is a bug, but imo it is something the devs should fix (as to not appear if you have dismissed your companion beforehand). It is a small thing so I understand why it is ignored/dismissed but...

...as to answer your question - the only way I have found out to...prevent that from happening is for you to send your companion on some crew task, but these come when you go to the fleet so I don't know if you can do them yet...and for it to be for longer you will need to have high level crew skill...

Well, it's mostly since I think I might still be in the prologue for my class. I am not sure, so i was wondering if he's sort of a 'must' for the cutscenes up to a certain point?

As I recall, Qyzen does figure fairly prominently in the early Consular story, yes. i doubt that's related to you being unable to dismiss him and have him stay dismissed, though. If a certain companion is required for a cutscene or story instance, you will get a message when you try to start it, saying "You must have <companion> with you to do that." Having or not having a particular companion, or any companion at all, shouldn't be an issue for just running around in the game in general.