Where is Darth Marr's body? Can he come back as a companion?

Socialbob

When Marr was destroyed by the Immortal Emperor, we cut to his body, before cutting back to your respective characters. The next time we see him he is gone. In the commotion where Vaylin cleared everyone out of the room, perhaps somebody dragged him and froze him into carbonite. Which makes me believe, we can just send this popsticle to that Mother Machine, where she can just revive Darth Marr. Is it just me or when Malora was announced as the Sphere of BIOTIC SCIENCE, my brain rushed to some mad science where she brings back a character such as Darth Marr or Malgus somehow.

Here are just the following ideas I have how Marr might come back, though Marr's returning is probably not gonna happen.

1. Possession (Marr goes possess someone's body)

2. Mother machine science

3. Some Ossus artifact have the ability to bring the dead back to life either as a shadow of their former self or with their entire consciousness intact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marr is probably not coming back, I know, its sad but I don't see it happening. He seems to have accepted death in his own way and just rolling with the force ghost aspect of his existence, it would be interesting to see him again as a force ghost however. I do wonder if he is still following the will of the force alongside Satele.

Marr is one of several characters I would like to see come back. If Bioware have got no story then just let us clone him. Or I suppose you could replay chapter 1 of KOTFE ten abandon the chapter. So long as you don't complete it Darth Marr will stay with you.

He is pretty certainly gone since he appeared as a force ghost. One can't appear as such without being 100% dead and gone. At most Inquisitor might be able to eat his ghost with his special talent and make him infinitely bound to themselves. Edited by Kiesu

I see no major problem. He's powerful, he's still hanging around, and we've already seen in canon that a powerful enough Force ghost can affect the physical world. There are a couple of characters that that description fits wotj, and it seems a perfect way to have them around. I don't think they need to do any more story for them, just get them set up (and in Marr's case, he's already done) and have a mechanism for claiming them.

Marr is a traitor, if he doesn't stay dead, I'm gonna kill him!!

What kind of dead Dark Lord of the Sith's, who aren't even suppose to be able to be force ghosts in the first place hang out with Jedi they can't even attack even if they wanted to, but don't?

I loved that idiot.

I am forever Jaded by him.:(

In a lot of ways it makes no sense to keep Marr's body in carbonite, the Eternal Empire has no use for a few thousand extra credits from the hutts, the symbolism won't inspire the Sith to torment and would likely ignore it. I doubt Arcann has a fetish for dead bodies and Marr himself has resigned himself to the fact that his time is over.

What would be more useful is to incinerate the body by the most effective means possible. probably out the nearest airlock to the emperor's throne room, and then letting the body burn up in Zakuul's atmosphere.

In a lot of ways it makes no sense to keep Marr's body in carbonite, the Eternal Empire has no use for a few thousand extra credits from the hutts, the symbolism won't inspire the Sith to torment and would likely ignore it. I doubt Arcann has a fetish for dead bodies and Marr himself has resigned himself to the fact that his time is over.

Then we'll have to clone a new Marr or plot twist. What is Marr has been dead from the start and bound to his armor? Which is why that admiral killed himself when he saw Marr's face?

Here are just the following ideas I have how Marr might come back, though Marr's returning is probably not gonna happen.

1. Possession (Marr goes possess someone's body)

2. Mother machine science

3. Some Ossus artifact have the ability to bring the dead back to life either as a shadow of their former self or with their entire consciousness intact

If they can do it for Marr, maybe they can do it for Vaylin or Thexan?

Edited by LordRapheus

If they can do it for Marr, maybe they can do it for Vaylin or Thexan?

Both, both is good. If they brought back Thexan but not Vaylin it would actually irk me for reasons I don't want to go into, but, yeah, I'd take them. I have been sent by Paul to give approval, though I also approve.

Edited by gamephil

I would love to see Darth Marr return.

Sadly, such an event might be written by writers that would write a different Darth Marr than the epic one we worked with pre SOR.

Probably best to let him rest in peace instead of getting bad story writing.

Personally I would just like to see bug fixes, and no new story content unless it is good story content.

I would love to see Darth Marr return.

Sadly, such an event might be written by writers that would write a different Darth Marr than the epic one we worked with pre SOR.

Probably best to let him rest in peace instead of getting bad story writing.

Personally I would just like to see bug fixes, and no new story content unless it is good story content.

Probably. Honestly, I don't know if they've got the resources to do anything like it, storywise. Any substantial story, good or otherwise. I'd still like them to make several companions available, though, and Marr should be pretty effortless.

Edited by gamephil

I kinda hope he doesn't come back because that stupid crap they did with him in that Chapter totally ruins him.

Such a great character, the emodiment of the Sith, The Dark Council, leader of the Empire and they pimp him out to some stupid jedi ***** who's got his head turned all around by her bogus hocus pocus Jedi bs.

I can't believe that was really him, and I hope it wasn't because if it was, I have zero respect for him now, he was already dead, they shoulda just let him rest and maintain his awesome legacy.

If that's really him, and he returns in the flesh, I will hate every second of it, but I will feel duty bound as a Sithlord and as a loyal soldier of the Empire to try and kill him. And that blows.

Hopefully, that wasn't real. If it was really him, than that means he is on the Lightside now, because darksiders can't come back as force ghosts.

I can't believe they ruined such an awesome character like.

There is a hidden graveyard in DK dark council chambers, I believe I saw a "backwards" gate or door or something at very end of the council room (where sith fights with darth baras) You have to drop red flowers front of that door and it will suddenly open itself. I also remember read it somewhere you have to remain in dark side to effectively reach that graveyard. (It is not on map, it is hidden)

How do I know? Because my agent visits that graveyard every weekend to do its quest. [DAILY] Spit on Jadus Corpse I get daily 45k credits and a token from Watcher two for completeing that quest. I sell that token for 700k-930k on GTN. (my storage is already full)

Probably. Honestly, I don't know if they've got the resources to do anything like it, storywise. Any substantial story, good or otherwise. I'd still like them to make several companions available, though, and Marr should be pretty effortless.

At this point I'll happily take a two minute AA for Marr, Vaylin and Thexan.

Honestly I don't see him coming back to life in any capacity. Many characters only serve the purpose of the story when needed and are either killed off or leave and never to be seen or rarely seen again.

Marr has served his purpose for the story that he was given and that his presence has moved to the force ghost that he is. As much as I like his character I've accepted the fact that his story is done and that he like Vaylin are never coming back to life.

We might seem him again as a force ghost at most but thats it. His story is done and the mainnstory needs to move on forward with new characters, new stories and companions.

I know 5.10 will be bringing back some old characters from the past whichbis expected in going back to RvE and long as their story is written well with the main story that is fine. As much as a character is liked once their role is served things need to move on.

Marr has served his purpose for the story that he was given and that his presence has moved to the force ghost that he is. As much as I like his character I've accepted the fact that his story is done and that he like Vaylin are never coming back to life.

They don't have to do a story return. They could just place them onto the Odessen console and let the players head canon their stories.

There is a hidden graveyard in DK dark council chambers, I believe I saw a "backwards" gate or door or something at very end of the council room (where sith fights with darth baras) You have to drop red flowers front of that door and it will suddenly open itself. I also remember read it somewhere you have to remain in dark side to effectively reach that graveyard. (It is not on map, it is hidden)

How do I know? Because my agent visits that graveyard every weekend to do its quest. [DAILY] Spit on Jadus Corpse I get daily 45k credits and a token from Watcher two for completeing that quest. I sell that token for 700k-930k on GTN. (my storage is already full)

:D:eek::cool:

Is it just me or when Malora was announced as the Sphere of BIOTIC SCIENCE, my brain rushed to some mad science where she brings back a character such as Darth Marr or Malgus somehow.

Why would Malora revive a competitor for the Dark Council? She is in a power position now. She'd rather get rid of some other competitor than getting a formerly dead one back.

They don't have to do a story return. They could just place them onto the Odessen console and let the players head canon their stories.

They could but more then likely they will continue to follow the same pattern. Generally from what I noticed if it's a past character who's fate is unknown like Malora, they can bring back as a character or companion.

Characters that had a kill option pre-KotFE haven't come back as a companion

They also try to stay true to the story. If they plan on permanent killing a character in the story like Marr or Vaylin, they are either a temporary companion or not one at all.

Again not saying it wouldn't be a good thing but from observation and being realistic I don't see them really deviating from this formula for who is made and not made into a companion.

They could but more then likely they will continue to follow the same pattern. Generally from what I noticed if it's a past character who's fate is unknown like Malora, they can bring back as a character or companion.

Characters that had a kill option pre-KotFE haven't come back as a companion

They also try to stay true to the story. If they plan on permanent killing a character in the story like Marr or Vaylin, they are either a temporary companion or not one at all.

Again not saying it wouldn't be a good thing but from observation and being realistic I don't see them really deviating from this formula for who is made and not made into a companion.

There is an excaption in HK-55, who they outright said was gone for good then brought back, which feels nowadays like they did it just to give themselves an out with Arcann having killed him. I know he's a droid and all, and that technically his mind isn't the same, but he sure does seem the same as he was to me. I'm comfortable with Marr being a force ghost, or being able to come back in some other way while his spirit is hanging around, and Vaylin had several things about her death that were unique and could lead to a non-repeatable resurrection scenario. But, ultimately, non-story reasoning is fine, and would make their stories less irksome.

I agree that none of the above is likely, and that's a shame.

Edited by gamephil

Look, I love Darth Marr, I wish he hadn't been killed off. But he was. He appeared as a Force Ghost. He said "Valkorion destroyed my flesh." It makes no sense for him to come back to become a companion now.

I don't see why Vaylin or other Zakuulans would bother to freeze the body of a prisoner that Valkorion executed.

Neither Mother Machine nor Darth Malora have ever been suggested to have the knowledge and power to raise the dead.

Edited by OldVengeance