What classes would these Star Wars characters be?

AVFCLuke

Luke Skywalker = Guardian

Obi-Wan Kenobi = Sentinel. According to the agility he demonstrated both vs Maul as well as versus Anakin. Disregard the dual wield thing.

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader = Marauder as Anakin, Juggernaut as Vader I'd say. Again, according to his agility at first (as Anakin) and his toughness later as Vader.

Darth Sidius = Sorcerer although he wasn't bad at all in melee combat against powerful Jedi Masters.

Yoda = his own class really. Has the agility of a Sentinel, the tougness of a Guardian and the power of a Consular. If they made double bladed lightsaber for his size I'd say he'd excel as a Shadow too ;)

Edited by dark_lord_hades

Luke - Jedi Guardian (dps spec)

Obi-Wan- Jedi Guardian (tank spec)

Vader - Sith Juggernaut (dps spec)

Sidious - Sith Sorcerer (dps spec)

Yoda - Jedi Sage (dps spec)

At least, that's my thought on the matter. I know for sure Obi-Wan used the Soresu lightsber form, which is a defensive form. And I'm fairly certain that Vader used the same form as Bane, which was a highly damaging and staggering form. I don't recall the name. Luke didn't seem to use Soresu and was rather aggressive as well. Yoda and Sidious used a lot of the force. But Yoda actually may be a Jedi Guardian. I know he uses the Ataru lightsber form, and but I'm not sure if anything but Sentinels/Marauders use that one.

As far as the technical standpoint (looking at it in TOR context):

Luke was always considered a Guardian as far as SW lore (and other video games and such) was concerned, dispite his wearing "light" armor. He used a green lightsaber which has long been considered the "Guardian" color by game standpoints.

I would consider Obiwan's robes to be medium armor, they look like they could handle a toustle. He only carried 1 lightsaber though.

Anikin is harder to figure out. He proved he was proficient with 2 lightsabers (Sentinel), but mainly carried one (Guardian). His lightsaber color was blue, a long standing video game Sentinel color, but his leather robes I would probably consider Heavy (Guardian).

Confused yet?

I think mainly:

Obiwan: Guardian (his style seemed more defensive)

Anikin: Sentinel (definitely more offensive, and could use 2 blades)

Vader: Juggy (1 LS, Heavy armor, offensive stance)

Yoda: Sage (easy one)

Dooku: I would lean towards Juggernaught even with 1 LS.

Qui-Gon: he's a tough call, mainly because he doesn't really fit into any normal Jedi catagory, I think more offensive personally, so I would lean towards Sentinel

Maul: Assassin.. dual blade mastery, control of the force.

As far as the technical standpoint (looking at it in TOR context):

Luke was always considered a Guardian as far as SW lore (and other video games and such) was concerned, dispite his wearing "light" armor. He used a green lightsaber which has long been considered the "Guardian" color by game standpoints.

I would consider Obiwan's robes to be medium armor, they look like they could handle a toustle. He only carried 1 lightsaber though.

Anikin is harder to figure out. He proved he was proficient with 2 lightsabers (Sentinel), but mainly carried one (Guardian). His lightsaber color was blue, a long standing video game Sentinel color, but his leather robes I would probably consider Heavy (Guardian).

Confused yet?

I think mainly:

Obiwan: Guardian (his style seemed more defensive)

Anikin: Sentinel (definitely more offensive, and could use 2 blades)

Vader: Juggy (1 LS, Heavy armor, offensive stance)

Yoda: Sage (easy one)

Dooku: I would lean towards Juggernaught even with 1 LS.

Qui-Gon: he's a tough call, mainly because he doesn't really fit into any normal Jedi catagory, I think more offensive personally, so I would lean towards Sentinel

Maul: Assassin.. dual blade mastery, control of the force.

The things that are 'harder to figure out' are because this is being approached backwards. The characters don't fit into the classes, the classes are inspired by the characters!

Jedi Guardians are for those who want to play like Luke or Obi Wan, Juggernauts are for those of us who want to be like Darth Vader, Bounty Hunters are Fett, Inquisitors are Darth Maul and Palpatine, etc.

You can see it in moves even like opportune strike for knights, that was to have a move where you hit the other guy in the face much like obi wan and anakin were doing to each other a few times in ep 3.

Sentinels and Mauraders though, those are totally from the EU type stuff, and how awesome it was that in one scene anakin duel wielded, and I'll bet more than 70% of us duel wielded as revan in KotOR. It's just cool, even if jedi don't normally do it. Even in tOR or the old KotOR games, you never see NPCs duel wielding lightsabers.

I don't think the colors, green vs blue, mean anything in the movies.

Edited by Hyperionthethird

Luke Skywalker?

Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader?

Darth Sidius?

Yoda?

Luke- Both AC for JK and JC.

Obi- Guardian

AK- Guardian

DV: Tank(Not sure what the class is called)

Sidious: Both AC's for SI

Yoda: Councelor: Both AC's

Edited by BrandonSM

Im no SW fan, but for what ive been reading lately, Yoda was a master of the Ataru form, right?

And Ataru Mastery belongs to Sentinels. So maybe he would be a mix between Sentinel and Sage?

The safest bet would be that his 800+ years of living and training with the Force gave him a Unique class, like a Super Consular =) (Blatant RO reference)

But really, as stated before, you can't 'really' put classes on the movie/novel characters.

The safest bet would be that his 800+ years of living and training with the Force gave him a Unique class, like a Super Consular =) (Blatant RO reference)

But really, as stated before, you can't 'really' put classes on the movie/novel characters.

Cool, exactly my point!

Trying to do this is pointless. Some characters correspond well to the TOR class system due to being directly inspired from those characters and others don't, the class system springs from the nature of MMORPGs. You can't read anything into Anakin dual-wielding lightsabers because all Jedi Padawans are given cursory training in all style of lightsaber combat that they can then blend them into their chosen style as they wish or as the scenario desires. Crystal colour doesn't help identify what 'class' a given character is since that's also simply whatever colour the Jedi finds aesthetically pleasing and is available to them. Outside of the Sith armour is also not indicative of anything since the Jedi gave up wearing heavy armor after the Ruusan Reformation where before they had to run the Republic as a benevolent dictatorship for four hundred years to keep it from falling to the Sith. Armour only works for the Sith because the Juggernaut class is specifically made to emulate only a select few Sith, most notably Vader and Bane in his Orbalisk armor. The Sith's main problem is when you take them out of armour, for example: What is Dooku? He shoots lightning but he's clearly not a Sorcerer since most of his fighting is done with the lightsaber, he's not an assassin since he clearly uses only one blade and isn't interested in being particularly stealthy or acrobatic, he's not a Juggernaut since he shoots lightning and doesn't wear any armor, and he's not a Marauder since he's not flipping through the air at a hundred miles an hour dual-wielding. Edited by DarthMoord

Trying to do this is pointless. Some characters correspond well to the TOR class system due to being directly inspired from those characters and others don't, the class system springs from the nature of MMORPGs. You can't read anything into Anakin dual-wielding lightsabers because all Jedi Padawans are given cursory training in all style of lightsaber combat that they can then blend them into their chosen style as they wish or as the scenario desires. Crystal colour doesn't help identify what 'class' a given character is since that's also simply whatever colour the Jedi finds aesthetically pleasing and is available to them. Outside of the Sith armour is also not indicative of anything since the Jedi gave up wearing heavy armor after the Ruusan Reformation where before they had to run the Republic as a benevolent dictatorship for four hundred years to keep it from falling to the Sith. Armour only works for the Sith because the Juggernaut class is specifically made to emulate only a select few Sith, most notably Vader and Bane in his Orbalisk armor. The Sith's main problem is when you take them out of armour, for example: What is Dooku? He shoots lightning but he's clearly not a Sorcerer since most of his fighting is done with the lightsaber, he's not an assassin since he clearly uses only one blade and isn't interested in being particularly stealthy or acrobatic, he's not a Juggernaut since he shoots lightning and doesn't wear any armor, and he's not a Marauder since he's not flipping through the air at a hundred miles an hour dual-wielding.

IMO all jedi/sith "tanks" should be more of block/parry type of tanks that wear light armour (robes). That would fit in lore better even if there are notable exceptions (IE Darth Vader).

Luke Skywalker = Guardian

Obi-Wan Kenobi = Sentinel. According to the agility he demonstrated both vs Maul as well as versus Anakin. Disregard the dual wield thing.

Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader = Marauder as Anakin, Juggernaut as Vader I'd say. Again, according to his agility at first (as Anakin) and his toughness later as Vader.

Darth Sidius = Sorcerer although he wasn't bad at all in melee combat against powerful Jedi Masters.

Yoda = his own class really. Has the agility of a Sentinel, the tougness of a Guardian and the power of a Consular. If they made double bladed lightsaber for his size I'd say he'd excel as a Shadow too ;)

Obi-Wan was actually a Gaurdian he specialized in the soresu form after realizing that the Ataru form was to aggressive and left you to open as it resulted in the death of his Master

and Yoda i would actually say was a knight as he specialized in the Ataru form but I'm guessing Yoda had a lot of legacy levels that gave him a bunch of crazy powers.

• 4 weeks later...