Framerate in WZ's

mjomasta

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too something nor right here :( 90 fps pve, 200 people around me no lag or fps drop , warfront, fps drop to 20 fps, yet only what 15 people ? how is that correct something is wrong. and sometimes skills take ages to complete, no lag yet click cover on my smuggler in one warzone today and like 3secs later lol .

allso my pc is top notch gaming rig, i play warhammer online and in big pvp battles sometimes 200 people fighting all around me yet graphivs maxed out in war 200 people pvp no lag or slowdown , yet swtor 15 peeps and fps drop, lag skills not firing. it is there warfront servers thay need to sort it out lol.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Allso why the hell can we not choose what warfront we want to play ? makes no sense at all.:cool:

I had a big FPS drop from the Beta to the Final version. I really can't understand why.

On beta I had everything on medium and it ran great, now with everything on low the fps are just too low. :(

i have the same problem. i think it has something to do with amd processors and/or ati cards

Same Issues. I experienced massive drops with my Nvidia8600gt in pvp/warzones. I figure it was time for a new card. Radeon Sapphire HD6570 Everything outside Warzones it does 35+ but inside I slow to a crawl under 10fps. I'm guess its the AMD CPU cause thats the only thing I haven't changed. I have the 9150e (1.8GHz) the Slowest Quad round at the time probaly still is :) Hope they patch it soon i love me some pvp. :)

AMD quadcore 2.1 ghz...

Nvidia GTX 260 1 gig..

Honestly, my framerate is fine in Huttball, fine in Voidstar... fine in all world zones, but it just gets TERRIBLE in Alderaan.

I have no idea why, it was fine in beta.

I'm talking like going from 40-60 fps average to like 8-15.

I'm having this issue too. And lag only in warzones.

I'm fine while questing/flaspointing/etc, my fps is 70-90 and no lag, but enter warzone and fps drops to 30ish or under that. It's playable sure but the lag is really annoying.

Same problem here but im using i7 and a GTX 460 so its not AMD/ATI problem i have to run the game on low settings all the time

That gives me some hope, then.

If it's happening across so many various builds, then it's probably something they're going to fix very soon...

It was fine in beta, after all.

AMD hexacore 1090T @ 3.6

16gb DDR3 (it's not just a gaming pc)

AMD/ATI hd6970

game and windows on separate vertex 2 ssd's

no noticeable lag yet. everything set to high (iirc) at 19x12. have only played huttball so far though.

Edited by OldSwab

I am running i7-2600k quad-core overclocked @4.2 with the GTX 560 ti and 8GB Ram and i experienced this issue today.

I run with Vsync on due to my crappy TV so i run at a constant 60fps both in warzones and open world but this morning after my first warzone every instance i did in PvP it dropped to like 30fps and it was annoying as hell, so i relogged... waited in queue for 1 hour (tomb of freedon nadd) and everything was fine after it.

EDIT: oh and i run with everything on High

Edited by Sycthrex

AMD hexacore 1090T @ 3.6

16gb DDR3 (it's not just a gaming pc)

AMD/ATI hd6970

game and windows on separate vertex 2 ssd's

no noticeable lag yet. everything set to high (iirc) at 19x12. have only played huttball so far though.

you coming to boast? or.....

you coming to boast? or.....

geeberz.

just saying "i doan see me no lag, lucy" wouldn't have been very informative. if you read the thread, folks were speculating on pieces of their system being the culprit...

context...usually a good thing

I do suffer some FPS drops in warzones (compared to most everywhere else), but I believe this is somewhat inevitable - the more you can see in distance the more your PC has to work rendering it, and in warzones you can often see pretty far and wide without anything obstructing your view. While out in the wilds you often fight inside caves, rooms, and the like - although not always the case, often you don't see very "far" because of natural obstacles, thus less work for your machine.

In warzones though you can pretty much see 2/3 of the map from a good vantage point ... add in the dozen players spewing lazers in all directions, flame pits, battleships firing overhead etc, and there is a lot going on, so it may well be enough to break the camel's back, even if it works fine outside of warzones.

Personally I have an another issue though, which would be straight-out lag in warzones, and not latency related - my latency usually sits anywhere between 60-90ms constantly, so more than fine. And yet it often feels like there is up to 1.5 second delay between me pushing the buttons and the character starting to do anything, and I'll be damned if I can figure out why. It's perfectly smooth while going solo, or during flashpoints ... but as soon as I step in to a warzone, it feels like the latency has jumped up to 800. Except it hasn't and is sitting at it's usual 60-90 range, rendering pretty much any PvP experience highly frustrating, to say the least :mad:

Edited by Skywagon

I do suffer some FPS drops in warzones (compared to most everywhere else), but I believe this is somewhat inevitable - the more you can see in distance the more your PC has to work rendering it, and in warzones you can often see pretty far and wide without anything obstructing your view. While out in the wilds you often fight inside caves, rooms, and the like - although not always the case, often you don't see very "far" because of natural obstacles, thus less work for your machine.

In warzones though you can pretty much see 2/3 of the map from a good vantage point ... add in the dozen players spewing lazers in all directions, flame pits, battleships firing overhead etc, and there is a lot going on, so it may well be enough to break the camel's back, even if it works fine outside of warzones.

Personally I have an another issue though, which would be straight-out lag in warzones, and not latency related - my latency usually sits anywhere between 60-90ms constantly, so more than fine. And yet it often feels like there is up to 1.5 second delay between me pushing the buttons and the character starting to do anything, and I'll be damned if I can figure out why. It's perfectly smooth while going solo, or during flashpoints ... but as soon as I step in to a warzone, it feels like the latency has jumped up to 800. Except it hasn't and is sitting at it's usual 60-90 range, rendering pretty much any PvP experience highly frustrating, to say the least :mad:

Same here. Absolutely no lag until it's WZ time.