Class Imbalance vs Player Skill

MercenaryPlayer

Is it really a balance issue? Or is it just some players don't understand their class & spec?

It's been long enough since 5.0 that if you haven't learned how to work around a mercs dcds there isn't much hope for you as a player.

AOE or stun when RS is up. Stun when ES is up (If you see stacks of TR building). Make it past these 2 things and you're golden.

Also stop complaining about seeing multiple mercs in warzones. Multiple of anything in warzones is annoying. Doesn't matter which class it is.

Have a nice day pvp section! I look forward to your sarcastic replies and simpleton reasoning for why Mercs are sooooo OP.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still Mercs who don't think that Mercs are op. Makes sense actually. I wouldn't want my favorite class to be nerfed too. And many mercs dont even use all the tools they have now.

The thing is that Merc was my main and favorite class since I play the game. It still is. But I also twink a lot and I really like my Jugger and my mara too.

If you don't see yet that merc is op and think that you win most 1vs1 against e.g. juggs, pts or sorcs because you are so skilled, not because mercs are op in comparison to those underwhelming classes I recommend you:

Just play 2 weeks or sth on a Juggernaut. Especially in ranked. Then come back to the forums and tell us how you worked around the dcds of the mercs you faced and how you always had a fair chance against them and how you did not have a problem with multiple nets following eachother.

If you do not win most 1vs1 against juggs, pts and sorcs I recommend you to rather stay with your merc..

Edited by Bobby_McDonald

Is it really a balance issue? Or is it just some players don't understand their class & spec?

It's been long enough since 5.0 that if you haven't learned how to work around a mercs dcds there isn't much hope for you as a player.

AOE or stun when RS is up. Stun when ES is up (If you see stacks of TR building). Make it past these 2 things and you're golden.

Also stop complaining about seeing multiple mercs in warzones. Multiple of anything in warzones is annoying. Doesn't matter which class it is.

Have a nice day pvp section! I look forward to your sarcastic replies and simpleton reasoning for why Mercs are sooooo OP.

Yes, It's really a balance issue.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

There are still Mercs who don't think that Mercs are op. Makes sense actually. I wouldn't want my favorite class to be nerfed too. And many mercs dont even use all the tools they have now.

The thing is that Merc was my main and favorite class since I play the game. It still is. But I also twink a lot and I really like my Jugger and my mara too.

If you don't see yet that merc is op and think that you win most 1vs1 against e.g. juggs, pts or sorcs because you are so skilled, not because mercs are op in comparison to those underwhelming classes I recommend you:

Just play 2 weeks or sth on a Juggernaut. Especially in ranked. Then come back to the forums and tell us how you worked around the dcds of the mercs you faced and how you always had a fair chance against them and how you did not have a problem with multiple nets following eachother.

If you do not win most 1vs1 against juggs, pts and sorcs I recommend you to rather stay with your merc..

Well I don't do ranked. The ques take entirely too long and trying to encourage ppl to que for ranked is like trying to encourage a grumpy toddler to take a nap. 99% of the time ppl just outright refuse to que and would rather do regs.

Idk what server you're from but the one I'm on ranked barely exists and most of the time I'm not even online when they do it. So your recommendation wouldn't do me a bit of good. Also you want me to play a class I'm less practiced at so that I will what exactly? How would jumping on a toon I don't really know how to play make your point any more valid? I've been beat by quite a few good Juggs and Sins. They beat me cause they understood what to do when I used my dcds.

Multiple nets? Please kid....how is getting hit with multiple nets any different that multiple sorcs hitting you with CD or another sorc dot? Everything you've said screams 'butt hurt pvper'. If you're getting netted multiple times chances are you're leaping into a bad situation without knowing what to do. That'd be like me on my merc charging straight into mid in a Hypergate and expect not to get tunneled by the opposite team. That's just stupid to think ppl won't attack you in pvp. Anyone can attack literally anyone. Multiple ppl can tunnel 1 person. It's pvp kid, there are no rules as to how players attack other players.

So just because I lose to a Jugg who is better at their class than me as a merc means what? Does that then mean I can come to the forums and complain about how Juggs are OP cause I lost to a better player? Your logic confuses me.

I'm guessing your pvp logic lies somewhere in-between 'If you can beat someone your class/spec is fine but, if you lose then the class that beat you is suddenly OP and needs a nerf''.

I took the time to read your comment and I actually feel dumber for even having to try and explain this concept to you.

I took the time to read your comment and I actually feel dumber for even having to try and explain this concept to you.

I know exactly how you feel. That's how I felt when I read your comment in the marauder thread that stated "if you understand merc cooldowns you will have 0 issues killing them."

I know exactly how you feel. That's how I felt when I read your comment in the marauder thread that stated "if you understand merc cooldowns you will have 0 issues killing them."

Well then Grim, if you are the Grim on TSL. I can say beyond 100% certainty that you in fact have no concept of how to fight mercs. Cause when it comes down to a 1v1 I wreck you pretty much every time with my IO merc.

Come back when you've learned to not chase like a dog running after a car. Because in this instance. I am the car and you are the dog. And if you keep chasing me, I will just throw the car in reverse and back over you and kill you.

Have fun in regs Grim.

Agree 100%

The stream from this afternoon says it all.

When the big hitters are out doing PvE, the only thing left in PvP are trash mobs, you get tanks leading the DPS boards and tunnel vision minions running around zerging to their deaths in regs.

It was quite comical and shows where the real balance is at. All these mercs and snipers falling on their faces

Edited by Liquor

The stream from this afternoon says it all.

When the big hitters are out doing PvE, the only thing left in PvP are trash mobs, you get tanks leading the DPS boards and tunnel vision minions running around zerging to their deaths in regs.

It was quite comical and shows where the real balance is at. All these mercs and snipers falling on their faces

Not like any of that should be an issue for you. I mean this is coming from the guy who gets killed by me without help from Riverr or Becke'tt or a TDR, DSMJ premade.

Do yourself a favor and don't stray too far from your healers......otherwise.......well you know the end result :)

Good to have you back and ty for your service.

Not like any of that should be an issue for you. I mean this is coming from the guy who gets killed by me without help from Riverr or Becke'tt or a TDR, DSMJ premade.

Do yourself a favor and don't stray too far from your healers......otherwise.......well you know the end result :)

Good to have you back and ty for your service.

Check out this afternoon then. ;)

I'd say about 6 hours and 41 minutes into it. That civil war was full of War Zone Tourists

Edited by Liquor

What is the relation between player skill and class balance :rak_02:

And no, multiple anything in a WZ is not a winning strategy, even mercs.

I know what you aiming at, but you are just a poor troll :rak_03:

Well then Grim, if you are the Grim on TSL. I can say beyond 100% certainty that you in fact have no concept of how to fight mercs. Cause when it comes down to a 1v1 I wreck you pretty much every time with my IO merc.

Come back when you've learned to not chase like a dog running after a car. Because in this instance. I am the car and you are the dog. And if you keep chasing me, I will just throw the car in reverse and back over you and kill you.

Have fun in regs Grim.

I am the Grim from the Shadowlands. There one or two other players who have Grim in their name, mine is Grim'alkun.

So using you're anology about a dog chasing a car. Car's don't hit you if you can't catch up to them. Mercs can.

How should a Marauder fight a merc, by not going after him and letting him constantly stay out of melee range while he is free to fire at me at will?

Here's a little tip when it comes to melee fighting Ranged. If you are not in melee range when you fight a ranged combatant, you'll lose that fight every time. If you know me from the Shadowlands, than you know the kinds of numbers I consistently put out as a carnage marauder. See if you can find someone who will say's I don't know what I'm doing.

Let me further state, that I have no problem believing that when we 1v1 you usually win. Thank you for making my point for me. Ranged superiority vs melee is exactly the point being made here. Mercs have a funny way of trying to make it look like they beat melee because they have more skill and not because they are so stupidly OP. Innovative Ordiance has all the Godly DCDs that arsenal does, so siting the fact that you are not Arsenal like most mercs changes nothing.

By suggesting that melee shouldn't chase after Ranged who are attacking them and just continue to let them attack them from 5 miles away is perhaps the second stupidest thing I've ever heard someone say so blatantly and matter of factly.

Aggressiveness is the very heart of Maradom. The imagery of a rabid dog sounds about right.

P.S. If you're Craig, I am going to laugh my *** off and upload pics of WZ results showing how I out DPS you by a ton on a regular basis. Merc is all you have ever played so you have no idea about how a melee should do it. You like to act big, like you are one of the greats when there isn't one person who doesn't think you're an ***, so such an extent that you literally changed you screen name so people wouldn't know it was you but you got found out. You illicit the same reaction on the Shadowlands as you do here on the forums. I recall you saying not so long ago to me "I know I'm an ******e, but if we are on the same team we should be willing to work together if we have to for the sake of the match".

If you are Craig, this is all about to make sooo much more sense.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Not sure if OP is very committed troll, or extremely bad merc. Either way, 0/10. Would not read again.

This thread is so cringe worthy.

Balance is when you do not have a strong disadvantage playing a class or a spec from anyone else. Right now 4 classes are imbalance which are Sorc Healers, mercs, snipers and maras. You are at a sever disadvantage if you do not have one on your team. That's a fact. Right now certain classes/specs are verually unplayable in ranked. One healer is also dominating ranked while the other are unplayable or non-optimal. Pts in ranked are literally unplayable. Sorc dps is garbage. Snipers/mercs/maras are just too good defensively to play anything else. This game is not close to being balanced. Anyone who can seriously argue this hasn't stepped foot into the ranked scene. Out of all the imbalances of the past, this one is by far the least enjoyable. Nothing dies, every game goes to acid. Not even regs are fun anymore all you get is 4 Sorc Healers and 4 mercs on the other team.

I rather go back to 3.0-4.0 when pts were globaling everyone. At least then something died.

Edited by kissingaiur

This thread is so cringe worthy.

Balance is when you do not have a strong disadvantage playing a class of spec from anyone else. Right now 4 classes are imbalance which are Sorc Healers, mercs, snipers and maras. You are at a sever disadvantage if you do not have one on your team. That's a fact. Right now certain classes/specs are verually unplayable in ranked. One healer is also dominating ranked while the other are unplayable or non-optimal. Pts in ranked are literally unplayable. Sorc dps is garbage. Snipers/mercs/maras are just too good defensively to play anything else. This game is not close to being balanced. Anyone who can seriously argue this hasn't stepped foot into the ranked scene. Out of all the imbalances of the past, this one is by far the least enjoyable. Nothing dies, every game goes to acid. Not even regs are fun anymore all you get is 4 Sorc Healers and 4 mercs on the other team.

I rather go back to 3.0-4.0 when pts were globaling everyone. At least then something died.

Had a voidstar against 4 healers the other day, 20 plus million heals in total, was terribly dull. I even managed 1 mil heals on my sentinel and I was bacically hiding an los twin saber throw stopping caps the first round. It's supercrazy

Most classes have WEAK aoe - wont work, stun in es? Merc uses freedom ability, whats next, genius? No other class has such opped defenses as merc has. Apparently, it needs nerf

Cause when it comes down to a 1v1 I wreck you pretty much every time with my IO merc.

We get it, you completely suck at PvP and need to have an OP class to compete. My fav class to play was merc before 5.0 because it was a challenge, now only chumps play it so I've moved on. No one fears a merc that is successful, I prefer not to go through life as a wimp.

Had a voidstar against 4 healers the other day, 20 plus million heals in total, was terribly dull. I even managed 1 mil heals on my sentinel and I was bacically hiding an los twin saber throw stopping caps the first round. It's supercrazy

I don't know what it is with this meta but it seems like facing 4 Healers in a game is extremely more common than it use to be. It seems like it is happening every other game. Whatever is driving this needs to be stopped because it is honestly breaking the game. Nothing dies.

The only complaint I have about DCD inflation (which is the real problem IMO, and not a specific class), is they increase TTK too much and make WZs more boring. Whomever made the comment about preferring 4.0 APs to 5.0 Mercs - I totally agree.

When Mercs make better tanks then actual tanks then some thing is wrong with there dccd. Just saying merc should not be able to face tank like they are in both pvp and pve

When Mercs make better tanks then actual tanks then some thing is wrong with there dccd. Just saying merc should not be able to face tank like they are in both pvp and pve

In solo ranked a lot of times instead of tunneling a dps (like the good old days) almost everyone is resorting to tank tunneling over tunneling a merc dps. I try to explain to players how insane that is to tunnel a tank over a dps but majority don't understand how significant that change is. When a dps's dcds are better than a tanks in addition to their hp/damage reduction, that's crazy. That doesn't come down to lack of skill it comes down to overtuned dcds. Period.