Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concealment / Scrapper Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Concealment / Scrapper Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
04.16.2019 , 08:28 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Following our Onslaught announcement at SW Celebration we want to start diving into feedback right away. I want to use this thread to talk about Tactical Item effects and Set Bonuses for Concealment and Scrapper Disciplines. Our goal for set bonuses is to introduce new bonuses, and potentially with even new sizes so you can mix and match. Tactical Items are a new item type that is meant to be build defining and most likely to directly impact how an ability works. For inspiration here are two completely made up Chain Lightning Examples:
  1. Chain Lightning now does all of its total damage to only one target, and no longer jumps.
  2. Chain Lightning now jumps even more and does additional damage to secondary targets.

That would allow you to take a standard ability and allow it to be modified to fit your playstyle. Please use this thread to brainstorm ideas and make as many recommendations as you would like! For context:
  • Tactical Items: These should modify one of your Advanced Class/Discipline abilities to work differently. The goal is for you to use the ability in situations you previously wouldn’t (more often, against specific targets, etc)
  • Set Bonuses: These should be focused on the broader “kind of tools” your class uses, but not specific abilities. Some examples are sets that center around bleeds, force damage, lightning, shields, cover, and so on.
Set bonuses, tacticals, both, let us know what you would like to see. I may not respond frequently in this thread but know that I am going to be compiling everything and sending it over to the team.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LeeThorogood
04.16.2019 , 10:15 AM | #2
Set-bonus of Tactical Item ideas:
  • Backstab no longer has a positional requirement, however like Maul (Deception Assassin) it does less damage when not used from behind.
  • The Revealing Weakness passive now gives a buff that allows your next backstab against any target to have no positional requirement and treated as though you attacked from stealth.

Rion_Starkiller
04.16.2019 , 01:47 PM | #3
Agree with removing positional requirement of back blast.

Additionally, I'd like more energy or energy regen. It's very hard to manage energy versus multiple target swaps.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

benmas
04.16.2019 , 05:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeThorogood View Post
Set-bonus of Tactical Item ideas:

Backstab no longer has a positional requirement, however like Maul (Deception Assassin) it does less damage when not used from behind.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Agree with removing positional requirement of back blast.
i see you've both talked about positional requirements for backstab. here is a small problem with that (although this is mostly PvP related)

due to things such as de-sync and lag etc, it is already possible to appear to be standing in front of someone or just off the side and use backstab. now this is fine as the game thinks you are behind(though you really aren't) and you do the damage.

Now however , with the proposed change, i can backstab whenever i want, but how do i know i'm actually behind the target and getting the full damage? this is a problem i always had with maul as it always felt like i was throwing damage away as i was never truly knew if i was behind the target.
Waythuk

The Red Eclipse-->Darth Malgus

LeeThorogood
04.16.2019 , 05:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by benmas View Post
i see you've both talked about positional requirements for backstab. here is a small problem with that (although this is mostly PvP related)

due to things such as de-sync and lag etc, it is already possible to appear to be standing in front of someone or just off the side and use backstab. now this is fine as the game thinks you are behind(though you really aren't) and you do the damage.

Now however , with the proposed change, i can backstab whenever i want, but how do i know i'm actually behind the target and getting the full damage? this is a problem i always had with maul as it always felt like i was throwing damage away as i was never truly knew if i was behind the target.
I would suggest the solution to that small problem is a simple one, use a different Tactical Item / Set-bonus for PvP if de-sync and lag causing a minor loss of DPS is so critical.

Rion_Starkiller
04.17.2019 , 01:17 PM | #6
Yeah, I probably wouldn't use the positional Tac item in pvp. It's very easy to get behind a player for that extra damage.

In PVE though, the positional requirement of Backblast is a pain in the arse, particularly since Backblast comes off cooldown more quickly than Blood Broiler. Additionally, Backblast deals very high damage for little energy.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Delani
04.17.2019 , 01:51 PM | #7
Operatives in general should be given an ability that allows them to clone themselves as a tacticul item. This ability would work just like Vitiate ability in the Jedi knight story during the fight with the emperor.

memerobot
04.18.2019 , 04:32 AM | #8

1. Revealing Weakness debuff from Volatile Substance to become a buff so it could be used on any target.
1. Hot and Ready debuff from Blood Boiler to become a buff so it could be used on any target.

2. Crippling Shards: When Crippling Slice is used on a target, it releases shards on the vicinity, making other targets suffer the same effect.
2. Loose Slugs: When Shank Shot is used on a target, slugs bounce back on the vicinity, making other targets suffer the same effect.

3. Crippling Slice changed the not able to turn line into allowing to use Backstab from front, as well, for full damage.
3. Shank Shot changed the not able to turn line into allowing to use Back Blast from front, as well, for full damage.

4. Acid Haze: Toxic Haze now spreads Acid Blade effect up to 8 targets.
4. Dirty Bushwhack: Bushwhack now spreads Flechette Round effect up to 8 targets.

5. Silent Steps: Player can now have up to 3 Exfiltrates but cooldown is increased to 15 seconds.
5. Going Down: Player can now have up to 3 Scampers but cooldown is increased to 15 seconds.

6. A tactical item which makes the next Laceration have 50% more damage when used after Veiled Strike.
6. A tactical item which makes the next Sucker Punch have 50% more damage when used after Bludgeon.

7. Backstab will grant Enforcer's Critical Combo, making your next Laceration deal double the damage.
7. Back blast will grant Smuggler's Critical Combo, making your next Sucker Punch deal double the damage.

8. Elite Strategy: When applying Volatile Substance, the target is hindered for 1.5 seconds. In addition, when Volatile Substance is triggered, target is slowed down by 40%, for 3 seconds.
8. Surprise Element: When applying Blood Boiler, the target is hindered for 1.5 seconds. In addition, when Blood Boiler is triggered, target is slowed down by 40%, for 3 seconds.

9. Backstab refreshes Kolto Probe on self if 2 stacks are present.
9. Back Blast refreshes Slow-release Medpac on self if 2 stacks are present.

10. Veiled Strike makes your next Laceration have 100% critical chance. Cannot occur more than once every 9 seconds.
10. Bludgeon makes your next Sucker Punch have 100% critical chance. Cannot occur more than once every 9 seconds.

Suggestions from me and friend, Slimshady.

csmnstoica
04.18.2019 , 04:42 AM | #9
1. Bludgeon/Veiled strike refreshes the duration of any Slow release Medpacks/Kolto probe on yourself.
alternative
2. Bludgeon/Veiled strike does an additional 30% dmg as internal bleeding over 6 secs.

Spasi
04.18.2019 , 05:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by memerobot View Post

6. A tactical item which makes the next Laceration have 50% more critical chance when used after Veiled Strike.

10. Veiled strike makes your next Laceration have 100% critical chance. Cannot occur more than once every 6 seconds.
Umm that is basically the same thing except one is a lot better.