Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increase level 2 speeder %

--Gunner--
01.29.2012 , 06:36 AM | #1
i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome?

thomasgallant
01.29.2012 , 06:39 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by --Gunner-- View Post
i think everyone here would agree that 210k is to much for a 10% increase 10 is nothing. in wow u got a 40% increase.. then a 110% increase, then ANOTHER 100% increase!!! (only if u had the mount) i move to slow in this game!!!! im not saying i want flying mounts. i just want a speeder that moves with a little more....awsome?
10% is 10 % faster.. if you choose to spend 200k for a 10% increase to get places 10% faster... to nodes for instance to get the credits faster..thats your choice..
personally i dont say increase the speed. I say decrease the cost.

this game does not move slowly. after you get sprint you barely need a speeder. I have one and I rarely use it because I use the taxi and quick travel system where appropriate.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

pursang
01.29.2012 , 06:42 AM | #3
210K isn't really that much. You can easily recoup that by doing your daily quests.
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

Senatsu
01.29.2012 , 06:42 AM | #4
I would increase the speed of everything, to be honest, like this maybe:

Sprint = 50%
Level 1 speeder = 100%
Level 2 speeder = 125%
Level 3 speeder = 150%

Since the areas are incredibly huge, this increase will make it easier and quicker to move around, and it will also make it feel like it's worth the credits getting the higher speeds as you level up. It's not a massive change from what it is not, but it might make it actually worth spending those tons of credits.

Krabcakes
01.29.2012 , 06:42 AM | #5
The decreased chance for dismount makes the higher end speeders fine.

210k is not much.

A perfect example of pvp in SW:TOR from Reddit http://i.imgur.com/ryQSs.jpg

thomasgallant
01.29.2012 , 06:43 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by --Gunner-- View Post
on a side note...we have flying mounts.. the speeders fly above the ground....
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

thomasgallant
01.29.2012 , 06:44 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
I would increase the speed of everything, to be honest, like this maybe:

Sprint = 50%
Level 1 speeder = 100%
Level 2 speeder = 125%
Level 3 speeder = 150%

Since the areas are incredibly huge, this increase will make it easier and quicker to move around, and it will also make it feel like it's worth the credits getting the higher speeds as you level up. It's not a massive change from what it is not, but it might make it actually worth spending those tons of credits.
the areas are not incredibly huge... Fall out has incredibly huge areas you need to run through.. these are small in comparison to alot of games... early EQ had much larger runs and you had no mounts at all.

thomasgallant
01.29.2012 , 06:45 AM | #8
I personally dont see a need for a higher end speeder at like level 45 where i am right now the level 1 is just fine

Xerda
01.29.2012 , 06:46 AM | #9
I can't believe how much the speeder training costs compared to how little you get in return for it. It's just way too slow.
Help me, Bio-Ware Support; you're my only hope.

xXcronicXx
01.29.2012 , 06:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Krabcakes View Post
The decreased chance for dismount makes the higher end speeders fine.

210k is not much.

This you do not get dismounted as much