[Guide-Video] Shinarika 9 and Introduction to 23/1/17 and 13/28 "Arika" Hybrid

Xinika

1.6 DPS Gear Setup - 12/15/2012

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/bd1776e3-0a13-4fb4-b715-cca50ac5b742

"My armoury has been updated to reflect the Elite War Hero stat changes and what I will be currently aiming for.

Things I've noticed

- The new Striker's Motivator should be avoided. Its stat allocation bends heavily into Endurance and is useless. The old Striker Motivator is seemingly a better choice. One should aim for the Elite Force-Lord's as side pieces in case they need to swap it up for balance-inspired builds.

- Most of the single pieces are 1-4 + stat upgrades. Seems worthless right? Wrong, add these up overtime through consistent min/maxing and tweaking and it will make a solid difference between standard WH vs EWH.

- Start with the Elite Stalker Bracers first. You'll be able to exchange that mod throughout several different items and you can even use the armouring from it to cover another piece of gear. (You only need 4 pieces of WH armouring to receive the set bonus not 5. This will save you time.)

Happy grinding!:rak_03:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.3 DPS Gear Setup - 7/14/2012

YouTube:

Here lies the gear updates for the Shadow / Assassin in 1.3. An important note that I want to add to this, is creativity. The beautiful part about ToR is the ability is to mix/match gear parts. Although there's cookie cutters regardless, the important part is the numbers.

0:05-2:09 : Gear Setup and Commentary

2:11-2:22 : Keybindings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YouTube:

Watchmen's Jedi Shadow/ Sith Assassin PvP Hybrid Montage Guide

Ninth entry to the Shinarika PvP series that takes a whole new route. There are no standard 31/x/x specs in this video, only hybrids. Combining the aspects of Tutorial videos with Entertainment, the very video itself is a hybrid. Hope you enjoy and find the material useful. Stay tuned!

00:19-00:36 : 23/1/17 Introduction and Info

00:38-00:55 : 0/13/28 Introduction and Info

01:19-01:21 : Example 23/1/17 Spec

01:22-01:25 : Example 0/13/28 Spec

01:25-01:35 : 23/1/17 and 0/13/28 Rotations

Produced by PSI.

Edited by Shinarika.

Filmed by Shinarika.

0/14/27 "Arika": http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Shadow#0-18cif-2d6ee83cf

23/1/17 "KC-Balance Hybrid": http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/Shadow#79e162fe-1-2e830f

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23/1/17

This is an awesome spec and probably the one I am going to use for rateds. This or my own personal 13/28 Balance-Infil hybrid. Now this spec is awesome. Think of it as a more mobile Kinetic. You have the defensives of KC, but you have more mobility and burst damage. You also get insta-force lift.

The trade off is TK and Slow time. Both, of which, are excellent abilities on their own, but it is a fair trade. This spec is very supportive to the team and can pump some good burst damage. I highly recommend it to anyone who's serious about rated play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0/13/28 (Now updated to 0/14/27)

Messing around trying to find new ways to entertain myself with my Shadow... I suddenly came up with this spec out of nowhere. I remember seeing it on "paper" and thinking "Oh gosh, that spec would perform awesome if I think it works the way I want it to!". Well, what a surprise... this spec more than fulfilled my expectations, it surpassed it.

This is a very high-damage dealing spec that features a multiple arsenal of attacks to keep you going and keep you going strong. FiB and Breach, both high internal damage (Yes, this spec utilizes Shadow Technique!) along with the SS proc... this spec is just a pure armour-penetrating build. Also known as 'the backstab' spec.

On top of the high and consistent damage, the force management is great! That's the other part that surprised me. You have so many buttons to press yet you're not force starved entirely. Granted, you must monitor your force like you would as any spec. I'm still working around getting used to this spec but I absolutely love it. The burst literally requires little to no setup and you have the ability to just keep going.

Not familiar with Shadow abilities?

Check your mirror class abilities here:

http://jedi.well-of-souls.com/abilities_consular.html

Additional Terms:

KC= Darkness

Infiltration = Deception

Balance = Madness

Edited by Xinika

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice video as usual!

For me personally, I want to stick to having Voltaic Slash/Clairvoyant Strike at least. That's pretty hard to justify builds based on the ability since it requires going full Infiltration/Deception. I'm going to mess around with the build I currently use and continually stack power to see how far my damage can go.

Either way, I used to use 23/1/17 and it felt really odd not using wither/slow time in Tank spec. Then again, it's for the best. Keep it up!

First off awesome video!!

The standard 31/0/10 though awesome just was never my cup of tea from years of playing a sub rogue in wow. I fell in love with the deception tree, and have been killing it in WZ's despite what many spec and prefer as an assassin.

However, I'm not so blind to see my weakness in a team setting not having that extra survivability. Logically both specs look solid, and I was kind of kicking myself saying "Why didn't I think of that?". But you did, and I thank you for that!

Keep it up!

Thank you for posting the video...editing is top notch and fits nicely with the beat of your music. I use Premiere a lot for various slide shows/videos and I appreciate the quality.

As for the pvp, also very nicely done. I like how you showcase the 2 specs side by side...nice use of kiting on those warriors, pillar hugging while force/cds reset...smart play period.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I largely solo-queued due to being in a guild with few people who pvped actively..as a result, a 31-0-10 spec was more suited to survival, however, I have since joined a pvp-oriented guild where the players use coordination and teamwork and we all know that makes a world of difference.

- The 23-1-17 is one I have used extensively with great success. (HEAVILY used when it was 23-0-18 and raze was usable in dark charge).

- In coordinated team play, there is less likelihood of someone on your team breaking your whirlwind or force lift, so the spec is more viable here.

- You still have almost all the utility as you would in a 31-0-10 spec (force pulls, knockdowns out of stealth) with the exception of the aoe slow/damage reduction. Sometimes wither is actually counterproductive imo because it's a guaranteed cc breaker. We burst down single targets whenever possible while ccing others, therefore rendering wither useless during that stretch.

- I can't count how many times the ranged aoe has saved a node/door cap.

- The 13-0-28 is also one I used during my "chronic respecitis" phase. (This is an addiction I have sought treatment for.)

- As you have said...burst and force management is very nice. Internal damage is great!

- I've had people send me tells saying that I hit much harder, asking if I respecced...although they also sent me tells asking if I respecced because I'm much more squishy.

- I have found that my damage in this spec (or full madness) is much higher and burst-oriented...I do not find myself dying a whole lot more than I would as darkness due to the fact that I understand it's a finesse build and don't try to stand toe to toe with a marauder or powertech...too many players make this mistake and wonder why they die fast....then come to the forums and complain that the class is broken.

- My only nitpick with the "Arika" spec (and believe me it's a small one...I don't mean to sound condescending here) is that you named it (this is funny)...I think anyone who plays an mmo who wants to be good and fully understand their class tries different specs. I've used this spec (and I'm sure many others have as well)...I just don't have a good enough computer or the inclination to fraps/stream myself. I guess you could compare it to a golf swing...There is a swing methodology known as the "stack and tilt". Although it's not used by many, there are still several players who use it...the bottom line is your'e still hitting a little white ball with a crooked stick...

- Anyway, thank you for posting the video...I enjoyed watching, found it informative and entertaining! :p

What is the preferred rotation on this build? And I can't quite make out the abilities on the bar. If someone could list that out that would be awesome. I wanna use these builds!

Im on my phone so its nigh impossible to make heads or tails of it.

Edited by Wulfra

I'm pretty sure the War Hero Adept Mod 26 comes out of the War Hero Force Master boots, but where are the enhancements coming from?

You are correct on the boots for the Adept Mod...the enhancements come from Force Mystic Gloves and some other items such as eliminator's boots...2000 a pop...in other words, it's going to take quite a bit of time to completely optimize gear for power....UNLESS ranked warzones come out and they give the same amount of RATED commendations per game that unranked warzones give now of regular commendations.

TLDR: Shinarika plays a LOT! :)

What is the preferred rotation on this build? And I can't quite make out the abilities on the bar. If someone could list that out that would be awesome. I wanna use these builds!

Im on my phone so its nigh impossible to make heads or tails of it.

EVERYTHING in pvp is situational and I don't like calling it a "rotation" per say but in a nutshell here's what you want to be using in each spec:

23-1-17

- Shock on energize proc

- Maul on a Duplicity proc

- Death Field when its CD is up.

- Thrash/Assassinate to proc energize.

- Ideally, recklessness/adrenals/relic popped when energize is available/DeathField is ready/and Duplicity is up...= huge burst on your target.

0-13-28

- Shock on 2x Induction stacks

- Maul on Duplicity proc (will proc more often in this spec due to 30% chance)

- Death Field when CD is up

- Thrash/Assassinate to proc Induction and as a filler when you're setting up for burst (next step)

- Ideally, recklessness/adrenals/relic popped when 2 stacks of induction is available/DeathField is ready/discharge is ready and Duplicity is up...= huge burst on your target.

Regarding the 0/13/28 build, is it really worth 3 talent points to get 30% crit damage on FiB/DF? That and why put a point in Sharpened mind? It doesn't seem like you're using DoTs at all, so that half of the talent seems wasted. Do you hard cast Mind Crush often enough to be worth those points?

Is the force management so good that Masked Assault or just more DPS/Defense (say Technique mastery, Security Breach, or Shadowy Veil) from KC or Inf? Dropping those 4 points from Balance would also let you grab one of the T4 talents in Inf.

I know FiB is relatively high damage AoE, but I just wonder about 4 talents to get 50% of 3 talents value.

Regarding the 0/13/28 build, is it really worth 3 talent points to get 30% crit damage on FiB/DF? That and why put a point in Sharpened mind? It doesn't seem like you're using DoTs at all, so that half of the talent seems wasted. Do you hard cast Mind Crush often enough to be worth those points?

Is the force management so good that Masked Assault or just more DPS/Defense (say Technique mastery, Security Breach, or Shadowy Veil) from KC or Inf? Dropping those 4 points from Balance would also let you grab one of the T4 talents in Inf.

I know FiB is relatively high damage AoE, but I just wonder about 4 talents to get 50% of 3 talents value.

I know it may look like a waste but trust me it's worth it.

You're not using DoTs as this spec. So, no, I do not use Mind Crush.

You're also using Shadow Technique.

Just take it for a spin :p

so what is your take on the "traditional" 31/0/10 spec that almost every Assassin/Shadow runs around with? And yes, that is an assumption as almost every assassin I click on has Dark Charge on :)

Some claim it is Op, because it does so much damage, I dont know, haven't played my assassin much since release of 1.2, I made a Juggernaut and have been busy with him (as you can see in my signature). But I was thinking of going back to my assassin at some point. might try one of these. if I dont like them, I can always go back to the damagetank spec (31/0/10 with dps gear).

I really like deception, but its a glass cannon and it's not worth it doing high burst if you die every 30 seconds now is it?

I know it may look like a waste but trust me it's worth it.

You're not using DoTs as this spec. So, no, I do not use Mind Crush.

You're also using Shadow Technique.

Just take it for a spin :p

I still don't buy it. I said it was 4 talents for 50% worth of a 3-pt talent, but it's actually 5-6. I forgot about Deathmark/Force Suppression. Since you're using no dots, the 20% from that talent is also wasted. And, if you don't have to get to the 5th tier, you can also pull a point out of one of the filler talents lower in the tree (like stun c/d reduction or dot dmg mitigation).

Clearly, you get slightly higher burst by increasing the crit damage on FiB/DF. Assuming you have a 35% crit rate buffed, you're increasing FiB/DF dmg by about 10.5% overall. Where you could instead put those 5-6 talents in Deception/Infiltration and go 18/23 or 19/22, and pick up some actual Force regen (which 13/28 has none of beyond the minor bonus right out of stealth), AoE dmg reduction and/or a c/d reduction on Force Cloak.

But it seems like, if you wanted more burst, going deep Infil/Deception would be better. You lose the range of FiB/DF, but buff Project/Shock heavily.

so what is your take on the "traditional" 31/0/10 spec that almost every Assassin/Shadow runs around with? And yes, that is an assumption as almost every assassin I click on has Dark Charge on :)

Some claim it is Op, because it does so much damage, I dont know, haven't played my assassin much since release of 1.2, I made a Juggernaut and have been busy with him (as you can see in my signature). But I was thinking of going back to my assassin at some point. might try one of these. if I dont like them, I can always go back to the damagetank spec (31/0/10 with dps gear).

I really like deception, but its a glass cannon and it's not worth it doing high burst if you die every 30 seconds now is it?

31/0/10 is highly overrated and easily countered by people with half a brain. Not only is it overrated but I do not find the spec to be anything that special compared to the other ACs out there. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying it's average and in the end: fine.

I would never recommend Deception for teamplay unless you enjoy personal satisfaction. You simply have other specs (hybrids included) that are more valuable to the team.

What really brings all of this together is the way she's optimized her gear.

How much expertise/power/willpower do you have total with buffs?

That armoury is slightly dated. We're looking at 877 Power w/ 1105 expertise.

Edited by Xinika

I've been running your 0/13/28 spec ever since you first announced it (before you made the video :p, I have your mrrobot page bookmarked) and absolutely love it. I was curious about stats though. It looks like you run 900 power but only with 18% crit unbuffed. As of right now I'm at about 400 power, 28% crit unbuffed, 76.88% surge, 96% accuracy, 1600 willpower, and 1123 expertise. 18% crit sounds a little disheartening for me, even with recklessness thats only every 75 seconds with stalker set bonus, so I wanted to know why you think the power is worth the loss in crit. Edited by InariOkami

Nice video man/girl (what do i know? xD)

I kinda resently dinged 50 with my assassin and i am woundering about statpriority?. Is it worth stacking crit over 30% if not, why? As a deceptionassassin i kinda feel that u live on your crits! As i check around the net it seams like the statpriority is (for pvp) Expertise > Accuracy to 105% > Crit 30% >Critical multiplier 75% and power as a last resort.

Is this priority correct? Its pretty much this i find everywhere. Feel free to comment, discuss =)