Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

But, can they legally give one set of customers free transfers/mergers and not another group. do you think that MacDonald's customer would object if one customer got fries and they customer didn't?

They gave you free transfers to aussie servers from US and EURO servers. They will give(if that's the word) paid transfers, thru the cash shop to ALL players.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They gave you free transfers to aussie servers from US and EURO servers. They will give(if that's the word) paid transfers, thru the cash shop to ALL players.

But, with the US they got one transfer and two Mergers on their servers, we the Asia Pacific players got a free option to transfer to new server that was created for us and now all we ask is that the servers be merged so that we can enjoy the same level of pops that the US/EU enjoy (take for granted)

So that's one transfer and a merger.......seems we are asking for less than what was freely given to the US/EU players.

And they'll get back to us right after the game goes ftp.

"Well, this isn't a problem, you can transfer each of your characters for $(US)50 at any time, if you feel your server isn't populated enough." :eek:

They can say that if they want to, it's totally up to them. I don't see how that will appease the APAC community that is already mightily pissed off with them right now.

I personally don't want a "transfer", I would like a server merger like what was just done in the US. Take these 3 servers we have here for our region, and merge them into a single server.

I also think the threats of leaving don't bother Bioware due to the impending FTP. They'll be expecting to lose a lot of paying subscribers to FTP, it's the nature of that model, so losing a few APAC players beforehand will be of little concern to them.

So basically, I don't think they're going to announce anything before FTP in regards to APAC server consolidations. We can be a noisy as we like about it, but they won't respond. They have no reason to just yet. Once they go FTP you'll see a bit more communications from them, they'll have a player base that has no ties to this game, they'll need to ensure everything is done to make the game as playable as possible then. Right now, we're kind of locked in, we WANT to pay to play, but they don't really need us to.

As it is true that we got a free transfer from the APAC server creation... In the "Free Transfer Period" APAC servers didn't get to transfer anywhere. Not from US servers, and not to. On top of that, on server merges, APAC servers were left out, even though we had brought this matter up ages ago, saying we want to be merged.

All in all, APAC is still missing some official response, and no matter how you dodge it as "you are a small player base" and everything, we are all paying customers and we have all the rights to a response.

I have 70 days left on my subscription. I don't believe I'm gonna play most of it, but if that time runs out, I guess I'll join F2P.

So I clicked "First BioWare Post" it took me to page 9. We are currently on page 41.

This is seriously the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Getting a simple update from whoever is supposed to be keeping us in loop, from whoever is supposed to take but a few minutes of their "oh so" busy day to give us a short:

"Hey Guys, we are just waiting to see what happens with Free-to-Play"

or

"Hey Guys, we are just having issues with <company hosting servers>, we'll give you an update when it is sorted or within 7 days, whichever comes first"

This wait is longer than:

Watching a Kettle Boil

Rush hour traffic

Standing in the Express line at the supermarket at 1200h on a Saturday

A Polititcian's Speech

Waiting for an update from Telstra (I just had them call me yesterday, on a Saturday, but they are winning this race)

Waiting for a good song on the radio

Watching Lord of The Rings

Getting a simple update from whoever is supposed to be keeping us in loop, from whoever is supposed to take but a few minutes of their "oh so" busy day to give us a short:

LOL, I may add this post to wiki for an advanced definition of naivety.

LOL, I may add this post to wiki for an advanced definition of naivety.

LOL I think I may add this post to wiki for an advanced definition of ignorance.

The amount of time you posted your worthless post, is the same amount of time it would've taken bioware to respond, and tbh evaluate how horrible our servers are.

Any questions?

So I clicked "First BioWare Post" it took me to page 9. We are currently on page 41.

This is seriously the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

or

"Hey Guys, we are just having issues with <company hosting servers>, we'll give you an update when it is sorted or within 7 days, whichever comes first"

This wait is longer than:

Watching a Kettle Boil

Rush hour traffic

Standing in the Express line at the supermarket at 1200h on a Saturday

A Polititcian's Speech

Waiting for an update from Telstra (I just had them call me yesterday, on a Saturday, but they are winning this race)

Waiting for a good song on the radio

Watching Lord of The Rings

proof that EAware think of us as second-class gamers.

I've got to say the current situation over the APAC servers sucks and it's causing more and more people to leave or play on other servers. I'll be playing on my own tonight because my friends cannot be bothered playing on a dead server, or starting over on a populated one.

BW just ignores my CS tickets or they paste some bullcrap standard reply. It just sucks. :( It used to be so much fun but now, you're lucky to get pvp to pop regularly.

I want to see if they care enough to, at the very least, give me a ticket for going against the rules on this thread. It would then show that they actually pay attention to it and bother not to reply to us.

So,....

+1

BUMP

Those 2 words are apparently not allowed on this thread.

I want to see if they care enough to, at the very least, give me a ticket for going against the rules on this thread. It would then show that they actually pay attention to it and bother not to reply to us.

So,....

+1

BUMP

Those 2 words are apparently not allowed on this thread.

but all the other words you have said make it a valid comment, lol

Anyone know if what we've currently got is 3 of the new "high population" type servers? Or just the old, normal servers?

Oh and also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't everyone on US servers get to change their Legacy name a couple weeks back? We didn't get that opportunity yet, did we?

Edited by PurpleCliff

I'm noticing a steady decline in the population on Dalborra too. There has been an increase in queue times for the Group Finder and PvP. It is not uncommon to see less than 50 people on either Fleet. At the time of writing this there was 22 on the Imperial Fleet.

Personally I'm not phased whether we have cross server content for APAC servers, an APAC server merger or the opportunity to migrate to a nominated APAC server. I would just like to continue playing this game on an APAC server, the ping is fantastic. I'm not going to be picky. I will continue to support the game by paying a subscription.

All I urge is immediate action, or very soon it wont matter what I would like or what other APAC players prefer in terms of mergers or cross server content - it will be a moot point with three empty servers.

Edited by DMFA

I'm actually starting to get on board with this - not only for the sake of general participation levels (which are becoming an issue even for our tiny (successful) progression guild) but because I'm 110% behind the idea of removing the great (artificial, resource hungry and ultimately counterproductive) divide between PvP and PvE (and RP) in MMO's. Edited by Kynesis

I'm actually starting to get on board with this - not only for the sake of general participation levels (which are becoming an issue even for our tiny (successful) progression guild) but because I'm 110% behind the idea of removing the great (artificial, resource hungry and ultimately counterproductive) divide between PvP and PvE (and RP) in MMO's.

Well, considering that those who wish to do world PvP have the option to flag themselves, even on a PvE server, the notion of PvP and PvE servers seems a big far-fetched.

This thread is on page 2 again....

We CAN'T LET THE THREAD DIE!!!!

Come on ppl! keep posting, keep fighting all that jazz :) WE want merges!!!! im on Master D atm and on Voss prime time.....4 ppl! 4!! come on man!

Well, considering that those who wish to do world PvP have the option to flag themselves, even on a PvE server, the notion of PvP and PvE servers seems a big far-fetched.

I don't think I've seen one post saying they don't want to lose the PVP server. Everyone seems fine with accepting a move to a PVE server. This can't be what's holding up the process. I suspect it's just not important to them.

I don't think I've seen one post saying they don't want to lose the PVP server. Everyone seems fine with accepting a move to a PVE server. This can't be what's holding up the process. I suspect it's just not important to them.

Yeah, there's not even any difference between PvE and PvP servers with the state of the game at the moment. Open world PvP is discouraged.

I find it extremely arrogant of Bioware to promise us information about the issue, then the following week go into silence.

If there is ever one thing Bioware can do to curb the negativity surrounding this game is to communicate with its paying customer base in a more timely fashion. Whoever it is in Bioware that is responsible for player communications needs sacked so this game can grow. Bioware at the moment seems focused on spinning hype to prospective customers, when they forget that word of mouth from existing customers is the best hype of all.

The players on Oceanic servers are NOT playing free, they are ALL people that have purchased the game and have been paying a monthly subscription for quite some time. These people deserve better communication as to what is going on with oceanic servers.

To the people who we pay the wages of with our subscriptions... we can save your jobs... shh don't look sideways, your job, that's right you. We love this game and are still playing and PAYING! .. but you can't keep this wall of lies [about promised updates and information that never came] and silence up without pissing us off further....

... i'm pretty much over it.

Anyone know if what we've currently got is 3 of the new "high population" type servers? Or just the old, normal servers?

Oh and also, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't everyone on US servers get to change their Legacy name a couple weeks back? We didn't get that opportunity yet, did we?

We only have the standard servers as we were the TEST rats for server transfers well prior to US to US transfers. The High Pop servers only just went active just prior to when they did the mass merging.

Those that chose to switch from US/EU servers to APAC servers had option to change/set Legacy names, IF they ever give us the option to merge id say we will have option to re-name our legacy and the unlucky ones will need to re-name their toons