Graphics card question

shadowmalic

I’m a returning player and am wanting to know if the recommended graphics card has changed I run a rx570 could I still run ultra at 1080p or has that changed.

Specs ryzen5 3600

Rx570 4g

16gb ddr4 ram 3000 MHz

2tb HDD

X570 mobo

I’m a returning player and am wanting to know if the recommended graphics card has changed I run a rx570 could I still run ultra at 1080p or has that changed.

Specs ryzen5 3600

Rx570 4g

16gb ddr4 ram 3000 MHz

2tb HDD

X570 mobo

I'd say you should be fine. I'm running on a slightly older card GTX 1070 and can run it fine on Ultra.

The graphics card is not really that important, the CPU will be the bottleneck for the performance you get, especially when there are a lot of other players around e.g. fleet and warzones. Since you have a Ryzen processor you should be good to go, they have proven to be a little bit better in handling the single core stress of the game engine. Edited by Phazonfreak

Specs ryzen5 3600

Rx570 4g

16gb ddr4 ram 3000 MHz

2tb HDD

X570 mobo

Yeah, you should be fine running it on ultra. I have the same type of card and a Ryzen 3 2200g and it runs finely.

I’m a returning player and am wanting to know if the recommended graphics card has changed I run a rx570 could I still run ultra at 1080p or has that changed?

As has been said, the CPU is the main limiting factor for SWTOR. So, just set everything to low and note your fps (frames per second - ctrl-shift-F), then crank the graphics settings until they start to affect your fps.

I don't know if that would be "ultra" - I have an older R9 390, and I can't get what I'd call ultra - but it should be pretty good.

I'd be really curious to know what sort of fps you get with the Ryzen 3600 - particularly in FPs, PvP, OPs, and other "busy" times.

Last night while doing 16-player Nightmare Pilgrim world boss, my fps averaged around 20-25 and dipped as low as 10 (when I could spare the time to look at the display). Things have been delayed due to r/l issues, but I intend to upgrade to a Ryzen soon-ish (from an i5-6600).