Flashpoints with companions

I hope the game designers consider using all companions in flashpoints normal and hm for 1.6 would really make this game more appealing to solo players. Once you get to lvl 50 all you can do is daily's if your a solo player they need to expanded the companion role to flashpoints. More folks would keep playing the game. Instead of getting bored after a few weeks at 50 the giving it up..

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because MMOs are meant to be played Solo...

Socialize, meet people with the random group finder, join a guild. You will likely meet 20 ******s for every 1 decent person but thats the same for real life.

No. I just geared up me and my companion. Now I solo whatever I can. The few that I cannot I join groupfinder for. If i can ever use more than one companion I would be happy. It is more fun controlling more two toons as opposed to one.

P.S. People come and go in MMOs, BIOWARE companions are with you forever.

One companion per person is enough and I like they way the FP's are set up as is. However I do wish that when grouped in the open world (not in a FP/WZ/OP) that every player in the party could have their companion out. also maybe once they figure out how to fix the lag with large scale pvp I would like to see maybe a specific WZ type where we can have companions too.

It's really tiring to hear the "solo player" ask for more MMO content geared towards them, as if anything at all should be catered towards the solo player; as if the player who only likes to solo has any right to demand anything in a game specifically tailored to be a massive multiplayer online experience.

Every aspect of an MMO should encourage meaningful player interaction. Every. Aspect. That's what (should) define a (good) MMO. That's why we call these games MMOGs, and not "multiplayer-supported single player games."

-Macheath.

It's really tiring to hear the "solo player" ask for more MMO content geared towards them,

-Macheath.

if u can redesign this game like gw2, let user can free and fast transfer to MORE population server as that want,

then u can feel tired, because other ppl around the world r still playing like a ghost server;

look , there is only 27ppl on fleet on the day b4 yesterday during our peak time,

how can u expect them not play solo?

if u can redesign this game like gw2, let user can free and fast transfer to MORE population server as that want,

then u can feel tired, because other ppl around the world r still playing like a ghost server;

look , there is only 27ppl on fleet on the day b4 yesterday during our peak time,

how can u expect them not play solo?

Find a server with more people. MMOs are MMOs, not Single player games.

I would enjoy some new content with my companions. Something akin to LOTRO's skirmish system would be awesome. If you could bring more than one it would be even cooler. Not looking to replace endgame content, but I would enjoy it even if daily comms and credits was the reward.

Me and a friend of mine would have loved this feature, and it would increase the importance of your companions which is supposed to be one of the big differences between other MMOs and SWTOR. I would love for a easy mode version of flashpoints that would be doable with companions. the esseles is still my favorite flashpoint for this very reason, because me and a friend can do it together in private.

SWTOR is an MMO and I know you are supposed to play with others, but this game attracts much more solo players because of the story element. And even though they encourage playing with others, it is not what everyone wants. But I don't think that hard modes should be doable with companions, only normal or a new easier version of flashpoints. And I have yet to see any MMO actually give solo players some kind of end game content, it is always raiding and dungeons that are end game. If there was end game content for solo players, more would stay subscribers after their stories are done.

Yes, because MMOs are meant to be played Solo...

Yes they are, just as much as they are designed for grouping. This game was designed to let people solo if they wish. Stop force your narrow minded beliefs on others.

Socialize, meet people

That can happen without being a group.

It's really tiring to hear the "solo player" ask for more MMO content geared towards them, as if anything at all should be catered towards the solo player; as if the player who only likes to solo has any right to demand anything in a game specifically tailored to be a massive multiplayer online experience.

Every aspect of an MMO should encourage meaningful player interaction. Every. Aspect. That's what (should) define a (good) MMO. That's why we call these games MMOGs, and not "multiplayer-supported single player games."

-Macheath.

It's comments like that that make me wish this were KotOR 3. Then all the MMO players could stick to their online games, and I could just enjoy my epic Bioware story in peace.

Im confused.

Did the OP just request to be able to use 3 companions in a flashpoint so he could solo it?

>.>

Xbox, PS3, Wii-U, I think these are what you're looking for.

Sadly, KotOR 3 doesn't exist for those systems, but if it did you can bet I'd be all over it. Also you might be shocked to hear, but the PC also has lots of singleplayer games. In fact, most of the single player games for those systems are also on the PC. All the Bioware games can be gotten on the PC, and all the recent ones can be grabbed on Steam easily, minus the really recent ones published by EA.

I'd like to see this feature, especially if they add some inter-companion dialogue. Where the companions talk amongst themselves, it would help make it feel like an actual team.

Edited by Revanchis

I've already used my tanking companion in several flash points after the tank/s left due to their severe lack of tanking gear. Pvp gear and less health than the healer doesn't get you a very far in hardmode flash points.

Using my tank pet works well for the most part, it's really about the same as playing a hunter in WoW. Except I'm healing instead of dpsing. :D

As for using my companion to tank all hardmode flashpoints full time. The controls and AI might need some adjustments. Right now I can't order my companion to reposition to X location while tanking Y mob. Changing the direction of facing is also a pain.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

I'm thinking that a compromise here might be to make doing a HM FP with three companions possible, but make it significantly more difficult and with a reduced payout. Where if the three companions are just geared in what they wore to get to L50 then you'll get wiped early and often. Everyone would need Tionese or higher to even have a chance (possible downside: increasing the number of people clicking Need to gear their companion, which is unacceptable).

One element that automatically increases the difficulty is the fact that, if you die, it's a wipe. In normal HM FPs, if you die, the others can finish the match and you respawn, and might even be able to revive you mid-fight. But that wouldn't be possible in a Solo FP.

-Macheath.

Well this MMOG caters to single players also and very well. I don't know but multiple companions in flashpoint should not take many hours from developers and multiplayer improvements.

The issue with using only companions is that quite a few fights require doing more than standing there with carpel tunnel syndrome going *pewpewpew* guess it might be fine for the player to be doing any button pressing but if a fight requires taking cover, good freaking luck getting the companions to actually get behind cover.

I would absolutely love to see solo instances with companions that would allow you to interact and talk with them during the FP, of course rewards would have to be reduced (maybe companion gifts, crew skill materials or just a big handful of credits) but it could definitely be fun.

But there are FP's that can be soloed with just a companion and yourself, all it takes is gear.

I've lost track of the amount of times someone has left, gone afk or DC'd and we've finished a flashpoint with a companion or two. Two manning a flashpoint with companions is fine as long as you have decent presence and gear.

Before you say something like "yeah, but you can't two man HM LI" well no, I can't, but my GM did (that guy is freaking insane:eek:).

Edited by AshlaBoga