An arguement for why Marauders were nerfed, 1.2

Laginn

Less fury generation per rage. 4:1 vs 4:3

Marauders loose the -100% damage bubble (Force Camo).

Annihilation Tree - Lost +80% run speed.

Carnage - Has been buffed *Equalized*... Unfortunately still not worth using.

Rage is still a gimmick spec.

Edited by Laginn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you who say rage is a 'gimmick' must be the people who have had their faces smashed by us because quite frankly, it puts more pressure on healers than I ever could do as an Annihilation marauder. Yes, with interrupts and bleeds, I could eventually kill them while ignoring everything around me, but now as a Rage marauder if people are dumb enough to surround us, I can completely lock down their healer and make them choose: do I heal the idiots running into this marauder's omega smash or save myself? If nobody comes to help them, within 2-3 gcd's they are dead.

In Huttball, I have unlimited predation, making me one of the best huttball carriers short of an immortal jugg or deception tankassin. I can slow the ball carrier and destroy a ballcarrier and whoever has guard on them as they run their train and bunch up, letting me smash heavy's for 4k and light armor fools for 5k+. Our counter classes, a well-played sniper or op/scoundrel doesn't even stand a chance against me now b/c I can cast my force attacks from 10m away even after their kb/stun if they are foolish enough to try and leave me in LOS, wait for it wear off with Force Camo, then smash them for 5k while force crush has already done 2k+ damage before hand. Scoundrels now just run away after getting slowed/smashed/3k force screamed and the only thing they got on me was their opener.

I will go out on a limb and say that for PvP, Rage is the ultimate spec for marauders. We don't hit quite as hard as the Jugg, but our survivability far outweighs the minute difference in damage.

EDIT: We were not nerfed at all. The other two trees besides Anni were given QOL changes that makes them even more viable, but I will agree with you that carnage will ALWAYS be the worst of the 3 b/c of it's low survivability, lower than Rage burst, and inability to put enough pressure on our main concerns: healers.

Edited by BobaStyx

Less fury generation per rage. 4:1 vs 4:3

Marauders loose the -100% damage bubble (Force Camo).

Annihilation Tree - Lost +80% run speed.

Carnage - Has been buffed *Equalized*... Unfortunately still not worth using.

Rage is still a gimmick spec.

1. Marauder LOSE the 100% damage reduction at a 2 point cost for an ACROSS the board damage reduction of 50%, effectively GAINING more out of the tree.

2. 30% run speed was a waste of talents, in Anni. There are vastly superior places to put 2 talent points over this. This talent was a noob trap for Anni, and is the reason it was moved.

3. Carnage has and always will be the strongest group based spec. Root's are the single strongest form of CC in this game hands down, and the spec comes with 3 of them. The burst damage it brings trumps everything but Rage now as well, but it has better returns and is less CD reliant.

4. Do I even need to point out the fallacy in this? Biased trash coming from someone who has zero idea what makes a class/spec strong or weak.

you sir must only play anni, never tried the other specs

carnage snares are amazing and rage damage is up in healers faces, anni bleeds take forever and can be cleansed

you cant cleanse a 4k+ crit from smash

Do people seriously still think that bleeds are what make annihilation strong? That's like saying the damage from Force Choke/Force Crush is what makes Rage a strong tree. If your Annihilate isn't hitting for 4k+, you're doing something seriously wrong or aren't wearing any gear.

If you think your predictable smash combo is pressuring a healer, you play against terribles. Annihilation is a stronger spec against healers because it ISN'T predictable. They can't stop your burst combo because it doesn't rely on a 1-2-3 combo. Pressure from Anni/Carnage marauders = Instant, regardless of what morons think.

Edited by Ellvaan
Rude

2. 30% extra run speed is invaluable when you need it. IE defending in civil war/voidstar. After opening doors in voidstar, running the ball in huttball, or just caught off guard and need to vanish/sprint away to safety. Wasting your points obviously only if ur a baddy.

4k smash crits are more like 5-6k crits and 1.2 is 20% more than that as well as hitting your other abilities for 3-4k and frontal aoe off the gcd for 1 rage is a huge bonus to burst. Also carnage and rage both have 3 roots come 1.2. 10% running speed is a root imo.

4. Agreed carnage will be good enough, hard to tell if its best yet.

Edited by Rotanartlu

2. 30% extra run speed is invaluable when you need it. IE defending in civil war/voidstar. After opening doors in voidstar, running the ball in huttball, or just caught off guard and need to vanish/sprint away to safety. Wasting your points obviously only if ur a baddy.

4k smash crits are more like 5-6k crits and 1.2 is 20% more than that as well as hitting your other abilities for 3-4k and frontal aoe off the gcd for 1 rage is a huge bonus to burst. Also carnage and rage both have 3 roots come 1.2. 10% running speed is a root imo.

4. Agreed carnage will be good enough, hard to tell if its best yet.

By "waste of points" he meant "IDGAF about my team and would rather have an inferior slow or a small cd reduction on force choke".

you sir must only play anni, never tried the other specs

carnage snares are amazing and rage damage is up in healers faces, anni bleeds take forever and can be cleansed

you cant cleanse a 4k+ crit from smash

you can cleanse a force crush and kick choke... thus *********** your one big hit

1. Marauder LOSE the 100% damage reduction at a 2 point cost for an ACROSS the board damage reduction of 50%, effectively GAINING more out of the tree.

2. 30% run speed was a waste of talents, in Anni. There are vastly superior places to put 2 talent points over this. This talent was a noob trap for Anni, and is the reason it was moved.

3. Carnage has and always will be the strongest group based spec. Root's are the single strongest form of CC in this game hands down, and the spec comes with 3 of them. The burst damage it brings trumps everything but Rage now as well, but it has better returns and is less CD reliant.

4. Do I even need to point out the fallacy in this? Biased trash coming from someone who has zero idea what makes a class/spec strong or weak.

Do people seriously still think that bleeds are what make annihilation strong? That's like saying the damage from Force Choke/Force Crush is what makes Rage a strong tree. If your Annihilate isn't hitting for 4k+, you're doing something seriously wrong or aren't wearing any gear.

If you think your predictable smash combo is pressuring a healer, you play against terribles. Annihilation is a stronger spec against healers because it ISN'T predictable. They can't stop your burst combo because it doesn't rely on a 1-2-3 combo. Pressure from Anni/Carnage marauders = Instant, regardless of what morons think.

this mad guy speaks the truth...

problem with carnage is how well we survive, what i hate about the spec i feel far more squishy. Annihilation's survivability+ it's high damage output just trumps the other two specs.

Also it's kinda ridic annihilation will non crit for 3k on soft targets and it's what iusualy get 5k crits off of.

80% was a pro trap, and you're a noob. And I fail see how nerfing Force Camo from IMMUNITY to basicly useless, yeah a huge gain...

when i fight rage marauders i usually take a look on they're bar and when i see 4x shockwave or when they use obliterate with 4x or 3x or they finish force chocke and hava already the proc buff i always vanish, and taking 2k dmg more to me is a huge loss

You guys must have a lot of low-expertise Sorcs on your server.

when i fight rage marauders i usually take a look on they're bar and when i see 4x shockwave or when they use obliterate with 4x or 3x or they finish force chocke and hava already the proc buff i always vanish,

Non-retarded Rage Marauders don't hit Smash at those times.

... Unless there are 2 other targets standing next to you and they don't actually care about doing damage to you.

Edited by EasymodeX

you can cleanse a force crush and kick choke... thus *********** your one big hit

we are talking 1.2 here. Kicking choke won't do anything. plz refer to patch notes. cleansing crush will usually take 1.5-3 seconds still applying atleast 2-3 stacks no matter what. u obviously never played rage...

Edited by Rotanartlu

this mad guy speaks the truth...

problem with carnage is how well we survive, what i hate about the spec i feel far more squishy. Annihilation's survivability+ it's high damage output just trumps the other two specs.

Also it's kinda ridic annihilation will non crit for 3k on soft targets and it's what iusualy get 5k crits off of.

by trumps you mean does less burst, cc, and now has less utility. then yes.

I can't comment on rage and carnage, but the build I use was certainly nerfed.

Ferocity moved, 100% damage reduction nerfed, fury generation nerfed. I wont be able to carry Huttball games nearly as often. I won't be able to avoid death as easily too, games where I am at 40+ kills and 0 deaths when I'm solo queueing will be harder to achieve.

The silver lining is that obfuscate doesn't cost rage and is off the GCD and predation affects the entire raid.

I can't comment on rage and carnage, but the build I use was certainly nerfed.

Ferocity moved, 100% damage reduction nerfed, fury generation nerfed. I wont be able to carry Huttball games nearly as often. I won't be able to avoid death as easily too, games where I am at 40+ kills and 0 deaths when I'm solo queueing will be harder to achieve.

The silver lining is that obfuscate doesn't cost rage and is off the GCD and predation affects the entire raid.

How is Fury generation nerfed? All I'm seeing in patch notes is Short Fuse moved to Tier 1.

How is Fury generation nerfed? All I'm seeing in patch notes is Short Fuse moved to Tier 1.

He's probably referring to using Smash/Sweeping Slash via the Quick Recovery talent as an extremely efficient fury builder that basically allowed you to spam 80% boosted Predations all the way to the endzone or made you able to enter most combat situations with 30 fury already built up. Quick Recovery is being removed in 1.2. :(

Edited by Swarna

Also Short Fuse only applies to abilities that spend rage. Now that Awe, Disruption and Obfuscate don't have rage costs they don't generate Fury.

Coming from an Anni player, I dont totally disagree with your post. But I did play Rage for a while so I know the spec as well. The only comment I'll make on your assertion in bold is that, whenever I see Deadly Saber being cast which is a very distinct animation, something in my brain says, "CC this person now."

Anni can be just as predictable as Rage. If you get CCed during that Deadly Saber uptime, then you have only 1 bleed effect you can cast. That translates to much less rage generation and much less damage. Not a total loss, but neither is Rage if they miss one Smash.

we are talking 1.2 here. Kicking choke won't do anything. plz refer to patch notes. cleansing choke will usually take 1.5-3 seconds still applying atleast 2-3 stacks no matter what. u obviously never played rage...

you can still KB/stun the choke it doesn't matter. You've obviously never sat there with your healer and done this and loled at the crapp damage output of a marauder when he can't get a smash off.

by trumps you mean does less burst, cc, and now has less utility. then yes.

yeah i guess 1300+ dot ticks on top of the extra damage you're putting out with vicious slash and annihilates while kicking heals doesn't melt people. Or choking while you pop berserk at...

Rage has 1 big hit and that's it. The spec is newb straight up.

Carnage is still lacking with how terrible gore is and their whole burst window with berserk.