completely imbalanced

Puraaj

ok yes skill has something to do with it but not as much as being put against a premade who swamp it with top specced gunships an bombers that lace whole area with mines so no it is not balanced at all , going into GSF for first time on an alt an being 1 shot killed every 2 secs has FUFF all to do with skill

Uhhh? The top two scout / strike pilots in v the game flew stock ships. No mention of OP GS or Bombers because they didn't matter.Teamwork ~= skill (debatable, but based on circumstance) > Ship Gear. Tactics and skill of pilots are the most important.

My new at on Shadowlands has only t3 slug. 105k damage, 30-3 KD, solo queue. No sir, balance in skill is where the problem lies.

Edited by SammyGStatus

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh? The top two scout / strike pilots in v the game flew stock ships. No mention of OP GS or Bombers because they didn't matter.Teamwork ~= skill (debatable, but based on circumstance) > Ship Gear. Tactics and skill of pilots are the most important.

My new at on Shadowlands has only t3 slug. 105k damage, 30-3 KD, solo queue. No sir, balance in skill is where the problem lies.

Dude you know how we fly there was zero teamwork involved aside from nodecapping :p

Edited by tommmsunb

ok yes skill has something to do with it but not as much as being put against a premade who swamp it with top specced gunships an bombers that lace whole area with mines so no it is not balanced at all , going into GSF for first time on an alt an being 1 shot killed every 2 secs has FUFF all to do with skill

I hate to be *that* guy, but if that's what happens then there's probably very little skill possessed.

I am nowhere near as good as many others that frequent this forum but even I can top the board in a stock ship when I get lucky. Of course that won't happen against equally skilled pilots in mastered ships. I would never expect to fare better than someone who is equally skilled but has better equipment, be it Ground PvP or GSF.

Regarding balance: Each ship or ship type has its strengths and weaknesses. Some more than others, but those strengths are truly maximized and the weaknesses minimized when flown by skilled pilots. My experience is that it's more like rock/paper/scissors. If you bring the wrong tool for a task (e.g. Scout to clear a mine infested sat) you're going to get hurt. Can it be done? Sure, but that requires skill, not gear.

If I had to rate the influence of gear on perfomance in GSF, Ground PvP and Ops (as one PVE aspect), I'd say GSF has the least gear requirement.

I'd say, anyone with the Medalist title (1000 medals earned across Legacy) would be able to contribute in a meaningful way in a stock ship. Practice is simply invaluable and in most cases it makes perfect.

I am nowhere near as good as many others that frequent this forum but even I can top the board in a stock ship when I get lucky. Of course that won't happen against equally skilled pilots in mastered ships. I would never expect to fare better than someone who is equally skilled but has better equipment, be it Ground PvP or GSF.

Regarding balance: Each ship or ship type has its strengths and weaknesses. Some more than others, but those strengths are truly maximized and the weaknesses minimized when flown by skilled pilots. My experience is that it's more like rock/paper/scissors. If you bring the wrong tool for a task (e.g. Scout to clear a mine infested sat) you're going to get hurt. Can it be done? Sure, but that requires skill, not gear.

If I had to rate the influence of gear on perfomance in GSF, Ground PvP and Ops (as one PVE aspect), I'd say GSF has the least gear requirement.

I'd say, anyone with the Medalist title (1000 medals earned across Legacy) would be able to contribute in a meaningful way in a stock ship. Practice is simply invaluable and in most cases it makes perfect.

It doesn't take very long to get the medalist title, moreso I would say anybody with the Devastator or Most Valuable could do it if we're solely going by acheivements, though I'm sure there are people who don't have it who could do somewhat okay as well. As history has shown, simply because you have played a lot does not make you good.

It doesn't take very long to get the medalist title, moreso I would say anybody with the Devastator or Most Valuable could do it if we're solely going by acheivements, though I'm sure there are people who don't have it who could do somewhat okay as well. As history has shown, simply because you have played a lot does not make you good.

I trust both of those achievements to be more valuable than the medalist. The competence is real

I was thinking of using Fleet Admiral as an example, but that is a bit excessive. Medalist would usually require around 100 matches I'd say. I think that's enough experience to learn what to do and what not to do, hence why I said someone with that achievement would be able to contribute in a meaningful way. (I don't expect them to top the scoreboard.)

I was thinking of using Fleet Admiral as an example, but that is a bit excessive. Medalist would usually require around 100 matches I'd say. I think that's enough experience to learn what to do and what not to do, hence why I said someone with that achievement would be able to contribute in a meaningful way. (I don't expect them to top the scoreboard.)

It's not though. It really really isn't.

In my personal experience, there is a skill + gear wall that you have to beat yourself bloody against for the first 40-50 games before you noticeably start improving (70 games for me). You have to be willing to take the losses and the frustration and learn from the experience, as well as ask for advice from veterans.

My win rate was something like 15% and KD ratio was about 0.2 before joining a GSF guild, asked for help and I've finally been able to drag myself to 58% win and 1.3 KD ratio.