Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
03.04.2018 , 11:36 PM | #9411
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Just proves what I've been saying for years - people just don't learn their classes and abilities thanks to Romper Room mode.
In all fairness, though, non-stealth CC utility is kind of limited in PvE content. It's only ever going to be used in some flashpoints and some operations, if that. Many groups prefer to simply nuke everything with AoEs rather than slow down a run with CCs. A trinity group, or at least one that contains a healer, will almost always ignore CC; the healer will heal through the extra damage so DPS can dot spread or whatever to kill something faster. In fact, I'd say that Concussion Missile and Sorc Whirlwind almost never get used outside of non-role-specific content, because without a healer, DPS survivability can be a touch low.

There is a long list of reasons for people to not bother learning to play their class, but I don't think that non-role-specific content is very high on the list.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
03.05.2018 , 04:47 AM | #9412
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
In all fairness, though, non-stealth CC utility is kind of limited in PvE content. It's only ever going to be used in some flashpoints and some operations, if that. Many groups prefer to simply nuke everything with AoEs rather than slow down a run with CCs. A trinity group, or at least one that contains a healer, will almost always ignore CC; the healer will heal through the extra damage so DPS can dot spread or whatever to kill something faster. In fact, I'd say that Concussion Missile and Sorc Whirlwind almost never get used outside of non-role-specific content, because without a healer, DPS survivability can be a touch low.

There is a long list of reasons for people to not bother learning to play their class, but I don't think that non-role-specific content is very high on the list.
This was not a trinity group.

I use non stealth cc's all of the time. Especially when there is no healer. Stealth cc's won't work on droids, so it's up to a non-stealth class to cc if they have the ability. Which in this case was the merc. And I'm not talking the 4 or 8 second stuns.

You say it slows down the run, so let me ask you what slows down the run more: The 1.5 seconds to cast a cc, then all concentrate on one, then the other; or jumping in without cc and one or two people end up eating dirt, making the fight last longer, then 3 seconds per rez and additional time to regen? Seems to me that cc'ing would save time.

And finally, it had nothing to do with it being "non role specific content." Had it been a master mode, or any other situation where a cc would've been handy, I'm sure the conversation would've been the same: "I don't have that on my bar."

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
03.06.2018 , 08:49 PM | #9413
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
This was not a trinity group.

I use non stealth cc's all of the time. Especially when there is no healer. Stealth cc's won't work on droids, so it's up to a non-stealth class to cc if they have the ability. Which in this case was the merc. And I'm not talking the 4 or 8 second stuns.

You say it slows down the run, so let me ask you what slows down the run more: The 1.5 seconds to cast a cc, then all concentrate on one, then the other; or jumping in without cc and one or two people end up eating dirt, making the fight last longer, then 3 seconds per rez and additional time to regen? Seems to me that cc'ing would save time.

And finally, it had nothing to do with it being "non role specific content." Had it been a master mode, or any other situation where a cc would've been handy, I'm sure the conversation would've been the same: "I don't have that on my bar."
Reread my post. I'm well aware that it was a Vet FP.

Since you seem very confused about what you're talking about, let me ask this: what do you mean by "romper room"?
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

PorsaLindahl's Avatar


PorsaLindahl
03.07.2018 , 05:14 AM | #9414
Quote: Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
Reread my post. I'm well aware that it was a Vet FP.

Since you seem very confused about what you're talking about, let me ask this: what do you mean by "romper room"?
Reread my post. You brought up trinity groups and groups with healers. Both irrelevant to my post. So you're the one that's confused. The whole point that you missed twice was that level 68 player had no idea that they had a CC ability.

If you need to know what Romper Room is, then google it.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
03.08.2018 , 01:46 PM | #9415
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
If you need to know what Romper Room is, then google it.
I didn't need to know it, but I googled it anyway. Happy now ?
By the way, I'm European ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Euphrosyne's Avatar


Euphrosyne
03.08.2018 , 05:12 PM | #9416
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Reread my post. You brought up trinity groups and groups with healers. Both irrelevant to my post. So you're the one that's confused. The whole point that you missed twice was that level 68 player had no idea that they had a CC ability.

If you need to know what Romper Room is, then google it.
A television show for old Americans doesn't have anything to do with FPs.

Look, since you refuse to explain yourself and are getting belligerent, let me lay out the reasoning implied in my earlier post.
Spoiler
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"

wadecounty's Avatar


wadecounty
03.11.2018 , 06:59 PM | #9417
Had a funny group the other day. Korriban Incursion, me and my friend on assassins (her tanking), another sin dps, and an operative heals. The operative was impatient to begin with asking us if we were going to take all day to start, because my friend needed 30 seconds to respec (we both tend to queue for both roles to help make queues pop).

Then my friend pulls that one trash group just before the first boss people often skip, to make sure we could get the bonus boss without any backtracking. The operative healer decides he's had enough 2 minutes into the flashpoint, and says he doesn't have all day and drops group. We proceed to 3-man the rest of the flashpoint with a healer companion, and because we were mono stealth, after the bonus boss skipped almost everything.

Its funny to me because the operative that rage quit due to time constraints missed what would have probably been a faster run than 98% of the ones he'd get.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

JediAkemi's Avatar


JediAkemi
03.12.2018 , 12:40 AM | #9418
Yeah, people are weird like that.

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
03.16.2018 , 11:28 AM | #9419
Me and a few guild members had HUGE fun doing low-level FPs !

Our chars were only around level 20 (17, 22, don't remember) plus one being level 51, but had - she said so more or less - "a horribly wrong build" (in other words actually, but in this sense).

It was HUGE Fun ! Even the wipes finally felt like a real challenge !

In one run, however, after wiping at the first difficult corner in Hammerstation, one of our players suddenly noticed that her char was "naked". No modifications, nothing, Only the mere "clothing shell" (my words).

She then went to the Fleet and did what she had to do.

For everyone looking out for a challenge, I can only recommend doing FPs around the 20 level range !

The most funny thing, I think, however, was that we got level 60+ drops in that FP.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

MotherCrusher's Avatar


MotherCrusher
03.19.2018 , 06:40 AM | #9420
Kaon under siege master mode, our "healer" was a commando, but he was struggling to keep us alive, so i ask him about it since he shouldnt have that much trouble, and his reponse was "I'm DPS but i can heal"
Legacy of the rakata, our lvl 70 sage healer wasnt using half of his healing abilities (he was healer spec tho) constantly claiming he doesnt have those
http://www.swtor.com/r/yh6KMd <- click for 7 days of free sub and other goodies!