Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused about Collections and Pack Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Confused about Collections and Pack Items

KonichiwaWitch
07.29.2014 , 01:46 PM | #1
Hi all!

I was hoping someone could please explain a few things about Cartel Packs and the Collection?

1. Is it correct that you need an entire set in order to add to your collection and unlock it for your legacy characters for additional cc?

2. Is there a way to tell what items are part of a set or stand-alone? (And the other parts of the set?)

3. Is there a way to tell if an item is "rare" vs "super-rare"?

4. If an item isn't part of set, can I give it to a friend, and then will they have the ability to pay cc to unlock for their legacy from their collection?

I'm asking because I just bought my first two packs. In one pack, I received an orange hat that looks like a toothpick, and what I do with it depends on if it is in a set.

In the other, I received a level 10 crystal that adds +41ish power, and what I do with this depends on if this is something I can duplicate in my collection. (I only saw level 30+ crystals in the store. Maybe I'm bad at searching, or maybe this is a one-off item?)

Apologies if these are dumb questions. I appreciate any help. : )

Bstr
07.29.2014 , 02:05 PM | #2
  1. For some armor, yes, you need the whole set to be bound to one character. For others, only certain parts need to be bound for a partial set.
  2. Check out the collections page: it will tell you what needs to be bound in order to unlock that set or partial set.
  3. The Cartel Coin icon on the item will indicate its rarity from Bronze to Gold.
  4. If the item is not bound to you, you can do this. You can also do this with entire armor sets.

The Rascal's Toothpick is not part of a set and is unlocked individually. Same with the level 10 crystal: that is an individual item that can be unlocked individually in collections. You can get multiple copies that are bound to you from Collections if you use these items. Look under the pack that you got the crystal and toothpick from and you should find the items.
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Bosha: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: BG Merc. Bophia: Fury Maur. Borbend: Med. Op. Bo'ya: Dark. Sin
<Reformation> Ebon Hawk Server

Kaos_KidSWTOR
07.29.2014 , 02:19 PM | #3
In more easy to understand terms

Collections allows you to unlock with Cartel Coins certain items from the Cartel Market so you can use them on other characters. You MUST have all of the pieces of a set if you want to unlock them in the cartel market (Armor) If the armor does not have a set (examples, Rascal's Toothpick, Eradicator's Mask etc.) you will only need that piece. Color Crystals are all level 10 and found in packs (Exception is the level 30 Orange crystals) and come with 41+ of either Power (Hawkeye), Critical Rating (Evicerating), Endurance (Indestructable), or Expertiece (War Hero). Weapons are also unlockable in collections.

Kulyok
07.30.2014 , 01:16 AM | #4
You got really lucky with your packs - a crystal is a good drop, and that toothpick hat should cost some good credits on GTN, if you'd like to sell it.

Overall, though, items from packs are more often "bad random", rather than "good random". That means: you could have sold the unopened pack on GTN for 300k, but you open it, and inside are things that only cost ~80k. Which is why sometimes it's wiser to sell the packs unopened and buy stuff you want from GTN.

Okay, on to collections menu, the one that opens via collections button from your inventory.

- First of all, to unlock stuff, you have to have at least two characters. The first character equips the crystal or an armor set, then the second character logs in, finds that armor suit or crystal in collections, clicks on the icon, pays the cartel coins. And, yes, I definitely recommend unlocking that power crystal in your collections - power crystals are usually the best and most expensive. You'll find it under "color crystals" section.

- Second, if you want to buy/unlock a set of armor, or a single armor item(mask or a toothpick), it's best first to go to your collections menu, find the item there, click to see more info, and you'll see
1) the full list of items in that armor set(so you'll know which items to buy to unlock it);
2) you'll see if it's RARE or SUPER RARE or even ULTRA RARE(which means it costs an awful lot of money on GTN).
(that's also the way to find out whether an item is a stand-alone or a part of the set. And, yes, it's a long and an annoying process to browse 20 pages of armor suits. We all have to deal with it.)

You obviously can give everything you wish to your friends, be it a part of the set or not. There's only one restriction: if you've worn the item, it's bound to you, and you can't give a bound item to anyone, only sell it.

Also, searching on GTN: cartel pack crystals are usually for level 10 only(it's best to search by level). Power crystals have the word "hawkeye" in them.

And these are all good questions, so enjoy your collections menu and have fun! Remember, even if you create a new character on another server, ALL collection unlocks will be available to that character!
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Jedi_riches
07.30.2014 , 02:40 AM | #5
Answers below in red.

Quote: Originally Posted by KonichiwaWitch View Post
Hi all!

I was hoping someone could please explain a few things about Cartel Packs and the Collection?

1. Is it correct that you need an entire set in order to add to your collection and unlock it for your legacy characters for additional cc?

Yes you do need the entire set on a single character and you need to wear the whole set to add it to collections.

2. Is there a way to tell what items are part of a set or stand-alone? (And the other parts of the set?)

If you open your inventory at the bottom there is a button called collections, click that and it will bring up a window itemising by armour, weapons, colour crystals or in order of packs, look through and find the set you want click on it and you can preview what items are part of the set.

Or if you are not in game you can preview many of the items from the packs at http://dulfy.net/2013/02/04/swtor-ca...t-pack-list/#1

3. Is there a way to tell if an item is "rare" vs "super-rare"?

I think that these are usually denoted by the colour boarder around the item picture blue tends to be "rare" with purple being "super-rare"

4. If an item isn't part of set, can I give it to a friend, and then will they have the ability to pay cc to unlock for their legacy from their collection?

As long as the item in question is not bound to you i.e. you have never equipped it yourself or if it is within the 1st 36 hours of you obtaining the item from the pack (there is a bound timer to begin with of 36 hours but after that time it does become unbound and yo can do with it as you like sell it, give it to a freind/alt)

I'm asking because I just bought my first two packs. In one pack, I received an orange hat that looks like a toothpick, and what I do with it depends on if it is in a set.

In the other, I received a level 10 crystal that adds +41ish power, and what I do with this depends on if this is something I can duplicate in my collection. (I only saw level 30+ crystals in the store. Maybe I'm bad at searching, or maybe this is a one-off item?)

Once a +41 power crystal is used you can pay cc to unlock the item and replicate it as many times as you desire (but all copies are bound to you so you and only you can use the copies).
Also in the packs there are varying colours of crystals and they come with different +41 stats (Power, Endurance, Expertise and crit)

For all available crystal colours check out the link from point 2 above.

Apologies if these are dumb questions. I appreciate any help. : )

Halinalle
07.30.2014 , 06:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
Color Crystals are all level 10 and found in packs (Exception is the level 30 Orange crystals)
Not all. At least Advanced White Hawkeye is level 50.

KonichiwaWitch
07.30.2014 , 02:48 PM | #7
Thank you all SO MUCH! I haven't played this game in 2+ years, and finding some aspects overwhelming, so I really appreciate your help. I'm playing a newbie to relearn, but I have some old characters I'd like to replay too.

I bought the two packs just so I could get a whole set of orange armor. I'm pleasantly surprised I got good extra stuff! I'm going to unlock the crystal, keep one set of armor for myself, give the other set to my friend, and maybe sell the toothpick.

Then I will go back to playing the game instead of the cartel market!

Happy playing to you all.