Game Breaking GF Ops bug

7 of us queued for a random GF. We were matched with one player to form the group. Since there were 7 of us in the original group we were clearly queued for an operation. The ready check to form the group showed 8 players.

After 4 of us accepted the queue the GF put us in a 4 man operation group. The other 4 were still seeing the ready check until it timed out.

So GF failed, but it gets better.

We tried to form up again to walk into an operation. All of us had the lockout for abandoning the GF group. I could not invite any of them as it kept saying all were offline.

• I was eventually able to invite one of them.
  • Second player could not see their guild tab, could not access their guild storage. I could see them in guild and they came up in a search via player name but was informed they were offline when I tried to invite them. This persisted even after 3 logouts and logging back in. They swapped characters so we could do the ops. After the operation they were finally able to see their guild.
  • A third player experienced the same issues, could not see guild and when I tired to invite them it said they were offline and after a couple logout/login it said they were in a group, which they were not as we were whispering each other most of this time. When I searched for this player by name it showed the very same character in the game twice. I did attempt an invite using both names.

As noted in a different thread a similar encounter occurred with the FP part of the GF. But all I experienced then was the GF failing to actually form the group, it was just me, and I had to wait for the LO to wear off.

Both issues occurred during the past week.

This has not happened a second time.

First, for anyone who is effected by this. To correct not being able to access the guild bank or see your guild roster log out, into an alt, then back into the character.

If BW is interested in more information or has questions they can ask me any time. I figured some things out with today's occurrence.

• 1 month later...

Had another related issue. Queued up for a random as a solo/. Got a pop, accepted it and a moment later I was not in a group, chat showed I kicked a player and said I quit the group giving me a penalty lockout.

Not only would it be a challenge to both accidently kick someone and quit the group it is not possible to do both in the same second.

I have reported multiple issues with the GF and what is probably worse than those issues is Bioware has not shown any interest in them even though the frequency of these issues is pretty high. I even sent Eric a PM a couple weeks ago.