Voss Heroic 4 - Cyber Mercenaries

By far the worst Heroic. Painfully long, No good rewards. Watch out for the final boss when you get to him 3 hours later. He does this aoe explosion around himself that will kill your group in 3 hits. Will need a ranged tank to stop him from using his aoe. Better to just not do it period.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

This quest is absolutely ridiculous. Myself and some friends ran through this, took an hour and a half before we got to the final boss. We're level 53, 147-rating gear, and are getting stomped by that AOE attack that is seemingly unavoidable.

Update: We gave up after we passed 2 hours and 30 minutes in that instance and had wiped four times. Looked all over the internet for some kind of guide, could not find it, not even sure if that boss is possible at the "proper" level. We started noticing that the AOE attack wasn't our biggest problem: He throws some kind of sticky grenade that sent whoever got stuck about 15 feet in the air and took around 40-50% of their total HP.

Edited by Sprigget

Agreed. Even soloing it at 60 is just a pain. How many dang champions do I have to kill? Dang! And then there's a another boss after that?!? Oof. I remember doing this at-level with a PUG group and that final boss just punished us. Can't remember how many times we wiped, but it was a lot. I think the only way we got through it was when one of the group members had an over-leveled guildie come and help us out.

And yeah, doing it at 60 for the Rep points is just tedious. Imp side has nothing comparable to this. And yeah, it may be a fossil, but people are still going for rep points and the only way to get anywhere with that is to do the Heroics and Weekly. And as soon as you cap your Rep points, I don't think anyone bothers any more. The money and comms you get versus the time it takes... you're better off just running the Yavin 4 dailies again, even if you've already done the weekly.

For those doing it at level 60, just run through and click on everything you need to and don't bother fighting any of the mobs. Sure, you'll get a huge train of mobs attacking you, but at 60 they won't do much damage to you and you may even be able to click on everything in one go.

Run out to lose the mobs, run back in, kill the mini-boss and the big boss, then go turn in your mission. It used to take me about 10 minutes to do it this way solo on a Gunslinger at level 55, and if I did happen to die once or twice it was absolutely worth it to not have to spend all that time killing everything.

For those doing it at level 60, just run through and click on everything you need to and don't bother fighting any of the mobs. Sure, you'll get a huge train of mobs attacking you, but at 60 they won't do much damage to you and you may even be able to click on everything in one go.

Run out to lose the mobs, run back in, kill the mini-boss and the big boss, then go turn in your mission. It used to take me about 10 minutes to do it this way solo on a Gunslinger at level 55, and if I did happen to die once or twice it was absolutely worth it to not have to spend all that time killing everything.

^This. I used to solo this at 55 all the time. Go kill the elites. Leave the tanks for last, clicking them and running on the way out; there is no need to fight the champs in the tanks. It's a waste of time. Exit the instance and then go back in. Kill more elites or go around them to get to the final boss.

If you mean with "balanced = make an equally difficult mission for the imp side, too", then I've got to disappoint you : That new "Choose your path" trailer is in fact an "Be a Sith" trailer, becuse nothing but Sith force-users are portraiyed thgere ... Which means that Bioware is still so much Empire-focused like it has always been ... Oh yes, I still remember how much jumping was required to get thodse Coruscant Datachroins compared to thoise Dromund Kaas Datachrons which were just lying around there, easy for grabbing ... The Empire faction always got the easier way ...

• 3 weeks later...
Agreed. Even soloing it at 60 is just a pain. How many dang champions do I have to kill? Dang! And then there's a another boss after that?!? Oof. I remember doing this at-level with a PUG group and that final boss just punished us. Can't remember how many times we wiped, but it was a lot. I think the only way we got through it was when one of the group members had an over-leveled guildie come and help us out.

And yeah, doing it at 60 for the Rep points is just tedious. Imp side has nothing comparable to this. And yeah, it may be a fossil, but people are still going for rep points and the only way to get anywhere with that is to do the Heroics and Weekly. And as soon as you cap your Rep points, I don't think anyone bothers any more. The money and comms you get versus the time it takes... you're better off just running the Yavin 4 dailies again, even if you've already done the weekly.

You're kidding right? Level 60 a pain for this cyber mercenary heroic? I'm capped at level 55 as a commando and I can solo this heroic. Heck, I actually have fun with this heroic whenever I want to get the custom assault cannon reward because of it's fully customized barrel and other mod parts as well as the sound effect that it has. Players that find PVE heroics like these as tedious really need a break from this game, as well as other entertainment purposes for one to two weeks. That way you can get your pleasure for videogames back again as a new man, that is if you know what that means and how to obtain it.

:cool:

• 8 months later...

Well the initial issue has been solved with this heroic (via nerf to H2+) but now there's a new issue.

I have not been able to complete the bonus series "Cyber Takeover" because there are no longer enough Gormak Tech Masters in the instance (requires 30 kills, there are only 22). Looks like the heroic instance was nerfed to make it a 2+ instead of a 4+, but the bonus requirement was not updated (reduced) accordingly.

I submitted a ticket but, since it's not a class mission, it was disregarded and closed.

Now that Heroic missions are mainstream, I really hope this gets updated since the bonus series are so profitable. Plus, it's hard to do this heroic without killing most or all of the enemies anyway (unless you're stealth).

Well the initial issue has been solved with this heroic (via nerf to H2+) but now there's a new issue.

I have not been able to complete the bonus series "Cyber Takeover" because there are no longer enough Gormak Tech Masters in the instance (requires 30 kills, there are only 22). Looks like the heroic instance was nerfed to make it a 2+ instead of a 4+, but the bonus requirement was not updated (reduced) accordingly.

I submitted a ticket but, since it's not a class mission, it was disregarded and closed.

Now that Heroic missions are mainstream, I really hope this gets updated since the bonus series are so profitable. Plus, it's hard to do this heroic without killing most or all of the enemies anyway (unless you're stealth).

The ONLY WAYS to do the bonus, which isn't worth it, is to join a GF group mid progress of the heroic in phase and either finish it/zone out. Found that out the hard way :mad:

That or walk out of phase and let someone else get in to change the story instance.

FIX THE BONUS!!!

Anyone who runs this particular heroic is either a) trying to get the Galactic Hero title or b) a masochist.

It was always a bit of an outlier difficulty / time wise as an H4, but given how stupid easy and fast most heroics are post 4.0, it should be near the top of most players NFW (no ******* way) list along with some of the Makeb heroics.

Edited by DawnAskham

Anyone who runs this particular heroic is either a) trying to get the Galactic Hero title or b) a masochist.

Or maximizing conquest points for a given week (when it includes Voss heroics). Or accumulating Voss reputation. It's not nearly as difficult as it used to be, and more fun than the average heroic (imo).

If a player is doing it for any of those reasons, they might as well maximize the time by getting the bonus credits. Plus, the layout of the heroic makes it difficult to skip mobs anyway (for non-stealth classes), so it would be nice to have this fixed by reducing the bonus requirement.

By far the worst Heroic. Painfully long, No good rewards. Watch out for the final boss when you get to him 3 hours later. He does this aoe explosion around himself that will kill your group in 3 hits. Will need a ranged tank to stop him from using his aoe. Better to just not do it period.

Another challenge to go have fun with.

Thanks op.

time to slay dragons.

What server are you on?