For the love of god.... why, Bioware???

Why can't we just form a group and walk into the new FP in HM??? Finished up a raid tonight, broke our raid group up into 2 4 man's and figured, sure, new fp, why not give it a go...... After having it red x'd in group finder for anyone that hadn't done it already in solo mode, and then trying to just walk in, we all left in frustration. Anyone who hadn't done it in solo first apparently couldn't do it in HM?!?!?!? Why on earth would you not allow someone to just group for a HM regardless? That should at the very least be a choice....... Does this also mean we HAVE to do it in SM on all our alts as well??? Yet another half baked and ridiculous bug..... When are you guy's going to learn???? And after a postponed release........ Any chance you guy's are hiring for beta testing?? Something tells me our raid group would do a better job of it than whoever is running it at the moment.......

you dont need to do solo mode 1st, i patched yesterday logged in then joined gf que for the MM fp without any problem at all, i havnt even done iokath on that toon. The only requirement is you have to have a min gear rating of 242

you dont need to do solo mode 1st, i patched yesterday logged in then joined gf que for the MM fp without any problem at all, i havnt even done iokath on that toon. The only requirement is you have to have a min gear rating of 242

Either you lying, or you forgot that you did the story quest first.

After completing all modes on my Mara i switched to my Commando who's gear rating according to the game is 248 - yet both Tactical and HM had a red cross in GF, which vanished only after I did the quest.

Edited by Gelious

Like Zoist said, you don't need to do Solo mode 1st to queue for Umbara. I ran it earlier on Veteran mode and got a level 30'ish PUG in the group; finished it no problem. Also ran it a 3rd time with a full premade group where 1 member had not even started the Iokath quest line yet and we were able to queue up and get in no problem either; finishing the run is another matter ... ran out of time before OP's.

One thing I will add though is that you only need an overall gear score of 242 if you are looking to solo queue for MM Umbara; otherwise, a full premade group can queue up for MM Umbara regardless of gear score.

If you couldn't queue up for the new MM FP something else was clearly going on. You said you had just finished an OP's run and broke the group into 2 4 man's; did you try resetting phases / completely breaking up the OP's group and reforming?

The issue is possibly that you or someone in your group had one of the other difficulties in your quest log, probably even just the automatic quest for story advancement? That would prevent taking on the MM difficulty "quest" you get when entering the instance. This has been a common issue for a long time for people that default get a solo/story version, then try to queue for vet mode. I would guess that those that didn't have a problem never did Iokath.

Agree this is something that should have been apparent in player testing, had that occurred.

Edited by bdatt

Apparently you can't do any other modes when the story quest is in your log,

http://imgur.com/a/qjrK9

But if you don't have that quest because you haven't reach that point in story, you can do any mode.

So you were right. Still, what a weird design.

That is a weird design, but in my group I think only one person had the quest and they were able to phase in with 2 others into 1 phase, 1 person couldn't travel to area (with GF and all geared in tier 3/4). We tried disbanding, resetting everything, regrouping and walking in but then again 3 people went into 1 phase and a different person ended up in a different phase (I guess at least we all made it into something?) And just to be safe, I was group leader since I had done solo and vet modes earlier but that doesn't seem to make a difference (nor should it).

The issue is possibly that you or someone in your group had one of the other difficulties in your quest log, probably even just the automatic quest for story advancement? That would prevent taking on the MM difficulty "quest" you get when entering the instance. This has been a common issue for a long time for people that default get a solo/story version, then try to queue for vet mode. I would guess that those that didn't have a problem never did Iokath.

Agree this is something that should have been apparent in player testing, had that occurred.

So if you never did Iokath story line you can sucessfully queue for MM but if you did do Iokath but still haven't done the solo version of Umbara you can't queue for MM ? Failed design or failed testing... :rolleyes:

Can you drop the solo version or is considered main story / class quest and "have" to do it ?

The point is.... regardless of where you are in the storyline, regardless of who you are grouped with, there is no reason you shouldn't just be able to queue for the MM version of the FP and have no issues..... It's just yet another bug from our good friends at Bioware...... Guaranteed, one to come with every f'n patch.