Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My theory on the Eternal Empire.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
My theory on the Eternal Empire.

fidothegran
06.19.2015 , 01:32 PM | #21
The Rishi Maze is sort of like space Roswell, lots of weird force stuff and evidence of extragalactic civilizations (which will be explored in the Revenant trilogy, which, by the way, I was sort of wrong about. What I thought was the first game's story is actually that of KotFE.

ReiKai
06.19.2015 , 02:11 PM | #22
As I said before, the Rishi Maze may have nothing to do with Valklorian at all. It's all merely speculation, but it's fun to speculate. As to the idea that he and his sons were having their aging subdued for centuries, that doesn't appear to fit with the central plot, and it's rather clear that his offspring are twins. Whether or not they were clones based on his genetic material is quite irrelevant. Though I do feel that any number of people have looked at them and went "Why do we have two Starkillers in this?" Because, yes, they both resemble Starkiller from TFU. And they did kind of hold their sabers in that reverse grip a bit in some scenes.

Concerns about the immortality bit, because of the aging I get more the feeling that Valkorian is just swapping bodies whenever he needs to. Perhaps the idea is that, each time, he has two sons and whichever one proves the most successful, is the one he acknowledges and that'll be whose body he takes next. If this line of thought is made to be true, it would mean that Valkorian has been raising offspring specifically to take their bodies and maintain his power within his own bloodline. Which would also reduce the possibility of Rejection.

Also, I don't feel that they are all that powerful. As I said before, the Republic and Empire were already in dire straights and their resources and power had been diminished severely by continuous war and conflict with not just each other, but other factions that kept appearing. The Vakuul Empire under Valkorian is just the last straw that finally broke them and forced them to abandon the war, their goals and even beliefs, for the sake of self-preservation. Which inevitably leads to the carbon-freezing of the PC's, to ensure their place in the galaxy once the Republic and Empire has enough strength to actually make a stand against Valkorian and his empire.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Anysao
06.19.2015 , 07:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by fidothegran View Post
The Rishi Maze is sort of like space Roswell, lots of weird force stuff and evidence of extragalactic civilizations (which will be explored in the Revenant trilogy, which, by the way, I was sort of wrong about. What I thought was the first game's story is actually that of KotFE.
No, no, Fido.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

JourrnoRush
06.19.2015 , 10:23 PM | #24
My theories in all of this:

1. Location of Zakuul: Rishi Maze OR Unknown Regions

2. "Immortal" Emperor: Valkorion has some tie to Vitiate. Unless BW makes these two completely different stories, there has to be a connection. AND/OR his sons (son now) are clones hence making him immortal in a sense.

3. The calls from Rishi for the SI does make sense about extending life and how this new emperor is immortal. Perhaps this signal or the sending of a fleet entices the Zakuul forces to invade our galaxy (if located in Rishi Maze).

I will say, if they could "update" planets to reflect what is going on in the galaxy that would be great.
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

JediTev
06.20.2015 , 03:10 AM | #25
Here's what I think. Does everyone remember the the EU after Return of the Jedi and it went into the Yuuzahn Vong? I think that's what this Empire of Zakuul is going to be for the SWTOR. If anyone remembers at the end of that story line it was revealed that they were striped of their Force powers and banished from the Galaxy. Here you go, these guys come from outside the galaxy (I like the Rishi Maze ideas but it takes A LOT of ships and materiel and even more manpower to occupy a galaxy and do to the Republic AND Sith Empire to over run and actually hold what's taken, THAT'S A LOT!!! Think about it for a moment. Think about WWII what the Germans held and the Japanese held and now translate that to a galactic scale). At the end of all this, the Zakuul Empire will have committed attrocities and once the Jedi and Sith overpowers them, they agree to strip their Force powers and banish them. I know that EU has been scrubbed but that COULD be brought back into. Just my two cents.

Darka
06.21.2015 , 02:56 AM | #26
Could they use this as a chance to tie in with the newly created canon?

EG they destroy korriban, korriban is now named Moraban or whatever its called after occupation of the new Empire?
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
THE UNCIVILLISED SWOOP CLUB
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram @Uncivillised on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Miyran
06.21.2015 , 08:49 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
My theories in all of this:

1. Location of Zakuul: Rishi Maze OR Unknown Regions

2. "Immortal" Emperor: Valkorion has some tie to Vitiate. Unless BW makes these two completely different stories, there has to be a connection. AND/OR his sons (son now) are clones hence making him immortal in a sense.

3. The calls from Rishi for the SI does make sense about extending life and how this new emperor is immortal. Perhaps this signal or the sending of a fleet entices the Zakuul forces to invade our galaxy (if located in Rishi Maze).

I will say, if they could "update" planets to reflect what is going on in the galaxy that would be great.
Most likely they will create some sort of phase function.

Anysao
06.21.2015 , 03:33 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Miyran View Post
Most likely they will create some sort of phase function.
It was confirmed somewhere that old planets will be visit-able. Which worries me, actually... I was hoping it would be like Ziost. After you start KotFE, old planets would appear different for you, but with a shared chat system. You'd essentially be in a new area.
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTev View Post
Here's what I think. Does everyone remember the the EU after Return of the Jedi and it went into the Yuuzahn Vong? I think that's what this Empire of Zakuul is going to be for the SWTOR. If anyone remembers at the end of that story line it was revealed that they were striped of their Force powers and banished from the Galaxy. Here you go, these guys come from outside the galaxy (I like the Rishi Maze ideas but it takes A LOT of ships and materiel and even more manpower to occupy a galaxy and do to the Republic AND Sith Empire to over run and actually hold what's taken, THAT'S A LOT!!! Think about it for a moment. Think about WWII what the Germans held and the Japanese held and now translate that to a galactic scale). At the end of all this, the Zakuul Empire will have committed attrocities and once the Jedi and Sith overpowers them, they agree to strip their Force powers and banish them. I know that EU has been scrubbed but that COULD be brought back into. Just my two cents.
Unfortunately, this could not ever work. I have a three-point explanation as to why not:

A: The Yuuzhan Vong were confirmed to be aliens (and very strange looking ones, like that). They were taller, had sharper bone features, and had little hair. Imagine Sith Purebloods, but grey.

B: The Yuuzhan Vong had a religion based around the hatred of technology. In lieu of using starships and blasters, they used completely organic "worldships" and snake-like spears.

C: This point actually ties in to my Rishi Maze theory. The Yuuzhan Vong had an unique form of interstellar transportation, using living singularities known as "Dovin Basals." The creatures would essentially create a small black hole to absorb blaster fire and defy gravity. When used on a worldship, it could essentially "pull" the worldship toward a desired location. However, the Yuuzhan Vong didn't actually know where they were going when they invaded the Far, Far Away galaxy, so they were forced to move at sublight speeds. They needed a specific point to lock onto to move at hyperspace-equivalent speeds. Now if we're assuming that the distance between the Yuuzhan Vong galaxy and the Far, Far Away galaxy is equal to the size of an average spiral galaxy (like the Milky Way), it would take the Yuuzhan Vong fleet 100,000 years to travel between the galaxies, at light speed.

So what does this have to do with the Eternal Empire? Well, part of my theory is that when the Inquisitor signaled "the civilization" in the Rishi Maze from Rishi, (s)he may have sent hyperspace coordinates to Zakuul. Or, maybe the Eternal Empire captured (SPOILER ALERT) Darth Vovrwawn while he was fleeing the Emperor's Hand, or the Hutt Pleasure Barge escaping the Galactic War, to learn of the existence of the Zareca String, which would bring them to the Galaxy Far, Far Away...
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

JattaGin
06.21.2015 , 03:55 PM | #29
I don't want to set my expectations too high, but if your SI story theory becomes truth, I will be super thrilled. And if the smuggler story on Rishi also has something to do with it, I will probably collapse of joy.

Anysao
06.23.2015 , 07:23 PM | #30
So some select audiences got an early play of Knights of the Fallen Empire...

Is my theory still alive?

Edit:Scratch that: it's been confirmed that Knights of the Fallen Empire was hinted at during Shadow of Revan. If you play KotFE, then SoR, you'd definitely see the references.

Sounds like the Rishi Maze theory is more alive than ever.