Oh crap, I think I know where this Eternal Empire came from.

Anysao

Spoilers for the Inquisitor on Rishi.

On Rishi, every class gets one class-specific mission. The Inquisitor's was pretty interesting, and I'm just now remembering what happened during it.

You are sent to speak to a Sith named Lord Veijel on Rishi. He asks you to help him with his research on the Rishi Maze Dwarf Galaxy. You help him by activating a few radio stations scattered around the jungle, and every time you activate one, the Inquisitor is informed that his or her life span is increased slightly...

After this is all over, Lord Veijel mission explains that he believes that there is some secret in the Rishi Maze that will lead to your immortality. You then have the light side/dark side choice of sending your fleet out to go find whatever extended your life...

And that's where I believe the Eternal Empire is hiding.

Edited by Anysao

Spoilers for the Inquisitor on Rishi.

On Rishi, every class gets one class-specific mission. The Inquisitor's was pretty interesting, and I'm just now remembering what happened during it.

A Sith on Rishi asks to speak with you to help him with his research on the Rishi Maze Dwarf Galaxy. You help him by activating a few radio stations scattered around the jungle, and every time you activate one, the Inquisitor is informed that his or her life span is increased slightly...

After this is all over, the Sith who gave you the mission explains that he believes that there is some secret in the Rishi Maze that will lead to your immortality. You then have the light side/dark side choice of sending your fleet out to go find whatever extended your life...

And that's where I believe the Eternal Empire is hiding.

Wouldn't doubt it a bit. Would explain why they used Rishi in the story.