Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Prelude to Revan problem

iaSkippy
04.15.2018 , 12:42 PM | #1
I am leveling up a new toon and I just recently started the Prelude to Revan series of missions. However I am unable to access the flashpoints in story mode. I have repeatedly cleared the missions, restarted the missions, reset the "phase" on my portrait, made sure it was set to story and absolutely no help.

The mission itself only gives the flashpoint as veteran. (After meeting and talking to Shan and the republic commando) Clearing the mission and just clicking the droid still only gives veteran or master options.

I even sent in a ticket to Customer service on the 11th of April and still have not had a single response to the ticket.

Any ideas from any y'all for as possible work around to trigger the story form of the mission? (Or to get Customer service to actually give service??)
The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes -
Stonewall Council

SteveTheCynic
04.15.2018 , 03:00 PM | #2
Are you at least leve 55? Previously you could start Prelude at level 53, and immediately dive into the FPs in Story. For no apparent reason, somewhere along the way they changed it so you can still start Prelude at level 53, but you must be level 55 to access the FPs in Story.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

iaSkippy
04.15.2018 , 03:08 PM | #3
Nope, not 55 yet....that would explain it I suppose....

Ok, off to grind out to 55 and see if that solves it.

Thanks very much for the information!!!!
The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes -
Stonewall Council

BloodSanction
04.18.2018 , 11:43 AM | #4
maybe a little off topic but i also had simalar problem with the assault on tython fp. i get to the fight with master denteri or whatever his name is. i will get him down to almost zero health and then the fight starts back over with him at full health not sure if its the knockback thats kicking me out of the fight boundries or if its a bug

SteveTheCynic
04.19.2018 , 01:23 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BloodSanction View Post
maybe a little off topic but i also had simalar problem with the assault on tython fp. i get to the fight with master denteri or whatever his name is. i will get him down to almost zero health and then the fight starts back over with him at full health not sure if its the knockback thats kicking me out of the fight boundries or if its a bug
It's the knockback. If you or your companion or the godbot get knocked out of the arena (which has no walls...), the fight will reset.
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

ObsidianBones
04.19.2018 , 04:59 PM | #6
Had that problem too. I found that if you can avoid the Combat Droids whenever they begin whatever the hell their throw attack is then you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Setokai
04.20.2018 , 01:42 PM | #7
One tactic i found that worked for the solo mode when i had that happen to me was lead the GSI droid to the doorway and then attack the boss keeping the fight contained there
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

andytvster
04.27.2018 , 12:55 AM | #8
any update on this skippy? i just ran into this same issue and i'm going to be upset if its something that ridiculous why i am unable continue with the story. If they have a system that raises or lowers your level to meet the standards of any place in the game why would they then restrict you from playing there because your toon isn't that level? especially since the experience scales as well.ran into the same issue with makeb you now have to be level 50 in order to start makeb. O.o

edit:
Found out that you DO need to be level 55 in order to do the SM which makes me a little unhappy on why they would change that it makes no sense. *facepalm. I'm one of those players that only does storyline missions to level and without xp boost events its impossible to always get to the required level now by certain missions. I see now point in grinding thru missions that are always the same no matter which toon you are on. At least each story is unique to the class.
"Did someone say something about credits?"

SteveTheCynic
04.27.2018 , 03:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by andytvster View Post
edit:
Found out that you DO need to be level 55 in order to do the SM which makes me a little unhappy on why they would change that it makes no sense.
I expect you did find that out. I said it up there in my first post on THIS thread. And that there was no apparent reason for the change either.
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!