Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.4 changes and Elite War hero Weapons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
1.4 changes and Elite War hero Weapons

Dracokyaku
09.10.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1
As I'm sure you've noticed by now, Gunslingers/Smugglers received a few minor changes as part of 1.4.

Unfortunately not everyone has the time to download PTS (or perhaps missed an earlier opportunity to have a character copied across) as such I thought you might like to see some of the new Elite War Hero weapons and the new Wounding shots animation for Dirty fighting specced Gunslingers.

If you'd like images or videos of any of the other changes that went in with 1.4 or just have a question, feel free to ask.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

Synavix
09.10.2012 , 07:20 PM | #2
Ick, now both the Sniper and Slinger have terrible animations on Wounding Shots, at least in my opinion. I liked how it was.

Appreciate the post though!

SatsuAra
09.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
Thank you for posting a video of the new Wounding Shots animation, I was looking everywhere to find one. I am so bummed that they changed this......

Wounding Shots WAS the best animation in all of TOR.

The new one is nothing special : /
Enden I Roul I Emeritus
Smuggler

BKSN

Dracokyaku
09.11.2012 , 05:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SatsuAra View Post
Wounding Shots WAS the best animation in all of TOR.

The new one is nothing special : /
I must admit, I was a little disappointed when I first observed it on PTS, although after a few Warzones it has grown on me somewhat - reminds me of the Smuggler scene in the Return trailer, something that was never really represented in-game.

Lightning_
09.12.2012 , 05:22 AM | #5
I also loved the old WS animation, it was awesome.

But the main problem is, I think now we'll be much easier to spot as this new animation generates so much flashes and noise. Not like the big target icon is not enough of a warning...

SatsuAra
09.13.2012 , 09:00 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Dracokyaku View Post
I must admit, I was a little disappointed when I first observed it on PTS, although after a few Warzones it has grown on me somewhat - reminds me of the Smuggler scene in the Return trailer, something that was never really represented in-game.
The old animation sounded and looked like three powerful snaps and shots, this new one look kinda like speed shot....
Enden I Roul I Emeritus
Smuggler

BKSN

Dracokyaku
09.14.2012 , 06:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SatsuAra View Post
The old animation sounded and looked like three powerful snaps and shots, this new one look kinda like speed shot....
Yes, it's a little close to Speed shot, as I mentioned though - it does grow on you over time.