Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 Dirty Fighters, 1 Mob

Ejou
07.16.2012 , 03:05 PM | #1
Although I don't get to often raid with a fellow Dirty Fighter, I am curious as to whether someone can answer the following:
I did some testing with a fellow DF spec slinger and found that we can both have our DoTs up at same time and WS was indeed only affected by our own respective DoTs.
What is confusing me however is Hemo blast.
Person A can apply Hemo, person B can apply DoTs and those DoTs will use the 10 "ticks" from Hemo. Ok, cool.
If both people apply Hemo though, each DoT tick consumes a tick from BOTH the Hemo debuffs (
Does anyone know whether this DoT tick will be receiving a double Hemo boost?
I.e base damage +30% +30%

Or will 1 Hemo boost be applied and the second consumed with no effect?
I.e base damage +30% only.
Appreciate any insight you can offer or light you can shed.

Thanks.
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse

Narcith
07.16.2012 , 08:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ejou View Post
Although I don't get to often raid with a fellow Dirty Fighter, I am curious as to whether someone can answer the following:
I did some testing with a fellow DF spec slinger and found that we can both have our DoTs up at same time and WS was indeed only affected by our own respective DoTs.
What is confusing me however is Hemo blast.
Person A can apply Hemo, person B can apply DoTs and those DoTs will use the 10 "ticks" from Hemo. Ok, cool.
If both people apply Hemo though, each DoT tick consumes a tick from BOTH the Hemo debuffs (

Appreciate any insight you can offer or light you can shed.

Thanks.
I've noticed this also and have submitted a few bug reports on the Hemo Blast ability and the way it behaves when you have two Dirty Fighting Gunslingers on the same target.

What you are seeing is basically what is happening. Hemo Blast from both slingers seems to stack to 20 chargers but they get consumed very quickly by both Gunslinger's Shrap Bomb/Vital shot ticks.

In addition the damage bonus stacks for the duration that the Hemo Blast charges are active on the target giving a 30% +30% bonus to all Dot ticks including Wounding shots.

The first player to start channelling Wounding Shots if they are quick gets fairly big boost in damage, the other may get 1 tick worth of bonus and then normal damage. Sometimes the Hemo charges are consumed so quickly that neither gets even 1 tick of bonus damage out of it. It sucks imo..

I suspect that any smugglers applying Vital Shot or Shrap Bomb to the target at the same time as Hemo Blast is applied are consuming charges of Hemo Blast as well, regardless of if they are Dirty Fighting spec'd or not.

Personally I think the effects from Hemo blast should be completely independent of each other and only affect the users damage and nobody else's.

I bet this happens for Lethality Snipers as well.

The first time I bug reported this was well over a month ago and haven't seen or heard anything other than it has been passed onto the Dev's for investigation..

Boy I hope this isn't "Working as intended"

chaosme
07.16.2012 , 09:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ejou View Post

From what I have read from the Lethality/Dirty Fighting Compedium on the MMO-Mechanics site, the charges from both stacks are consumed simultaneously and damage is boosted twice, i.e. +30% +30%. If you are running with two DF slingers that have a big disparity between their gear, letting the slinger with better gear and hence better base damage consume the Hemo stacks of the other slinger will result in greater overall dps for the group as a whole. Naturally, the slinger who's Hemo stacks are being consumed by the other will see lower dps numbers for him/herself.