Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Ravagers & Temple progression thread

cirruz
05.18.2015 , 05:07 AM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Dark_Mithrandir View Post
Rofl. U know Technicians started to raid "cereal" at MARCH changing at least 1 member pretty much every week and taking 2 weeks of holidays due to losing 1 main tank that went on travel. Im 100% sure most guilds had roster problems thats no news.

IMO any good team at the start of 3.0 WILLING TO SPEND GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME with revan fight would have kill it before nerf.

Just think of dilih for example. Im 100% sure they would have kill it by december if they had same attitude that they got in the past about raiding and progression. The quality of the players is there but revan is a fight u need to practice and master a lot (full team no changes) and that takes basically time lots of time and effort.

All in all, a kill is a kill and good for Dxun. Its just that now famous sentence "bring the player, not the class" that is in my opinion ******. Incredibly ******

Me for example i could have done it with scoundrel why not, oh wait i would be gimping my team because i was taking care of stuff like blades and the mando burst healing/hold the line gave us less options to have random wipes due to some spikes. Why i should take scoundrel if mando can do a better job?

Bring the player AND the class!

PD: And people is right, just close this thread, "progression" ended after nerf and mh. The same way it ended in DF/DP NiM after removal of buffs. All kills after that are very nice, but cant be considered in this thread.
mhm..

spadgerJack
05.18.2015 , 05:27 AM | #472
May I just say this for now on the matter of PVE rage - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's some funny *** **** What are you going to do? Compare parses? 1v1 irl m8?

MuzluPasta
05.18.2015 , 05:37 AM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by spadgerjack View Post
may i just say this for now on the matter of pve rage - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's some funny *** **** what are you going to do? Compare parses? 1v1 irl m8? :d
u wut m8 ?
BiS Referral link -> http://www.swtor.com/r/blMqt8
Pre 4.0 Warstalker
One has fallen, two shall rise. All behold the force-sensitive penguin!

mastirkal
05.18.2015 , 05:37 AM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by spadgerJack View Post
May I just say this for now on the matter of PVE rage - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, that's some funny *** **** What are you going to do? Compare parses? 1v1 irl m8?
You're pretty amazing.
Poopvectus

JulianWilming
05.18.2015 , 06:00 AM | #475
Quote:
Bring the player AND the class!
Thats exactly the point. A good player does everything for his raid. Even if this means he must switch classes (or roles).
We hab also roster problems. Going into Revan progression with only 8 man, because one of our healer decided that RL is more important for him. This was a huge problem but we even managed to replace him. So as we started with Revan I went from mando dps to mando heal. I literally never played heal before and i only got a 20 min advise from our other main healer, but the best part is i wiped and killed Revan with 100 % ACCURACY GEAR (it was my DD gear because we didnt wanted to waste time in Ravagers) and no one cares because IT WAS NOT NECESSARY to pose with that.

PS: Its true that we spent round about 150 hours at Revan and we are proud about it. Not because it took us so long, but we cleared it without the guide from zorz (their guide wasn´t available as we were wiping and trying out stuff on plattform 3) and we cleared it as a team showing that all what BW brings up we can beat as a team. Btw grats to Dxun.
Commando - Grizzlybärchen
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - Deposer of the Dread Masters

cirruz
05.18.2015 , 06:41 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by JulianWilming View Post
Thats exactly the point. A good player does everything for his raid. Even if this means he must switch classes (or roles).
We hab also roster problems. Going into Revan progression with only 8 man, because one of our healer decided that RL is more important for him. This was a huge problem but we even managed to replace him. So as we started with Revan I went from mando dps to mando heal. I literally never played heal before and i only got a 20 min advise from our other main healer, but the best part is i wiped and killed Revan with 100 % ACCURACY GEAR (it was my DD gear because we didnt wanted to waste time in Ravagers) and no one cares because IT WAS NOT NECESSARY to pose with that.

PS: Its true that we spent round about 150 hours at Revan and we are proud about it. Not because it took us so long, but we cleared it without the guide from zorz (their guide wasn´t available as we were wiping and trying out stuff on plattform 3) and we cleared it as a team showing that all what BW brings up we can beat as a team. Btw grats to Dxun.
It's never really necessary, dilih did the same back when they got world first tfb nim dread guards, had a dps doing heals with accuracy gear, along with a tad other unoptimized classes.
I don't think the point of "bring the players not the class" was to suggest that you should abstain from bringing effective classes, it's quite seldom i think there's a group with a completely disadvantageous setup for a particular fight, ppl either respec or a few switch classes, but to stack them because it makes everything easier is kind of something else. But yeah fair enough you want to do it the fastest way possible, you want to be faster than everybody else, fine there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not necessary either.

Dark_Mithrandir
05.18.2015 , 07:24 AM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by cirruz View Post
It's never really necessary, dilih did the same back when they got world first tfb nim dread guards, had a dps doing heals with accuracy gear, along with a tad other unoptimized classes.
I don't think the point of "bring the players not the class" was to suggest that you should abstain from bringing effective classes, it's quite seldom i think there's a group with a completely disadvantageous setup for a particular fight, ppl either respec or a few switch classes, but to stack them because it makes everything easier is kind of something else. But yeah fair enough you want to do it the fastest way possible, you want to be faster than everybody else, fine there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not necessary either.
No, in this case we are talking about killing it before the nerf.
All kills after nerf dont have the right to say "not necessary either" because for them is well, a lie.

Btw im not saying that awesome, trained and experencied teams couldnt do it without class stacking prenerf.

TheRealNerevar
05.18.2015 , 07:32 AM | #478
What was the purpose of this thread again ?
Nérévâr - Almalexia - Cyanùre - Bùddha - Mùsco
SWTOR's Handyman, playing any role, any class
<Phantoms>

holmeskywalkr
05.18.2015 , 07:43 AM | #479
Milas bored waiting for mlg quickscoper m8s

akisgood
05.18.2015 , 07:59 AM | #480
Almost every guild has 'roster problems'. Wake up nooblet ...
P.S. I downed the last boss of EC Nightmare yesterday on a sorc dps
Spoon @ (Pot5) Harb/Shadowlands
<Provectus>