[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be your server and time of the day you are looking for a group. Late last night I was trying to get a group with the seed on Ilum and had no luck at all. Came back this morning and got a 3 dps + me group which cleared it ok.

Then I went to Nar Shadda and it took about half an hour, including asking 3-4 times in general to get a 2xhealer + 2xdps group which made it through both Dark Design and the Shroud's Last Stand.

Looking for a tank for those though... now that's difficult because there is just none to be found (I'm sure once my tank reaches those heroic there will be no healers around then). But sentinels can fill in for tanks in a pinch.

this is exactly why guilds exist in game. Join one, guildies can help. Pugs are utterly useless to depend on in this game. 95% of the population is mentally handicapped.

I don't think such quests should be guild only. And even my guild didn't help me before the final boss.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Making the mission repeatable (the final part, not the chain) with lucrative daily or weekly award seems a good idea to me. This way players who did not catch the initial wave of people finishing the chain will still have excellent chances of finding groups. Even for a guild, it can get tiresome to have people repeatedly help with no personal material gain, no matter what values your guild holds. Edited by Darth_Haderach

There is a reason the daily Heroic 4 on belsavis was turned into a 2 man..

This quest should also be turned into a 2 man as well.. Or allow it to be done with companions.. That is what they are for isn't it??

I have spent 5 days attempting to get a group.. I have found 3 groups.. In all of them the healer leaves at the last boss or after 1 or 2 attempts on the last boss..

It is totally ridiculous how hard it is to get a group for this quest.. Bioware picks strange places to put a heroic 4.. After a LONG single player chain is not a good place.. The chain was awesome until I got to the heroics..

Seriously Bioware.. What were you thinking??

I was actually pretty disappointed at the end of both these questlines, macrobinculars and the seeker droids.

Hours solo , which although I admit probably isnt for everyone, I enjoyed , then as you get to the end of the stories you suddenly have to stop and wait around for ever for a group.

I havent even been able to attempt the final quests yet , never found a group , so I just moved on to my next character doing the makeb stuff, given what I know now, I'll probably not even start the two quest lines again, given I already know it will be difficult to finish it.

I enjoy group content, but in its correct place. The final part of a solo story , and a very long one that lots wont bother with, isnt it.

[...]

I havent even been able to attempt the final quests yet , never found a group , so I just moved on to my next character doing the makeb stuff, given what I know now, I'll probably not even start the two quest lines again, given I already know it will be difficult to finish it.

[...]

While I can understand your frustration about not finding a group and the necessity for H4-Missions after a long solo-questline, I would strongly recommend you not to give up on it so quickly.

Those heroic quests are sure somewhat harder than normal heroics and involve quite some thinking, but they are by far the most awesome quests I did in a long long time.

The puzzles and boss mechanics are really great and make you actually tax you brain, and the story behind it is also compelling.

Plus, the loot is great. You get, among other things, one of two special bound-to-legacy chest armors from the end of the seeker-droid-storyline (number one or number two), depending on a light-or-dark decision during a conversation.

... and the jump-challenge involved during the macrobinocular-H4 was so entertaining. We kept falling of from the speeder quite a lot, but I laughed the whole time because I found it so much fun.

Edited by Tito_O

People really need to look at this from different point of view. Sure putting H4 at the end of solo chain is unorthodox, maybe even unfair. But that's life, deal with it or walk away. Life isn't fair either. These quests push the game experience to the next level IMO and it would be shame to trivialize them in any way. And when u actually do it, u have good feeling about that hard work u put into it and the unique reward or a title u get has some value compared to others.

While I can understand your frustration about not finding a group and the necessity for H4-Missions after a long solo-questline, I would strongly recommend you not to give up on it so quickly.

Those heroic quests are sure somewhat harder than normal heroics and involve quite some thinking, but they are by far the most awesome quests I did in a long long time.

The puzzles and boss mechanics are really great and make you actually tax you brain, and the story behind it is also compelling.

Plus, the loot is great. You get, among other things, one of two special bound-to-legacy chest armors from the end of the seeker-droid-storyline (number one or number two), depending on a light-or-dark decision during a conversation.

... and the jump-challenge involved during the macrobinocular-H4 was so entertaining. We kept falling of from the speeder quite a lot, but I laughed the whole time because I found it so much fun.

The reward of the Shroud chain sucks, and

All you have killed is just a body double.

People really need to look at this from different point of view. Sure putting H4 at the end of solo chain is unorthodox, maybe even unfair. But that's life, deal with it or walk away. Life isn't fair either. These quests push the game experience to the next level IMO and it would be shame to trivialize them in any way. And when u actually do it, u have good feeling about that hard work u put into it and the unique reward or a title u get has some value compared to others.

This is an MMO.. Not life.. Can you understand the difference?? It is nice to know you haven't done the quests.. Let us know when you have and then you might understand our frustration.. :rolleyes:

And you need 4 people for sure to trigger those consoles.

Its possible to do with three, if you get creative and have someone thin enough to fit between laser gates. However, it is still incredibly frustrating that Bioware keeps trying to force full groups for content like this instead of letting the players' skill decide how many they actually need.

Its possible to do with three, if you get creative and have someone thin enough to fit between laser gates. However, it is still incredibly frustrating that Bioware keeps trying to force full groups for content like this instead of letting the players' skill decide how many they actually need.

Do the laser gates disengage after you trigger the elevator?

Still, you also appear to need 4 on the next section. One one for the security lockdown channel. Two for the power terminal channels. And one to actually trigger the bridge. Or am I totally off-base here?

I'm sorry but I hope they don't change em. You can help people who are on the quest even if you aren't (helped several guildmates who needed it when I had finished (and even before I started). They are fun quests and its nice to have some challenge. I'm in a small guild and I don't have any problems getting help, I suggest you get in a social guild.

Oh and OP: The forum isn't "dead" if nobody replies to a whining post in 1 hour...

There is a reason the daily Heroic 4 on belsavis was turned into a 2 man..

This quest should also be turned into a 2 man as well.. Or allow it to be done with companions.. That is what they are for isn't it??

I have spent 5 days attempting to get a group.. I have found 3 groups.. In all of them the healer leaves at the last boss or after 1 or 2 attempts on the last boss..

It is totally ridiculous how hard it is to get a group for this quest.. Bioware picks strange places to put a heroic 4.. After a LONG single player chain is not a good place.. The chain was awesome until I got to the heroics..

Seriously Bioware.. What were you thinking??

I don't even think they changed the difficulty of the Belsavis Heroic 4, didn't people just find it easy and complain about it being called a 4 man?

I'm sorry but I hope they don't change em. You can help people who are on the quest even if you aren't (helped several guildmates who needed it when I had finished (and even before I started). They are fun quests and its nice to have some challenge. I'm in a small guild and I don't have any problems getting help, I suggest you get in a social guild.

Oh and OP: The forum isn't "dead" if nobody replies to a whining post in 1 hour...

Most of the people don't help others, it took many of us a lot of time to find a group.

This heroic four was easy. If anything, they should BUFF it not nerf it. I helped some of my guildies do it. Our group was composed of three healers(because I was too lazy to respec DPS/switch characters) and one poorly geared DPS, yet we still took him down in one shot. I think some people who call for nerfs just aren't willing to put ANY effort into learning how to play this game.

I understand that people get frustrated if they seemly can't find a group for it. The thing is, there are multiple options that someone can utilize in order to find a group; guilds, fleet general chat or just simply making friends that can help. Some people seem to forget that SWTOR is an MMO, not a solo player only game.

Edited by Radzkie

This heroic four was easy. If anything, they should BUFF it not nerf it. I helped some of my guildies do it. Our group was composed of three healers(because I was too lazy to respec DPS/switch characters) and one poorly geared DPS, yet we still took him down in one shot. I think some people who call for nerfs just aren't willing to put ANY effort into learning how to play this game.

I understand that people get frustrated if they seemly can't find a group for it. The thing is, there are multiple options that someone can utilize in order to find a group; guilds, fleet general chat or just simply making friends that can help. Some people seem to forget that SWTOR is an MMO, not a solo player only game.

What I understand, here, is saying, the OP is not complaining, per se, about having to group. It's that there's more coordination with any HM FP and there's no group finder to help you queue for it. It'd be nice if they added this one and the seeker one to the LFG for those people.

I don't even think they changed the difficulty of the Belsavis Heroic 4, didn't people just find it easy and complain about it being called a 4 man?

You would be incorrect.. The heroics were in fact nerfed to allow 2 people to do them.. People complained for the same reasons people complain about his..

It really sucks trying to find a group.. Not everyone is in a guild full of people at their beck and call to run anything they need..

Bioware really should nerf this.. Or provide the people to run the groups with.. Since companions can't be used.. :p

Nothing should be "nerfed" in a game because you can't be patient and use your brain.

But I agree on a point :

This chain quest is poorly designed. Did developers think about the fact that finding 55 on lvl 20-40 planets won't be that easy ? Most of them come with guildies.

Spamming at the fleet is annoying for everyone.

Second what's the point with these ****** rewards ? A 12 hours chain quest for 3 junk items and a few comms ? And a ****** title ?

Please.

Do the laser gates disengage after you trigger the elevator?

Still, you also appear to need 4 on the next section. One one for the security lockdown channel. Two for the power terminal channels. And one to actually trigger the bridge. Or am I totally off-base here?

Yeah, triggering the elevator turns off all the gates. As for the next room, its even easier with 3. The security lockdown matters only for the power terminals. The power terminal channels are 60 seconds, so have one person unlock them, one person per terminal, then the first runs back and activates the bridge.

Nothing should be "nerfed" in a game because you can't be patient and use your brain.

But I agree on a point :

This chain quest is poorly designed. Did developers think about the fact that finding 55 on lvl 20-40 planets won't be that easy ? Most of them come with guildies.

Spamming at the fleet is annoying for everyone.

Second what's the point with these ****** rewards ? A 12 hours chain quest for 3 junk items and a few comms ? And a ****** title ?

Please.

Take out the need to locate the seeds for the Seeker quest and the comm towers for the bino quest and everything else was fun. The little puzzles. The 2 main instance places for the seeds. All of the instances for the binos. That was fun and really well put together.

I think it's a poor design choice to make two ultra-solo storylines end with "must-group content". By all means make H4s, but make them standalone or make storylines that are actually all H4s or something. This mix and match just causes grief.