Bye Again....

christian_bmx

5 years ago I left swtor because I was bored. The "new" equal stories for all classes were pathetic and meaningless. Unbalanced PVP and classes that can not play HM operations because they have poor dps for more than 248 ratings they have on.

I decided after that time to try again to play swtor searching for good new stories y and enjoy the operations and the server merge.

I find the same crap, with fewer active players, with the same boring content, with the same imbalance in PVP, with MORE bugs and with the same old bugs. And the new story ... what to say. It's still horrible. I have many companions that i lost the count. Its the only that developers are doing. Give you more companions, mounts and thats all

I remember when I played the class history of the imperial agent. How funny was.. The same with the Warrior ... Good times. A different story for every class.

But they decided to save money and make the best game a garbage.

GG for EA and for Bioware. My only wish for this Christmas is that both companies end up in broken banking.

Why cant people run away quietly? *brood* ;)

It's just like suiciders who talk about ending their life...a cry for help / attention. The real deal just jumps off a bridge. Noone cares about threads like this anymore. You are leaving? Uuuuuhuuuhuuuu...the game is dead now that you are gone!!! :eek::rolleyes:

I would ask you for your stuff but I'd be afraid you would do it like bioware and make me run chores that just are not that fun and then only give me a random chance at something interesting weighted to make sure most of what you gave me was garbage.

So, have a good one is about all I can muster. Most understand why you are leaving.

Most understand why you are leaving.

QFT ^

Good luck! We might get lucky in the next year or so concerning a few new MMOs that are supposed to come out.

My advice is to try to keep in mind your pleasant past memories of swtor and move on from this train wreck as you would a failing relationship. :D

Dear OP,

All of us (I think I can say comfortably) would prefer content to be released faster.

But doesn't it sorta make sense, since you've been subscribed for the past couple years, to give 5.10 a shot, which introduces a completely new storyline? I mean, it's only 8 days away. Granted, it won't be new individual class storylines, but that was never in the cards for even the last two years.

/shrug

Dasty

SWTOR will be at the bottom of the ocean 5 years from now lmao

In which case, outside of WoW, it will arguably have been one of the most successful MMORPG runs ever.

The genre itself is dying. Learn to ride and hopefully enjoy the wave until it crests.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

In which case, outside of WoW, it will arguably have been one of the most successful MMORPG runs ever.

The genre itself is dying. Learn to ride and hopefully enjoy the wave until it crests.

Dasty

I do not think MMORPG genre is dying, there will be always people wanting to play mmo games, because disasters like -so called AAA games- Call of Duty,Battlefield and retarded battle royale games are temporary, they will be played for like 2-3 years and then will be forgetten and/or their playerbase will be off eventually.

MMORPG games are the only video games keeps the players busy in long term and thats what PC gamers want.

I'm personally playing this genre since early 2000s and honestly I'm not planning to quit anytime soon.

Op, i've played myself on and off thru all these years, started playing when RotHC launched. This is to say, i somehow understand where you're coming from.

Quite a lot of time ago, i played pvp, but it tilted me so much. Had a few bad experiences in operations and decided to never touch it again. But still, the game has a lot to offer story wise.

I used to (years ago) spacebar thru conversations. Now i enjoy every cutscene till the very end. I started playing again about 3 months ago after a year long break, and i'm enjoying it a lot. Replaying some classes (Sorc, Operative) from scratch, and playing others i've never seen (Consular, Trooper, Smuggler).

I've never stopped and truly looked around until now. It was amazing to actually look at the glittering towers in Nar Shaddaa, endless deserts of Tatooine, or other swamps, forests and outposts. NPCs and side missions with full voice acting are awesome, all while i cross paths with other players in remote, lost areas of different planets, and i wonder '"where is that person going? What is he/she pursuing? What interesting mission is he embarked on?"

So, this works for me. I'm having a lot of fun, i play 100% solo, and still i feel like i'm sorrounded by other players all the time, and it's a nice feeling. I roleplay just a bit, headcannon some stuff, and fully enjoy each class, planetary and side mission. And i couldnt be more excited for the upcoming xpac.

My point is, maybe you should reassess your approach to the game, and try to enjoy it in a different way, try to make the most out of what the game offers, which is amazing stories in a star wars universe. At oeast that's what i do, and i also relax (no tilts, no salt, no griefers or quitters and whatnot) and it definitely works for me.

Op, i've played myself on and off thru all these years, started playing when RotHC launched. This is to say, i somehow understand where you're coming from.

Quite a lot of time ago, i played pvp, but it tilted me so much. Had a few bad experiences in operations and decided to never touch it again. But still, the game has a lot to offer story wise.

I used to (years ago) spacebar thru conversations. Now i enjoy every cutscene till the very end. I started playing again about 3 months ago after a year long break, and i'm enjoying it a lot. Replaying some classes (Sorc, Operative) from scratch, and playing others i've never seen (Consular, Trooper, Smuggler).

I've never stopped and truly looked around until now. It was amazing to actually look at the glittering towers in Nar Shaddaa, endless deserts of Tatooine, or other swamps, forests and outposts. NPCs and side missions with full voice acting are awesome, all while i cross paths with other players in remote, lost areas of different planets, and i wonder '"where is that person going? What is he/she pursuing? What interesting mission is he embarked on?"

So, this works for me. I'm having a lot of fun, i play 100% solo, and still i feel like i'm sorrounded by other players all the time, and it's a nice feeling. I roleplay just a bit, headcannon some stuff, and fully enjoy each class, planetary and side mission. And i couldnt be more excited for the upcoming xpac.

My point is, maybe you should reassess your approach to the game, and try to enjoy it in a different way, try to make the most out of what the game offers, which is amazing stories in a star wars universe. At oeast that's what i do, and i also relax (no tilts, no salt, no griefers or quitters and whatnot) and it definitely works for me.

Great comment & great advice.

I think the issue is not the aesthetics or the quality of work on the game regarding the ambiance particularly the early chapters with the original companions as all of this is truly top-notch imo.

The problem is the actual gameplay.

From the lack of quality content for PVE and the lack of balance regarding classes in PVP with enough changes to keep it fresh, well, to be blunt the game fails. We can blame lack of funds or whatever but it doesn't change the fact the gameplay is compromised more and more as the years pass.

Older MMOs have proven they can make a game fun with it's gameplay regardless how old it is, so the age of this MMO is not the problem, it's the studio choosing where to put their dev work. When they use their resources to completely renovate gearing systems, conquest systems, and take more time fine tuning and perfecting the cartel market above all else naturally the game is going to suffer.

I have written before I could see this game lasting a long time catering to people who simply want a really fun environment for RPing or just a Star Wars universe to hang out in with their pals, because hands down I agree the game is very charming in that regard. As for gameplay though, pfft. Everquest has better gameplay and class diversity and it's literally almost 20 years old. No one is coming to SWTOR for it's boring and awful PVE, and the same goes for PVP.

I've never stopped and truly looked around until now. It was amazing to actually look at the glittering towers in Nar Shaddaa, endless deserts of Tatooine, or other swamps, forests and outposts. NPCs and side missions with full voice acting are awesome.

I just wanted to quote this because I too often found the real beauty of the game quite mesmerizing. I used to enjoy sitting alone in my SH on NS, just hearing all the sounds going on while I crafted or chatted with people in the game!

The issue for me is ambiance and aesthetics can only take me so far, I played the game for PVP first above all else so when gearing changes became the new focal point of the devs (again?!) I called it quits. I refuse to "wait and see" how it is going to work out.

I am done giving this studio chances while being a loyal paying sub for 6+ years, only to be disappointed and pissed off with the changes they inflict on the game then being held hostage hoping they 'roll back' or 'tweak' improvements months after they drop a disaster patch on the game.

It's fine, people need to take breaks anyway so I view BW and this game as doing me a favor by turning me off with an ill-conceived game design that is to focus on gear grinds and punishing alts.

The OP is best to leave now before the new gear grind is added, anyway. Only adds more salt to the wounds for someone that is already unhappy with how the game plays.