Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE] The Mercenary / Commando Healing Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
[PvE] The Mercenary / Commando Healing Guide

Osxoba
09.09.2014 , 08:48 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambeezy View Post
Simple math does not apply to an entire boss fight. There's multiple factors that go into optimization of gear which can't be given a set variable. The first is your other healer/s who support you. The second is the moves which are used to heal a specific way for that situation. The third is the overall length of the fight or rather the amount of time you are actively healing. I have messed with my crit so much in the past month while we progressed through NiM council. I tried over 500 crit rating and I tried 330 crit rating. I tried a dozen different crit levels between the 2 as well. What I finally realized was that me thinking my crit was affecting my heals was actually just some self fulfilling prophecy. It was me who made my heals go up by not overhealing and by using the best heal for that time. When we killed council I had exactly 402 crit rating with half alacrity gear and half surge gear. I don't know if this helps but I just figured a first hand account of a merc bodyguard trying to optimize gear during nim council progression would be beneficial. Thank you
You are right, it is not simply about the amount of crit rating you have. It is more about the mechanics of each fight. Yes having optimal healing output over the long run is important, and so is having big spike heals. In the end it comes down to certain fights needing more spike healing and some just needing more overall sustained healing.

As a follow up, were you decked out in almost all 186 gear by the time you guys defeated NM council?

Rambeezy
09.09.2014 , 11:22 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Osxoba View Post
You are right, it is not simply about the amount of crit rating you have. It is more about the mechanics of each fight. Yes having optimal healing output over the long run is important, and so is having big spike heals. In the end it comes down to certain fights needing more spike healing and some just needing more overall sustained healing.

As a follow up, were you decked out in almost all 186 gear by the time you guys defeated NM council?
Yeah petty much. 1 relic, 5 mods 1 enhancement and mh barrel is all I was missing.

Edit: Here's my amr.

NeNiMel
10.06.2014 , 03:10 PM | #73
I have rewritten parts of the guide so it fits commandoes aswell Since we now share forum I thought it might be a good idea to put it all into the guide, instead of only having an apendix.

I know we are gonna have a lot of changes soon (with 3.0 on the way), but I had already started the changes, so just finished up what I had begun! Hope you can use it out there

As always just send me some feedback if there is something wrong or you need me or others to elaborate on!

- Atmea
A T M E A || < R A G N A R O K >
T H E . R E D . E C I L P S E

TomKy
11.24.2014 , 05:26 PM | #74
I am very grateful to the author of this guide, and I hope that it will continue to he 3.0
Rinoya - mercenary, healer
Fitg - commando, healer

NeNiMel
11.25.2014 , 12:54 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by TomKy View Post
I am very grateful to the author of this guide, and I hope that it will continue to he 3.0
I am sure we can work something out!

There are coming a lot of changes to mercenary and commando healing, so we all probably have to try out the changes before we can comment on them...

wintics
12.01.2014 , 04:53 AM | #76
hey guys.

im back after 8 monthes and would be question if i should change my commando heal gear......

In past the stats well, but now? I wear 162-168 gear with all MK9 in violett.

Unbuffed Stats:

Critical = 20%
Speed = 8%
Aim is bigger then power and power bigger then surge....

Right? If has someone a table with actually hard/softcap of the surge/power points?

BIG Thx.

Wintics
Mitglied der Republikanische Gilde "Renovatio" (Server: T3-M4)

Ingame Nick: Djunen

benovide
12.02.2014 , 12:19 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by wintics View Post
hey guys.

im back after 8 monthes and would be question if i should change my commando heal gear......

In past the stats well, but now? I wear 162-168 gear with all MK9 in violett.

Unbuffed Stats:

Critical = 20%
Speed = 8%
Aim is bigger then power and power bigger then surge....

Right? If has someone a table with actually hard/softcap of the surge/power points?

BIG Thx.

Wintics
I see nothing wrong with that. You got a good set.

NeNiMel
12.09.2014 , 01:06 PM | #78
I have started updating the guide to reflect all the changes in 3.0. There is a lot of work ahead with gathering experience with the new rotation and all that.

A lot of things will probably get changed along the way while getting more experience or because I have made some initial mistakes

As always let me know what you think

cs_zoltan
12.09.2014 , 05:52 PM | #79
  1. Since the forums have been merged you could add an ability translation section for Commando healers.
  2. Why don't you request a sticky?
  3. Why do you waste Utility point on Gyroscopic Alignment Jets? You rarely get controlled in raids and even if you do 10 heat is nothing. Custom Enviro Suit, Protective Field or even Boresights seem like a better choice.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here.

The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja, Kejann, Aemis, Kyr, Kyra'h, Kssa, Frngit, Lama, KalkMaelin, Morwy

NeNiMel
12.27.2014 , 12:24 PM | #80
I have uploadet the last of the guide. There is still some missing parts in especially the gearing section since a lot of the new gear have not been added to either torhead or ask mr robot.
Now I just need to make the translation for commandoes.

Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
  1. Since the forums have been merged you could add an ability translation section for Commando healers.
  2. Why don't you request a sticky?
  3. Why do you waste Utility point on Gyroscopic Alignment Jets? You rarely get controlled in raids and even if you do 10 heat is nothing. Custom Enviro Suit, Protective Field or even Boresights seem like a better choice.
1. planning on it :P
2. Mostly because I dont know how to do it!
3. True. Have changed the utility trees now.