Purple recipes for crafting

Jharma

I realize I'm probably missing something obvious, but where do I learn purple recipes for crafting skills? For instance, if I wanted to learn the MK-8 Augmentation Kit, how do I do that? By just crafting the MK-7's? I cannot reverse engineer them, so how do I get them?

Is there a guide somewhere that explains all this?

As regards the Augmentation Kit. They can be crafted by:

Armormech

Armstech

Synthweaving

The schematic can be learned at the trainer.

As far as resources go, torcommunity has a database of every crafting schematic in the game. It not presented very well for someone who isn't already familiar with the system -- you can get overloaded by a bit too much data.

But if you have some other specific questions right off the bat, the forum users here can certainly help answer them.

I learned all the schematics today, but it stopped at Mk7 augmentation kits. This is a fresh 60, and I don't get why there were no purples

Augmentation Kits don't come in a purple variety -- the kits are the things that add an empty slot for augments in gear that you have.

Are you referring to Augments? For those, you have to craft the blue version and then reverse engineer it to learn the purple.

As regards the Augmentation Kit. They can be crafted by:

Armormech

Armstech

Synthweaving

The schematic can be learned at the trainer.

As far as resources go, torcommunity has a database of every crafting schematic in the game. It not presented very well for someone who isn't already familiar with the system -- you can get overloaded by a bit too much data.

But if you have some other specific questions right off the bat, the forum users here can certainly help answer them.

My fresh 60 is a commando. She has armormech and it's level 500. I have spent over 400 K credits learning every single schematic from the trainer. He has nothing left to train me. And not one purple.

If you want purples you have to first make the blues from the trainer and reverse engineer the blues. When you do that you have a chance to learn the purple versions of that blue item.

Aug Kits are only blue. There is no purple version for Aug Kits.

IF you want purple augments then you have to reverse engineer a blue augment to get the purple augment.

you reverse engineer an item by having it in your inventory, then pressing a reverse engineer button in the upper right hand part if your inventory page and then click on the blue item that you want to learn the purple from.

good luck you will have purples in no time

I realize I'm probably missing something obvious, but where do I learn purple recipes for crafting skills? For instance, if I wanted to learn the MK-8 Augmentation Kit, how do I do that? By just crafting the MK-7's? I cannot reverse engineer them, so how do I get them?

Is there a guide somewhere that explains all this?

You probably already know the schematic for the MK-8 Kits, it's just sorted differently than the others. Look through your list of Augment schematics, it should be in there, but at the beginning of the list instead of with the other kits where you would expect it to be. Or sort Alphabetically and it will be with the other kits.

Augmentation Kits don't come in a purple variety -- the kits are the things that add an empty slot for augments in gear that you have.

Are you referring to Augments? For those, you have to craft the blue version and then reverse engineer it to learn the purple.

Ok, fair enough, the augmentation kits do not come in purple variety. However, I do not have the schematic for Augmentation kits MK-8. I cannot learn it from my trainer. I cannot reverse engineer the mk-7's. Where do I find that schematic? I am talking about the kits, not the augments themselves. I am looking for the kits that lets you add a slot, I have the crafting skill to make them, I have learned all the recipes from the trainer, but there was no mk-8. That is what I am asking about.

Ok, fair enough, the augmentation kits do not come in purple variety. However, I do not have the schematic for Augmentation kits MK-8. I cannot learn it from my trainer. I cannot reverse engineer the mk-7's. Where do I find that schematic?

Ah, I get it. That sounds like a bug to me, I'd suggest opening a ticket.

They should be learnable at the trainer, so far as I know.

Ah, I get it. That sounds like a bug to me, I'd suggest opening a ticket.

They should be learnable at the trainer, so far as I know.

Yup, thank you. Looks like I'll have to open a ticket to find out what I need to do to fix. May be bugged. :-)

Yup, thank you. Looks like I'll have to open a ticket to find out what I need to do to fix. May be bugged. :-)

the mk-8 aug kit should be in the augment section. sort by level and it should be very close to the top, right under the top level augments. as others have said, blue is the only level for aug kits, no purple.

On both my synthweaver and my armormech the schematic for the Augment Kits seems to shuffle around. As others have said it's not in the same category as before. They're in the Augments section. But for some reason they don't like to cluster together in the list. Eg: Sometimes my MK-8 will be sitting next to MK-7, but sometimes he's buggered off and is hanging out with the Shield Augment 36, even after I've chosen a sorting filter. *shrug!*

But yeah, def submit a ticket in case it's pooched somehow.