Is Valkorion Really Gone

SolarSaenz

I'm skeptical as to whether or not Valkorion/Vitiate/Tenebrae is truly actually dead and gone for good.

Yes, Lana, Satele and the spirit of Marr confirm that he's really dead or gone or whatever.

The game went through an elaborate ( and in my opinion, a really over the top) cut scene (which doesn't turn me off really or ruin the experience for me. It's sci fi/fantasty, so some over the top stuff is permissible. But, I digress) illustrating Valkorion's/Vitiate's/Tenebrae's final death/defeat.

From a lore perspective, I find it hard to believe that a being that has cheated death for hundreds of years and has (or should have) a vast knowlege of the Force hadn't found a way to protect himself in some way from his one weakness. And, he's no stranger to having his vessels die, so couldn't he have been inhabiting another vessel during the events of kotfe and kotet? Also, what about his true physical body? During kotet, he does say something to the effect that Valkorion the man was another vessel. So, what happen to Vitiate's physical body? Did it get destroyed during the events of SoR? I thought (and please remember that my memory isn't perfect), doesn't Servant One after the Sith Warrior's Ch 3 class story say something like "the JK killed the Voice, and the Emperor's essence returned to his true body, which we are watching over." So, again, what happened to the emperor's true body? Did they explain this while I wasn't paying attention?

To me not enough adds up lorewise to be certain the sith emperor is truly dead and gone for good.

However, from a story telling perspective, I think it would be really bad and lame to to come back in 6.0, 7.0 or whenever and be like "Nah, he's really not gone. We were just joking." Especially how at the end pretty much all the force users confirm that Valkorion/Vitiate/Tenebrae is no more.

The way they seem to have played out the story, he pretty much put all his eggs in one basket this time. Although I'm not sure what caused it, his powers had been diminished as he lied about being able to exist elsewhere in chapter 12. I think after losing Yavin 4 his original body was destroyed, and he was overall just counting on taking over your body and you going down easily. It was the whole "lulz my mind my rules" that he didn't see coming which finally ended him, he just bet too heavy in one outcome.

I think that is how it has gone for Tenebrae. He has just gone from body to body inhabiting different ones. The REAL Valkorion he basically killed, and took his body in the story he says that Valkorion was a powerful warrior that he hollowed out, every so often he uses the ritual to devour a world to sustain him a bit longer. The "Voices of the Emperor" were just people who gladly went to their deaths to give their bodies to Tenebrae to live in. I would imagine, its easier to take over somebody who lets him do it than somebody who resists it.

Like Delta says the loss of his real original body probably curtailed him somewhat, also all the "Children of the Emperor" were hunted down and killed or able to resist him. So he had nowhere to go, the proximity of you at his death, probably allowed him to grab a very tenuous link to you. Which he was trying to grow stronger and stronger. He wanted you to be stronger so that when he used his epic insta kill powers his nice shiny new body doesn't die.

He wanted you to be stronger so that when he used his epic insta kill powers his nice shiny new body doesn't die.

Man, had he succeeded, his life would have been VERY different with my Body Type 1, bleach blonde, pink & white wearing, pink lightsaber having, Barbie Doll looking Jedi Knight :D:D:D

I always thought it would be interesting if the final quest to kill Valkorion once and for all was to dig up the remains of his original body and perform some kind of ritual to return his spirit to it, making him mortal so that you can finally and truly kill him.

I always thought it would be interesting if the final quest to kill Valkorion once and for all was to dig up the remains of his original body and perform some kind of ritual to return his spirit to it, making him mortal so that you can finally and truly kill him.

Hmm, I know I've seen this in fantasy before, but I can't remember where.

Yeah, the idea of shrinking his presence in the Force until he's trapped in just his original body was how I figured they'd do it. Remember Palpatine in Dark Empire II?

They destroyed his clones, the planet Byss (he'd corrupted it), and then a Jedi grabbed a hole of his spirit as they died so that they dragged him with them into the Force, allowing the entire dead Jedi Order to trap him.

I thought the same would happen to Valk, instead it was just me, Vaylin, Arcann and Senya.

Satele and Marr should have been there at the last minute too..

And my apprentice: Jaesa or Ashara/Xalek.

If our force sensitive companions showed up at the last second, it would have been great.

Hmm, I know I've seen this in fantasy before, but I can't remember where.

Yeah, the idea of shrinking his presence in the Force until he's trapped in just his original body was how I figured they'd do it. Remember Palpatine in Dark Empire II?

They destroyed his clones, the planet Byss (he'd corrupted it), and then a Jedi grabbed a hole of his spirit as they died so that they dragged him with them into the Force, allowing the entire dead Jedi Order to trap him.

I thought the same would happen to Valk, instead it was just me, Vaylin, Arcann and Senya.

Satele and Marr should have been there at the last minute too..

And my apprentice: Jaesa or Ashara/Xalek.

If our force sensitive companions showed up at the last second, it would have been great.

Actually, seeing as the entire battle takes place in your character's mind, why couldn't anyone conjure up their spouses just for that battle. It would make sense that, in those moments, they'd be thinking about them and possibly remembering how they used to fight together. They would only need a few generic lines and, seeing as it's in your mind, they can't tell you where they really are because your character wouldn't know where they are. It wouldn't spoil the story and it would make everyone who has been shafted (in regards to returning love interests) happy.

As your character says to Valkorion: "My mind, my rules."

Edited by AngFour

Man, had he succeeded, his life would have been VERY different with my Body Type 1, bleach blonde, pink & white wearing, pink lightsaber having, Barbie Doll looking Jedi Knight :D:D:D

He wouldn't care. He'd rock that Barbie doll looking Jedi-body and be the most fabulous evil immortal Empress the galaxy has ever seen :D. That or he'd just die the hair black, ditch the pink lightsaber and make use of heavy goth-makeup befitting of a evil overlord.

Edited by fovzwk

He wouldn't care. He'd rock that Barbie doll looking Jedi-body and be the most fabulous evil immortal Empress the galaxy has ever seen :D. That or he'd just die the hair black, ditch the pink lightsaber and make use of heavy goth-makeup befitting of a evil overlord.

Why not both? He's got all eternity to play around with both looks. Don't want to get bored :D:D

After 1300 years I'm sure he's taken over a "wide variety" of hosts at one point or another. :D:D

Actually, Tenebrae is 1481 years old when he dies in Chapter IX.

Which makes him possibly the oldest Sith ever.

It depends on if you count Marka Ragno's, Exar Kun's and Andeddu's short lived resurrections as "life."

I think Exar Kun technically is the oldest Sith, since Ragnos was in a void and Andeddu was in a holocron. Kun was haunting a temple and thus had more of a presence in the real world.

The oldest Jedi has everyone else beat.

There's a sentient Jedi tree that is over 5000 years old.

• 10 months later...
I think i read somewhere that Valkorion aka the Emperor is more than 20k years old, from what i remember, something about the whole sith empire drifting among the stars on a huge fleet of ships guided by Valkorion for 20k years, it was only then that they returned to Korriban. From what I've read, the Emperor is well over 20k years old. Edited by DarwinOrigin

As the Outlander grew old, he found that his body aged at a much slower rate and was able to slowly recover from almost any fatal injury. He was essentially immortal. It was then he learned that Valkorion isn't completely gone, but still dormant in himself refusing to let his host die.

Centuries went by until the Outlander eventually lost the mental war to Valkorion, giving him almost full control of his body albeit at a weakened state due to the body's decrepit condition. Finally victorious over his millennia-old nemesis, Valkorion took on a new name, Snoke, and went on a quest to regain control of the galaxy and finally free himself from his Outlander prison by training a new host.

Edited by Eli_Porter

It depends on if you count Marka Ragno's, Exar Kun's and Andeddu's short lived resurrections as "life."

I think Exar Kun technically is the oldest Sith, since Ragnos was in a void and Andeddu was in a holocron. Kun was haunting a temple and thus had more of a presence in the real world.

Xoxaan was much older than Kun (actually she was one of the founders of the Sith order) and she was 'alive' (or undead) long enough to train Darth Krayt, so I guess she beats Exar by millenia.

Ragnos' spirit was younger than Xoxaan, was seen in the New Republic era and was defeated but not destroyed by Jaden Korr.

• 3 weeks later...
I think that he is gone temporarily but now I think Vaylin is still stuck in your head like Valkorion was, and that it is just a matter of time before Vaylin starts talking to you like Valkorion was

What he said. The ending doesn't really tell us. It's even more confusing on a Dark Sided character and have Senya appear at the end too.

• 1 year later...
As the Outlander grew old, he found that his body aged at a much slower rate and was able to slowly recover from almost any fatal injury. He was essentially immortal. It was then he learned that Valkorion isn't completely gone, but still dormant in himself refusing to let his host die.

Centuries went by until the Outlander eventually lost the mental war to Valkorion, giving him almost full control of his body albeit at a weakened state due to the body's decrepit condition. Finally victorious over his millennia-old nemesis, Valkorion took on a new name, Snoke, and went on a quest to regain control of the galaxy and finally free himself from his Outlander prison by training a new host.

nope snoke is that random rouge jedi from that last bane book whose been swapping body's for such a long time.

I think that he is gone temporarily but now I think Vaylin is still stuck in your head like Valkorion was, and that it is just a matter of time before Vaylin starts talking to you like Valkorion was

I like this idea, particularly if it drags out as a long Vaylin healing/redemption subplot where in the end, she’s freed and becomes a force ghost companion (or else still stuck in your head) and helps you with difficult choices by providing a different perspective. (If stuck in your head, you could visit her by meditating, along with just directing thoughts/speech towards her) and maybe Valkorion’s actually gone forever with Vaylin taking his place.

I like this idea, particularly if it drags out as a long Vaylin healing/redemption subplot where in the end, she’s freed and becomes a force ghost companion (or else still stuck in your head) and helps you with difficult choices by providing a different perspective. (If stuck in your head, you could visit her by meditating, along with just directing thoughts/speech towards her) and maybe Valkorion’s actually gone forever with Vaylin taking his place.

Force ghost, ghost transferred to clone, ghost tracking down her body and healing it from where Doctor the Hutt has it on ice, whichever, I'm good.

As for Valkorion, I really hope he's just gone. He's the villain that keeps coming back, and that was good for a while, and I don't think his end was quite as dramatic as I'd hoped for. But, ultimately, this story made him lesser in some ways than what he was, and I'm just not interested in his return, except in a very specific circumstance. Eat a planet? Fine, you can be the Galactus of Star Wars. Familial abuse? Nah, you can stay dead.

Edited by gamephil