What classes could have two protagonists?

NeoExlucky

I know this is going to sound like a weird question, but I like to roleplay through the class storylines, at the same time, I also want to have one of every AC because I think they'd be fun to play different ones. I'm curious if from a sort of roleplay stand point if it'd be possible to have 2 protagonists for class storylines?

None of the stories are set up for that - in all of them, there's *something* unique that the player character does as part of the main storyline, to say nothing of it being a bit strange if two different people in the same universe recruit those specific people (companions).

Noteworthy obstacles:

* The Trooper (Commando or Vanguard) is t he sole commanding officer of Havoc Squad, a unique unit.

* All eight stories contain at least one "unique" enemy (Skavak, General Rakton, Tarro Blood, etc.) that must be taken down.

But also, there are various spots around the stories where you can make "lasting" choices. Example: If the Trooper goes to ((SPOILER)) and chooses to ((SPOILER)), then ((SPOILER)) dies, but if the Trooper chooses ((SPOILER)) instead, then that person survives. It's very easy to end up with contradictory results in all the stories.

There's also a separate debate about whether there is *one* universe that contains all eight classes, or whether each character lives in its own copy of the universe, one in which the other classes don't, as such, exist, even if someone doing sort-of similar things to each of the others. Example: the Bounty Hunter gets to kill or force into secret retirement a senior Republic official. The Republic classes *all* end up noting the change of which person fills that role, but that doesn't mean that their respective universes contain "the" Bounty Hunter, since the fate of the original office-holder is not specified.

My own view is that it's one universe per character, even if that universe contains "echoes" of the other class stories.

None of the stories are set up for that - in all of them, there's *something* unique that the player character does as part of the main storyline, to say nothing of it being a bit strange if two different people in the same universe recruit those specific people (companions).

Noteworthy obstacles:

* The Trooper (Commando or Vanguard) is t he sole commanding officer of Havoc Squad, a unique unit.

* All eight stories contain at least one "unique" enemy (Skavak, General Rakton, Tarro Blood, etc.) that must be taken down.

But also, there are various spots around the stories where you can make "lasting" choices. Example: If the Trooper goes to ((SPOILER)) and chooses to ((SPOILER)), then ((SPOILER)) dies, but if the Trooper chooses ((SPOILER)) instead, then that person survives. It's very easy to end up with contradictory results in all the stories.

There's also a separate debate about whether there is *one* universe that contains all eight classes, or whether each character lives in its own copy of the universe, one in which the other classes don't, as such, exist, even if someone doing sort-of similar things to each of the others. Example: the Bounty Hunter gets to kill or force into secret retirement a senior Republic official. The Republic classes *all* end up noting the change of which person fills that role, but that doesn't mean that their respective universes contain "the" Bounty Hunter, since the fate of the original office-holder is not specified.

My own view is that it's one universe per character, even if that universe contains "echoes" of the other class stories.

I think it's actually a mixture of both.

I'm 99% percent sure that all the classes exist in the game's storyline, and that the class stories all happen within the same universe. (Bear in mind that whenever a class you aren't playing as is referred to, the details are kept vague. Almost certainly to prevent an exact canon from being established.)

That said, the planetary storylines, as well as basically the entire main story from Shadow of Revan onwards, are another story. There's only a single Outlander/Alliance Commander, after all.

Noteworthy obstacles:

Interesting perspective. That thought, or something like it, has occurred to me as well.

It is rather evident that the eight class story all exist within one universe and are intertwined. Something the Agent does is reflected in the Consular story (and a particular companion). Something the Bounty Hunter does is reflected in all Republic stories. Numerous times companions from one story appear in another. Something that happens in the Warrior story is later undone in the Trooper story. The four flashpoints: Taral V and Maelstrom Prison on Rep side, and Boarding Party and The Foundry on Imp side are one story told from two sides. The class stories reveal a large universe where our characters may be important people, but they are not the center of the universe, they are not the sole protagonist. Plus, the devs have pretty much said that that was the intent.

It is only after the end of the class stories do they become more generic. Ilum (up to the flashpoints) and Makeb are one story told from two sides, but still our character is not the sole protagonist as multiple classes can participate in the story. After that everything becomes a single story with one sole protagonist, our character. Our character is now the center of the universe and everything revolves around that character.

Throughout the class stories it is easy to have a Consular, Warrior, Bounty Hunter, and Smuggler all exist in the same universe and doing things that, on some level, is reflected in the other's story. But after that, from Shadow of Revan on, our character now exists alone. The only way to have two of the same class exist in the same universe, or two of anything after SoR, is to headcanon it.

It is fairly obvious that the other class stories exist in the same universe if you read the blurb on the companions of said character when you recruit them in kotfe or kotet. they all mention that particular character as having "disappeared"; at which point yourcharacter becomes the story.