Price of Thermal Regulators

Kurkina

On Red Eclipse EU the price of Thermal Regs has plummeted since Tuesday's reset. They used to be minimum 20k, with the occassional possibility to post them for as high as 22-23k and still be the lowest price.

Since the recet, prices have gone down to 17k, with literally pages and pages of 1-4 stacks on the GTN in the 17-18k price range. Has anyone else noticed this? Has the proc rate of the rich yield tech part mission been adjusted?

I noticed a decrease on The Progenitor as well. But only like 1.000 to 2.000 credits less than usual (which always happens from time to time). It looks like a few people are emptying their stock, because it's like someone put 10 pieces up for 21.000 while the others still have the usual 22.000 to 23.000.

I also had a lucky streak with my crits, so I had more to sell, too. It was about time, because during the last two weeks I barely got a single crit on all my slicing crafters.

I don't think it has anything to do with the patch though. More like that more people played during the weekend and hence more competition on the market. Also, probably less buyers because people started alts for the double XP.

It has plummeted before Tuesday IMHO.

I first noticed this around last Wednesday or Thursday, since I have seven characters running these missions and I was able to sold four Thermal Regulators EACH time around for 81k or so. They would go up for one day at most.

All of the sudden, I start to notice that the stuff I had on the GTN was expiring, only to notice what you just stated: The price for Thermal Regulators had plummeted in a rather drastic fashion.

Ever since, I just have five or six characters doing the No Trace Left daily on the BH, Empire side. It's not as profitable but it still yields a moderate credit boost daily. No more checking on those characters twice a day, hoping for them to have gone critical on Slicing.

This kinda reminded me of how Diplomacy mats plummeted shortly after 2.0 hit. Such a sweet profit I got back then from the skill.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I don't think it has anything to do with the patch though. More like that more people played during the weekend and hence more competition on the market. Also, probably less buyers because people started alts for the double XP.

This is the most likely scenario: more supply and less demand results in depressed value.

On The Harbinger, prices are only down slightly. They usually float between 18k and 20k, just checked and the low price is 17099.

This is the most likely scenario: more supply and less demand results in depressed value.

On The Harbinger, prices are only down slightly. They usually float between 18k and 20k, just checked and the low price is 17099.

I think this is it too, augments prices also took a nose dive and have sold very slowly. Even MK-9 kits took a bit of a hit (pushing into the 59K range at one point) before coming back up yesterday, most likely as excess supplies dried up.

I've noticed this on Harbinger. Thermal Regulators are going down from their usual 18k-21k to 16k-17.5. The augment market is terrible now as well. I've seen augment prices (usually 80k-100k) down to 60k. Shield augments have been hit especially bad. I've listed countless in the past week and made exactly one sale. Absorb have been selling, but I can't keep the price much above 83k. The rest are way below that.

I assume this has to do with the double XP weekend: People are leveling alts rather than auging out their mains. Luckily the lower price of Thermal Regulators means that you can still profit at the lower prices, but I've decided to just stock up on regulators now and wait for the augment price to rise before trying to sell augments again. When the augment prices are normal, the reduced cost on Thermal Regulators I purchased will lead to some huge profit margins.

Edited by Millardkillmoore

A little update, on Red Eclipse EU there are still 3 pages on the GTN at lower than 19k, with the lowest being at just above 16k, I have never seen that before. Hopefully this weekend all the cheap stuff will be bought up and it will return back to normal.

A little update, on Red Eclipse EU there are still 3 pages on the GTN at lower than 19k, with the lowest being at just above 16k, I have never seen that before. Hopefully this weekend all the cheap stuff will be bought up and it will return back to normal.

Don't get your hopes up. I'm on that same server and I'm just not seeing it.

Don't get your hopes up. I'm on that same server and I'm just not seeing it.

Sometimes is takes a while, but prices do rebound eventually.

That being said, be aware of yo-yoing. I have seen it a bunch on the Harbinger: prices are low one day, rebound to "normal" the next and then are depressed again (mostly because the same individuals are posting at ridiculously low prices and posting too many to buy up and re-post).

Sometimes is takes a while, but prices do rebound eventually.

That being said, be aware of yo-yoing. I have seen it a bunch on the Harbinger: prices are low one day, rebound to "normal" the next and then are depressed again (mostly because the same individuals are posting at ridiculously low prices and posting too many to buy up and re-post).

I see this all the time with augments. The going rate will be 95k+ and somebody will post two dozen for 82k each.

Edited by Millardkillmoore

I see this all the time with augments. The going rate will be 95k+ and somebody will post two dozen for 82k each.

Don't get me started on the item selling within a band of say 95-100 for weeks, with people undercutting by a credit to a couple hundred credits, only to have someone come along and undercut by like 5-10K. Even better when someone else comes along and undercuts the first one by another 5-10K.

Augments at 101, 100.99, 100.98, 100.50, 99.99, 90, 80, 78

I just check another item and let the idiots undercut each other, which interestingly enough, sometimes means selling other stat augment using the exact same mats created using the exact same crew skill for 95k+.

Edited by DawnAskham

If the prices are plummeting and you think it's a yo-yo, buy instead of sell. I have been doing this with scavenging for a while now and make boat loads. Just be prepared to drop 2-3 million (or however much you can spend) and not get a return for several weeks.

The yoyo effect could be taken advantage of if the price dropped a bit lower, but buying up a boat-load of Thermal Regs at 17k to sell them a bit late at 19+k (minus the GTN cut) probably isnt worth it.

Especially when the GTN cut is taken into account: selling at 19k nets 17860 credits.

Can't you buy the majority of cheap regulators and then post it back on the GTN with profit?

That depends on two factors:

- what is the "normal" range of pricing for TRs on your server? Sure you can buy up all the low value (i.e. 17000) and try to sell at a much higher than normal price (i.e. 30000), but chances are you won't sell them, because the price is too high.

- the difference between the low end and what will sell. Based on the information posted here, most servers' TRs normally sell for 18k to 20k. If someone posts at 17k, re-posting at 20k will net you a grand total of 1800 credits (buy at 17,000, sell at 20,000, minus the 6% GTN but equals 18800 credits. Subtract your original investment of 17000 and you net 1800 credits). Is that net profit worth the risk of not selling at all (because someone undercuts you)? That is a decision every seller has to make for themselves.

I've noticed the yo-yo thing pretty much every time I've bought/sold on the GTN on Pot5 (which admittedly isn't too terribly often). TRs will sell for as low at 15k at times, as high as 25k at others. Augments have sold anywhere between 50k and 125k, with a "typical" range between about 78k and 125k. There have been a few times when I've made a pretty healthy profit buying when things were ridiculously low and then waiting, but I'm usually nowhere near to being sufficiently motivated to actually watch the GTN and stick with it.

It does occur to me, though, that someone could likely make millions of credits relatively easily just by buying and selling TRs and augments, if they weren't bored to death first.

I've noticed the yo-yo thing pretty much every time I've bought/sold on the GTN on Pot5 (which admittedly isn't too terribly often). TRs will sell for as low at 15k at times, as high as 25k at others. Augments have sold anywhere between 50k and 125k, with a "typical" range between about 78k and 125k. There have been a few times when I've made a pretty healthy profit buying when things were ridiculously low and then waiting, but I'm usually nowhere near to being sufficiently motivated to actually watch the GTN and stick with it.

It does occur to me, though, that someone could likely make millions of credits relatively easily just by buying and selling TRs and augments, if they weren't bored to death first.

The bolded fairly describes what I've been doing and how I feel about it. You are correct, it can be tedious and boring, between gathering TRs (waiting for slicing crits and constantly checking the GTN for underpriced TRs), crafting augs, and watching the TR/aug markets to figure out what to sell and when. That said, like you, I don't have the patience to watch the entire GTN for low-priced items to sell at good profits. There is simply too much to keep track of just to figure out what's going to be profitable. By focusing on TRs and augs, I can get a pretty good handle on one small part of the market. And ultimately, it is very profitable, even when prices dip as we've seen lately.

I figure that making credits will ultimately require a commitment of some kind, and I feel like this is about as much as I'm willing to deal with. It's become habit at this point...log in, run slicing missions, check GTN, switch alts, queue crafting, rinse, repeat. I wouldn't describe it as a lot of fun, but it's effective, and ultimately not all that time-consuming.

The bolded fairly describes what I've been doing and how I feel about it. You are correct, it can be tedious and boring, between gathering TRs (waiting for slicing crits and constantly checking the GTN for underpriced TRs), crafting augs, and watching the TR/aug markets to figure out what to sell and when. That said, like you, I don't have the patience to watch the entire GTN for low-priced items to sell at good profits. There is simply too much to keep track of just to figure out what's going to be profitable. By focusing on TRs and augs, I can get a pretty good handle on one small part of the market. And ultimately, it is very profitable, even when prices dip as we've seen lately.

I figure that making credits will ultimately require a commitment of some kind, and I feel like this is about as much as I'm willing to deal with. It's become habit at this point... log in, run slicing missions, check GTN, switch alts, queue crafting, rinse, repeat. I wouldn't describe it as a lot of fun, but it's effective, and ultimately not all that time-consuming.

I do agree to this.

Before 2.0 hit, I used to craft and sell Augmentation MK-6 kits fairly often and it was a profitable endeavour, even if a time consuming once, since I had - back then - four characters running missions and two of them crafting. Plus, one only need two mats of each kind to craft the armor pieces, reverse engineer them and that was it.

Came 2.0 and now one of them requires four mats instead of two, which is double. Increase in time gathering mats and increase in time switching back and forth. Increase in profit margin though, seeing that MK-9 seem to be far more expensive than MK-6 were at their prime? Possibly.

Regardless, I can't be bothered. Was selling three weeks ago or so four thermal regulators for 84k and nowadays, I see people undercutting completely senseless... It's their call, their credits and it's great that people who need the augs get out winning but as far as I'm concerned, it's not worth the hassle for now.

Here's hoping it stabilizes but like I mentioned earlier, not seeing it right now.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Ha I really love ppl undercutting me with 10k+ I`m like are ppl that stupid? i never undercutted any1 for more then 1 credit less

People are that stupid.

Average price for MK-9 over past month, for a single, has been around 65K. Stacks of 10, 14 and sometimes larger are usually up for several K less on a per item basis.

This morning the multi-stacks were hovering around 62K, with one stack of 50 sitting at 60k. Lowest price for a single was 66K, with only a page of supply before the price was close to 70K.

Some genius posted up three pages of singles for 58K each. I posted up 20 at 69,999. An hour later his and mine were gone, and the average price was hovering around 66K for singles.

I figure if someone forgoes hundreds of thousands in potential revenue for just pricing dumb, they are just paying a tax on stupid.

And the augment market is my bane these days. They aren't selling in high quantities, are fiercely undercut all day, and have huge swings in average price and / or price for similar augments.

This past week I watched Absorb augments go from 95K to 75K, Might from 78K to 93K to 85K, and Redoubt go from 88K to 110K to 92K.

If one is willing to bank a decent amount of augments in every stat and constantly check the GTN, list, and relist, one can make good money.

But other than trying to unload the stocks I have, I'm pretty much moved to just being lazy and selling the Therm Reg and not bothering with all the constant re-posting and undercutting.

Edited by DawnAskham