Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Free-to-Play is Coming on November 15th
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kadin
11.09.2012 , 11:16 PM | #111
I have two accounts. Both have CE's on them so they've both got a decent amount of potential CCs on them. This account I'm posting on will still be current when F2P launches but the other is currently unsubbed.

If I resub this currently dormant account in say early December, I'll get ALL coins I'm due except the bonus for being actively subbed when F2P launches (250), right? Just need a quick confirmation that I've read the info correct.

Thanks!

Thylbanus
11.10.2012 , 01:07 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by FearlessXIII View Post
All this information about how many coins you get for free as as subscriber or how many dollars a coin costs is pretty darn useless until somone tells us what we can actualy buy with 500 coins.
Here is a quick overview of what is on there.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Karkais
11.10.2012 , 05:01 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Here is a quick overview of what is on there.
Thank you for the list. the items raise some questions though:

Quote:
1.13 Pink Purple color crystal
Image submitted by Andilus. These lightsaber crystals are useable at level 10 (with +41 stats)
What the fark? I SERIOUSLY hope this is not tradeable and is at least bound on pickup?? Otherwise it will completely invalidate the color crystal market.... Actually, it says its bound on equip... disaster waiting to happen!!! WHAT THE HELL BIOWARE?

Quote:
This Authorization allows you to equip and use most Artifact quality gear and item modifications
Does this mean that non-subscribers cant use arifact-quality items without this perk?
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Thylbanus
11.10.2012 , 12:46 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post

Quote:
This Authorization allows you to equip and use most Artifact quality gear and item modifications

Does this mean that non-subscribers cant use arifact-quality items without this perk?
Yes, but for that item only. Well it would suck if you paid real money and then not be able to use it. The outline for F2P vs subscription is outlined here.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Macheath
11.11.2012 , 12:48 AM | #115

What the fark? I SERIOUSLY hope this is not tradeable and is at least bound on pickup?? Otherwise it will completely invalidate the color crystal market.... Actually, it says its bound on equip... disaster waiting to happen!!! WHAT THE HELL BIOWARE?
That is what we call "pay to win." At least it's only during the leveling process. BioWare's walking a slippery slope with these crystals, and things like Valor exp bonuses.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Avorniel
11.11.2012 , 05:18 AM | #116

If this is the case then I am calling it a day

seems like it's 15 November 2005 NGE hits SWG again

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent.

Jorgoman
11.11.2012 , 07:55 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
Gratz on the biggest fail in the history of gaming industry. You marked your place there EA.

I don't know if free-to-play is the future of the industry but i know one thing for certain. Your game was so poorly executed it should be taken out of the equation.

Bye, I'm off to play games made by companies who have balls & skills.
Bye. Free-To-Play is a reasonable way for the devs to go, and it's both a clever thing to do, and it will fuel the game with more players! It's an excellent option.

darthvisari
11.11.2012 , 09:05 AM | #118
I think this is awesome, but everyone should have all the species, because choosing between a cyborg and a human plus another race is just lame, and everyone should be able to customise their gear because if the is to many restrictions ppl will be discourage from Ftp but warzone weekly pass etc is fair for both subscribers and Ftp

AshlaBoga
11.11.2012 , 11:48 AM | #119

What the fark? I SERIOUSLY hope this is not tradeable and is at least bound on pickup?? Otherwise it will completely invalidate the color crystal market.... Actually, it says its bound on equip... disaster waiting to happen!!! WHAT THE HELL BIOWARE? --->

Yes.

--->BW Created thread about +41 crystals at level 10
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Profion_Xilus
11.11.2012 , 11:59 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by sippelmc View Post
How much do CC's cost? Is that set yet?
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...play-launching
This is the only thing I have seen on pricing so far.