Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

$500,000 credits to increase skill level?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
$500,000 credits to increase skill level?

AussieAlan
10.26.2019 , 08:05 AM | #1
So I was collecting a bunch of bioanalyses mats and noticed it was still at 600, so I asked chat, of course, that is not working on the new planet, so I thought surely they have not gone back to needing to unlock it at a crew skills trainer, yep they have, and its 500k, this is a bug right, assuming then biochem and dip is the same, it's 1.5million credits, I know the game needs a credit sink but this is just insane.

51 million credits for all my toons to get past 600 crafting.

ceryxp
10.26.2019 , 08:27 AM | #2
Nope, not a bug. This is entirely intentional. Along with charging a million credits per piece of gear, and raising the cost of the basic decorations (the basic junker light went from 250 credits to 5000).
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

AussieAlan
10.26.2019 , 08:40 AM | #3
Well I suppose I can't say I am surprised, crafting has been pretty much pointless the last few years, so yeah why not just kill it.

ceryxp
10.26.2019 , 08:52 AM | #4
Yep, their plan is going to backfire. I've already decided to save myself tens of millions of credits. I'll just collect the mats from harvesting then sell them on the GTN and make more credits.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

AussieAlan
10.26.2019 , 10:11 AM | #5
Not a bad idea, although I might hold onto them, in the hope they do reverse this stupidity, I mean 50k maybe 100k, but 500k is just beyond insane.

This game is like that girl who dates jerks, and then wonders why she can't get a good man, you would have thought after they raised the gtn tax 8% and everyone went, fine increase the price by 8% they would learn their lessons.

Ayushman
10.26.2019 , 09:15 PM | #6
Devs introduced ridiculous level of credit sinks.
Suggest to hoard mats and wait or sell.
This price increase in crew skills is one of the features disliked by all.
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

AlrikFassbauer
10.27.2019 , 04:56 AM | #7
My assumption is that they have seen in their data that some crafters are simply too rich for this game's economy.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Void_Singer
10.28.2019 , 03:38 AM | #8
@OP
just wait till you stumble on the rest of the changes.... seriously, the half million credits for a single grade of crew skill is actually the LEAST crazy problem with the new changes

Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
My assumption is that they have seen in their data that some crafters are simply too rich for this game's economy.
because crafters will obviously not pass those costs on to their customers e.e
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Goemoe
10.30.2019 , 04:53 AM | #9
The intention of the devs is to make crafting 600+ as ugly as possible. If all player stop crafting at some point, they don't need to develop it any further. It is the only possible explanation for this silly update. Don't think the 500.000 credits would be the only(last drawback with onslaught crafting. Try to get one piece of equipment from green to max and look, what you have to pay for that. You will dream of only paying millions of credits for it.

Onslaught crafting sucks.

SteveTheCynic
10.30.2019 , 07:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
It's been noted on other threads about this thing that adding this cost will not have the effect you seem to think.

The super-rich crafters won't notice the cost.

The crafters with only a few million credits will find it painful.

The crafters with a million credits will stick two fingers up(1) at the whole thing.

(1) Unless they are Americans, in which case the gesture will be The Finger, but the meaning is essentially the same.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
I never had a Fine Mithril Sword of a very powerful glorious invincible hero scout with ruby inlays and platinum engraving in June language