Twin Spears!!! The server to transfer.

PoortKnyght

Everyone here on Twin Spears invites anyone and everyone to transfer to our server when the server transfers become available. We are currently a Light server and most likely will be eligible for a transfer.

Our server was one of the first Heavy servers consisting of nearly all early-access players. With all but a few servers dwindling in population. We can honestly say that the players left over on our server are the most dedicated and prosperous, to not have felt the need to re-roll on a different server. Our server hold the Republic First for completing Karagaa's Palace when 1.2 launched (screen shots can be provided). Also with the dwindling population, our guilds have really stepped up. When any of our guilds don't have enough players to form a full Operations group, we've grouped together to form guild co-ops. I guess the main thing to take away is we've got at max 20-30 on either fleet at peak time, yet we still find the way to complete our PvP and PvE dailies and weekly.

Technical side, we've never once had to have a server restart, or any other problems that were limited to one of a few servers, even at our peak time when the log-in queue was 2 hrs long (go ahead and check the CS forum and/or Dev Tracker forum).

We are all very friendly, mostly-serious and enjoyable players here at Twin Spears and we invite you all to come join us.

Edited by PoortKnyght

Everyone here on Twin Spears invites anyone and everyone to transfer to our server when the server transfers become available. We are currently a Light server and most likely will be eligible for a transfer.

You will indeed most likely be a server targeted to transfer OFF from.

Yes.....I'm sorry to be negative about it, and my server is sitting on a borderline for the past sixty days where it's right smack in the middle of the PVP server pop for the US....so we could go either way, TO or FROM, and I feel the pain. But it's more than likely that the lower your server pop currently is, the greater the chance you'll be a server BW is trying to herd players away from it onto a higher pop server. When done with as many voluntary transfers as possible, they'll be looking at server closures/merges, and those will NOT be voluntary. I highly suggest if transfers are offered off your server, that you take them....there will be no long term benefit to remaining on a server targeted for transfers FROM.

- I decided to check your server's status on Torstatus.net. It's fifth from the bottom of the 42 US PVP only servers for the last 7 day reporting period when sorted by population. So I can only say I'm very sorry that what sounds like a much stronger community than my server's (haven't noticed ANY real community on my server at this point), is unlikely to remain on your server of origin. I wish they'd release their INITIAL list of TO/FROM servers, it's understandable that list would be flexible as the pops start changing, but I'm certain it's not all that flexible NOW.

Edited by Ashlian

Have you two taken a look at the latest Dev post about sever transfers? http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you. The way it will be is they'll only offer transfers from the Heavy servers to the Light servers. To quote the Dev post, "Players who are anxious to ensure they end up on a heavily populated server will naturally flock to what is perceived as the 'biggest' server, potentially over-populating that server. This eventually leads to the exact situation we're trying to move away from". So that means it will basically be like every other game that has done server transfers in order to save server population. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just with what the Dev post came across to me and everyone else I'd been talking to about server transfers to. Also, if you're going to comment back on this, please don't turn this into a troll or flame fest. As I am only doing this to make the game more enjoyable for a lot of people. I'm sure a lot of you can understand that. And as far as worrying about people leaving our server when transfers come. I'd been talking to both Rep and Imp players about what we need to do and what everyone's plans are and everyone who's stayed so far, all say they're not leaving. Mainly due to have legacy lvls around 30-40 and not wanted to just leave that and others just plain don't want to move period. So even if some people leave our server. I know our core players will still be playing on our server. If no one transfers to our server after a while, then we'll decided if we'll switch.

I also found another thread that has collected a lot of info on character transfers. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=474209. It basically has good and bad info in it. Origin servers (most likely will be Heavy) can only transfer to selected servers (Light) for a while at first. So it looks like you won't have much choice on where to go. But I'd still like to say that if Twin Spears is an option to transfer to, then come on over!

Edited by PoortKnyght

Lol, origin servers won't get to choose destination servers, they will be assigned ONE destination server, take it or leave it. Quote from Dev Tracker:

"Each server that becomes eligible for transfers will have just one destination server, and you'll be able to move all your characters from your origin server to that destination server."

Btw, you take your legacy with you, so I don't understand the "legacy concern"...

Edited by Sauska

Have you two taken a look at the latest Dev post about sever transfers? http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you. The way it will be is they'll only offer transfers from the Heavy servers to the Light servers. To quote the Dev post, "Players who are anxious to ensure they end up on a heavily populated server will naturally flock to what is perceived as the 'biggest' server, potentially over-populating that server. This eventually leads to the exact situation we're trying to move away from". So that means it will basically be like every other game that has done server transfers in order to save server population.

You're taking and quoting what was said out of context. The quote you lifted was from an explanation about why they aren't doing a free-for-all transfer...because they don't want everyone transferring to one (already heavily populated) server. That's why they're doing targetted transfers. Making people transfer off of the few standard/heavy servers would make no sense whatsoever, because it would not solve the problem (the problem being that people are playing on underpopulated servers and are not happy with the experience). Instead, what will happen is that they will take an underpopulated server, offer transfers to a new server, and then continue doing so until that new server has a decent, sustainable population.

Yes, I read the same material, and though they've now stated it will be one or MORE origin servers going to a single destination server:

To quote directly from the blog:

Quote:

In some cases, a large number of origin servers will be eligible to move to a single destination server. In others, very few origin servers will be transferring to existing high population destination servers.

So, in some cases, multiple origin servers will be assigned the same destination server. The end goal is to have destination servers with higher populations, and that may require sourcing from several origin servers.

their intention is, very obviously from the quote above, for the lowest population servers to transfer to "existing high population destination servers." It will be low pop to high pop. High pop is, in this case, misleading because there ARE only a couple of servers that really qualify as high pop. The rest are more like marginal vs terrible. So in essence, it will be the very lowest of the low pop servers moving to the marginally higher low pop servers because that is ALL THERE IS. That still leaves the OP in the bottom five for PVP servers in the US, and I'm just guessing, just guessing here, that that will make that server a pretty sure bet for an origin server.

For the last 2 months since they've discussed server transfers, the one thing the Devs have always said was they weren't going to allow people to transfer to Fatman or Harbinger. If people did that, then they'd be forced to go with mega servers. The server transfers are meant to take the already over-populated Fatman and Harbinger servers and spread them out amongst selected servers. The reason they're not doing the selected transfers at first is because people would do the same thing they've been doing already, moving to those two servers. The whole point of server transfer is to make all of the servers populated again, not make 2 or 3 servers over populated like they are now. I'm not reading out of context here, I am reading exactly what they said and applying real world knowledge and common sense to this. Which frankly, I have no idea how any of you think it's going to be any other way. They always transfer from Heavy to Light, ALWAYS!!!. Not a single MMO has ever offered free transfers from a Light to a Heavy server, ever. And in the case of swtor, where they're trying to save the game. They want all servers to at least be Medium, so when new players come in. They'll be able to choose a server that isn't dead, because if it's transfers to Heavy, then all the populated servers will be full and won't allow anymore players on it.

I'm not reading out of context here, I am reading exactly what they said and applying real world knowledge and common sense to this. Which frankly, I have no idea how any of you think it's going to be any other way. They always transfer from Heavy to Light, ALWAYS!!!. Not a single MMO has ever offered free transfers from a Light to a Heavy server, ever. And in the case of swtor, where they're trying to save the game. They want all servers to at least be Medium, so when new players come in. They'll be able to choose a server that isn't dead, because if it's transfers to Heavy, then all the populated servers will be full and won't allow anymore players on it.

No one is saying that people on underpopulated servers will be offered transfers to heavy servers such as the Fatman. What they are saying is that it's likely that multiple light servers will be offered transfers to more populated but still light or standard servers. The majority of servers that are considered to have a decent population these days continue to show as Standard or less most of the time, so there's plenty of room for new transfers. Moving people off these servers onto lighter ones would be counterproductive, as the ideal from an implementation standpoint is to have as few people transfer as necessary to stabilize server populations on a viable and even level.

I do think it's possible that they'll end up offering transfers off the very heavy servers if login queue times and lag are proving to be an issue, but I don't see that as their first step.

Twin Spears is currently 12th from the bottom for server population......which sucks - considering I'm on it!! :rolleyes:

So I don't think this server will be a selected GOTO server - when the merge happens...I'm keeping every orifice crossed it's gonna be a GET OUT server - cause myself and my 10 or so friends on it plan on jumping ship!! I can't PvP my Marauder....because wait times are horrendous! I don't mind PvPing my Consular....as I can still run my missions while I wait.

Honestly...to call TS a 'light' server is a gross understatement.....

While I would LOVE nothing more than to see this server jump back to life, realistically...I don't see it happening.....................................but who knows! :cool:

Well as much as I hate to say it. I won't be transferring from this server and if my server ends up even more dead because they did server transfers wrong. Then that will be the reason I stop playing. I love this game and I've waited patiently for them to address the population issues, but if they are going to do nothing but put everyone on a few servers (granted, maybe more than a few). Then that's pretty much BW saying, "F*** you, you should've re-rolled and not been patient".

The best policy would be to transfer from a Heavy server to a Light and made it Standard, then move to another Light server and do the same there. Until most, if not all, servers have a decent population on them. Not have everyone move to a Heavy and then when those get to crowded, force players to move to servers that are still Light. It would put us in the same exact position that we are in now. When WoW and SWG both had very similar population issues, they only allowed transfers from the high pop servers to the low servers. They waited at least 2-3 months before they'd even allow paid transfers. And yes, WoW had a much more unstable launch and had the same exact population problem that swtor is having now. So based on that, swtor on track to being a much better game.

I hope BW is reading these and figures out that they need to tell us more info about which servers are being transferred and so on. Because I'd like to know before my next subscription bill is due, if I'm going to cancel or not. At least if they gave us the info, we wouldn't be here arguing over who's right and so on. I still feel very confident that they will be only doing transfers from Heavy to Light and so on. There's no other logical explanation.

Edited by PoortKnyght

The best policy would be to transfer from a Heavy server to a Light and made it Standard, then move to another Light server and do the same there. Until most, if not all, servers have a decent population on them. Not have everyone move to a Heavy and then when those get to crowded, force players to move to servers that are still Light. It would put us in the same exact position that we are in now. When WoW and SWG both had very similar population issues, they only allowed transfers from the high pop servers to the low servers.

No, in fact, that would be the absolute worst thing they could do. Moving people OFF the half-dozen or so relatively healthy servers? Why, to make them light too? Those half-dozen servers don't have enough population themselves to help repopulate the dead servers. I'm sorry that you're convinced that that's how it's going to happen, but it's not.

"In some cases, a large number of origin servers will be eligible to move to a single destination server. In others, very few origin servers will be transferring to existing high population destination servers. Remember, the goal here is to push almost every destination server to an active population that's higher."

That's a quote directly from the dev blog.

Well as much as I hate to say it. I won't be transferring from this server and if my server ends up even more dead because they did server transfers wrong.

ehmm.. why wouldn't you want to transfer to a more populated server?

Then that will be the reason I stop playing. I love this game and I've waited patiently for them to address the population issues, but if they are going to do nothing but put everyone on a few servers (granted, maybe more than a few). Then that's pretty much BW saying, "F*** you, you should've re-rolled and not been patient".

No it isn't..

What's the difference if this game has 10 servers or 10.000??

What exactly is it you want them to do?

The best policy would be to transfer from a Heavy server to a Light and made it Standard, then move to another Light server and do the same there. Until most, if not all, servers have a decent population on them.

That's not mathematically possible because there are less than 400k active subscribers for this game and there are little more than 200 servers. That gives you about 1000 people per faction, all together..

That's not even near to make all the servers "Standard".. It's better to have 10.000 people per faction and have less servers. It's better to have a few healthy servers than loads of dying ones..

Not have everyone move to a Heavy and then when those get to crowded, force players to move to servers that are still Light. It would put us in the same exact position that we are in now.

No we wouldn't because the game wouldn't be dying..

There would also not be any queue times because they have doubled the amount of people a server can withstand since launch..

When WoW and SWG both had very similar population issues, they only allowed transfers from the high pop servers to the low servers.

The problem there was a fast growing community.. SWTOR has a fast DYING community. There are people quitting their subs everyday, So it's logical to to the opposite.. Move from Light to Standard..

They waited at least 2-3 months before they'd even allow paid transfers. And yes, WoW had a much more unstable launch and had the same exact population problem that swtor is having now. So based on that, swtor on track to being a much better game.

Nobody said anything about paid transfers..

I hope BW is reading these and figures out that they need to tell us more info about which servers are being transferred and so on. Because I'd like to know before my next subscription bill is due, if I'm going to cancel or not. At least if they gave us the info, we wouldn't be here arguing over who's right and so on. I still feel very confident that they will be only doing transfers from Heavy to Light and so on. There's no other logical explanation.

Your post makes no sense at all..

You are gonna unsub because there will be 20 healthy servers?

Makes no sense at all to do transfers from Heavy to light because it just makes i troublesome with the vast amount of chars to transfer, not to mention it wouldn't solve anything because there isn't enough ppl playing this game to make every server opened healthy. You'd need to close half of them to have a standard pop spread across the game, then close another half of that and you have a healthy pop.

I'm on twin spears have been since early access. It was a great server and had some really epic moments but it is a dead server. think of this as basically a do it yourself server merge. Everyone on Twin spears and probably other servers will transfer to 1 destination server. Eventually they will close TS, because hopefully our new server will have everyone on it and nobody will get left behind.

Why do people insist on lumbering everyone with their ****** choices... Every thread I see recommending a transfer to XXX server, I know which to avoid... if I resub :cool:

This was supposed to just be a thread stating that we have a great community on our server and we invite everyone to come join us on it.

It was meant to be helpful to both our server and others looking for a server to come to until we had these trolls on here ripping everything apart here. It was never meant to discuss the details of transfers or the such, just inviting people to join us if they have the option. My posts do make sense, it's the trolls that make no sense at all here. Until BW posts the exact details, stop trolling on this thread; as it was only an invitation. Not a discussion.

Edited by PoortKnyght

Have you two taken a look at the latest Dev post about sever transfers? http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you. The way it will be is they'll only offer transfers from the Heavy servers to the Light servers. To quote the Dev post, "Players who are anxious to ensure they end up on a heavily populated server will naturally flock to what is perceived as the 'biggest' server, potentially over-populating that server. This eventually leads to the exact situation we're trying to move away from". So that means it will basically be like every other game that has done server transfers in order to save server population. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just with what the Dev post came across to me and everyone else I'd been talking to about server transfers to. Also, if you're going to comment back on this, please don't turn this into a troll or flame fest. As I am only doing this to make the game more enjoyable for a lot of people. I'm sure a lot of you can understand that. And as far as worrying about people leaving our server when transfers come. I'd been talking to both Rep and Imp players about what we need to do and what everyone's plans are and everyone who's stayed so far, all say they're not leaving. Mainly due to have legacy lvls around 30-40 and not wanted to just leave that and others just plain don't want to move period. So even if some people leave our server. I know our core players will still be playing on our server. If no one transfers to our server after a while, then we'll decided if we'll switch.

I also found another thread that has collected a lot of info on character transfers. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=474209. It basically has good and bad info in it. Origin servers (most likely will be Heavy) can only transfer to selected servers (Light) for a while at first. So it looks like you won't have much choice on where to go. But I'd still like to say that if Twin Spears is an option to transfer to, then come on over!

Explain why anyone on a healthy pop server would want to transfer to an underpopulated.

Sorry the statement you quoted in no way implies that it will be the few, very few high pop servers that will be asked to thin thier pops to bolster sparse servers. All it says is that it is unlikely that those high pop servers will be the destination server. In all likelyhood they will select those sparse pop servers to transfer to one of the ones that reaches only "standard" levels during primetime hours. But we are talking about BW so who really knows?

Edited by Angorak

You mean the trolls who are pointing out that your invitation (and be honest, your thread was much more than an invitation, you attempted to explain the process and how it will be done) is predicated on false assumptions, out-of-context quotes, and just plain misinformation? The trolls who are trying to explain to you why server transfers will not work the way you think they'll work? Those trolls?

You mean the trolls who are pointing out that your invitation (and be honest, your thread was much more than an invitation, you attempted to explain the process and how it will be done) is predicated on false assumptions, out-of-context quotes, and just plain misinformation? The trolls who are trying to explain to you why server transfers will not work the way you think they'll work? Those trolls?

Read the first post again, in no way did I even try to make a prediction on how it would work. That wasn't until after the trolls got on here, and yes.. trolls, ripping it apart. It was never meant to describe how it would be done, only that we invited others to join our server!!

Now obviously, none of us know how it's going to happen. So how can anyone be telling me how it's going to happen, when no one but the Devs know how it's going to happen? You can guess all you want, but no one here knows how it's going to happen. And when I attempted to give my opinion on how it would work, since no one but the Devs know, the trolls got on here saying they know exactly how it's gonna happen. When they are only guessing.

Edited by PoortKnyght

This was supposed to just be a thread stating that we have a great community on our server and we invite everyone to come join us on it.

It was meant to be helpful to both our server and others looking for a server to come to until we had these trolls on here ripping everything apart here. It was never meant to discuss the details of transfers or the such, just inviting people to join us if they have the option. My posts do make sense, it's the trolls that make no sense at all here. Until BW posts the exact details, stop trolling on this thread; as it was only an invitation. Not a discussion.

An opinion that you do not agree with is not trolling. And nothing was directed at you specificly... if you have a good community why do you need to ask people to join??? ... because the opposite is true or you wouldn't need to 'suggest'.

Us so-called trolls are patiently trying to explain that it's highly unlikely we get the option to transfer to your server, as your server is undoubtedly a prime candidate for transferring off. Instead of trying to hold on to a dream, you might also pack up your awesome community and recreate it on your new destination server. Who knows, you might even make some new friends in the process ;)