Players, please DO NOT insert yourself into other people's battles w/o permission.

Katpoohtoo

I've done several bounty hunting missions this evening and I have not been able to freeze any of my bounties because fools kept jumping into my fight and killing my bounties before I could freeze them. If you want to start a group, then ask. But I get frustrated with players being overly "helpful" by jumping in and killing my bounties before my carbonite button would highlight.:mad:

I would really like a "kill player" override option for these guys, where they are put on PvP status for you and it would be helpful for the guys that take an item while you are fighting the mob protecting it ... i'd pay cartel coins for it ;-)

But I get frustrated with players being overly "helpful" by jumping in and killing my bounties before my carbonite button would highlight.:mad:

Actually, most of the time, people are not trying to be "helpful" - it's just that, the faster you kill your bounty (or boss, etc) the sooner they can get on with killing their own bounty,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way around it. There's often not enough time to tell the other person you want to capture not kill. I have successfully managed to do it by putting my companion on passive and then just clicking on the freeze grenade repeatedly until it "catches". (Basically, let the other guy do all the damage)

Edited by JediQuaker

Remember when those Kingpin battles were really tough and sometimes you'd need to call for help? Alderaan and Tatooine took me a lot of tries!

[but OP, I agree. People, don't "help" unless it is requested]

Actually, most of the time, people are not trying to be "helpful" - it's just that, the faster you kill your bounty (or boss, etc) the sooner they can get on with killing their own bounty,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way around it. There's often not enough time to tell the other person you want to capture not kill. I have successfully managed to do it by putting my companion on passive and then just clicking on the freeze grenade repeatedly until it "catches". (Basically, let the other guy do all the damage)

Not from what I experienced. Those people would kill my bounty and then ride away. They apparently weren't on a bounty mission.