So what's happening with mercs?

doohickeyexpress

If merc survivability is a challenge to you, I wonder how would you play more than a half of other classes... Try jugg and then come back here. Or powertech. Or sorc.

Merc has one of the strongest defenses. Only sniper and mara is close to that but it is much harder to survive same way with them than with a merc.

If merc survivability is a challenge to you, I wonder how would you play more than a half of other classes... Try jugg and then come back here. Or powertech. Or sorc.

Merc has one of the strongest defenses. Only sniper and mara is close to that but it is much harder to survive same way with them than with a merc.

I wish the powertech had those defenses.

I wish the powertech had those defenses.

Well, my guildmates were hoping that PT would get Trauma Regulator. Since the shield last like... 20sec for a tank PT it can be way harder to pull off successfully.

But we all agreed that merc don't need the 70% Kolto Surge and Trauma Regulator... Although they didn't need a dps nerf too but that's another story.

As for class balance in general, it could have been achieved easily for the most part imo.

Merc get nerfed defensive-wise

Sniper get their heal on the roll removed/nerfed, their heal on ballistic shield reduced too.

Marauder stay as it is.

Assassin get back their phasewalk.

Powertech get Trauma Regulator.

Jugg needs an improved version of Enraged Defense. It is way too weak now.

Operative may need a stronger passive DR, an healer operative is way too squishy. But not really more, otherwise it would make the class really OP for pvp.

Sorcerer needs a big overhaul. The devs can't seem to know how to balance those in terms of defense and efficiency. And it is becoming quite hard to imagine a way to balance it properly. :rak_02:

See, only two class could have received nerf in this case... But hey, I'm not a dev who don't play the game. I'm just a player. So I guess my judgment may be off :rak_03:

Speaking of it, I went off-topic :D

yeah, Merc will probably get nerfed in terms of utility in the next patch. If they aren't, then I suppose that the dev team don't care about the health of their game... And that it may be time to switch somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Well, my guildmates were hoping that PT would get Trauma Regulator. Since the shield last like... 20sec for a tank PT it can be way harder to pull off successfully.

But we all agreed that merc don't need the 70% Kolto Surge and Trauma Regulator... Although they didn't need a dps nerf too but that's another story.

As for class balance in general, it could have been achieved easily for the most part imo.

Merc get nerfed defensive-wise

Sniper get their heal on the roll removed/nerfed, their heal on ballistic shield reduced too.

Marauder stay as it is.

Assassin get back their phasewalk.

Powertech get Trauma Regulator.

Jugg needs an improved version of Enraged Defense. It is way too weak now.

Operative may need a stronger passive DR, an healer operative is way too squishy. But not really more, otherwise it would make the class really OP for pvp.

Sorcerer needs a big overhaul. The devs can't seem to know how to balance those in terms of defense and efficiency. And it is becoming quite hard to imagine a way to balance it properly. :rak_02:

See, only two class could have received nerf in this case... But hey, I'm not a dev who don't play the game. I'm just a player. So I guess my judgment may be off :rak_03:

Speaking of it, I went off-topic :D

yeah, Merc will probably get nerfed in terms of utility in the next patch. If they aren't, then I suppose that the dev team don't care about the health of their game... And that it may be time to switch somewhere else. :rolleyes:

What you propose I agree with but it will make people leave the game as it will turn the PVP scene completely on its head... ;)

Imagaine all those mercs walking over PT and Juggs in solo ranked now getting vulnarable and killed off.

How would you feel in their place ?

I totally agree with what you propose though but I really don't think they will nerf merc defenses so much.

What you propose I agree with but it will make people leave the game as it will turn the PVP scene completely on its head... ;)

Imagaine all those mercs walking over PT and Juggs in solo ranked now getting vulnarable and killed off.

How would you feel in their place ?

I totally agree with what you propose though but I really don't think they will nerf merc defenses so much.

Thing is that merc didn't really need those defense in regs before. Ranked is another topic, but Responsive Safeguard should suffice to any decent merc players. The main issue being that even a bad merc player will give a hard time to any other class for now, even if you're a top player you will most likely have trouble against it. Another solution would be to keep 70% Kolto Surge by making it exclusive to the healer spec. This would help making the heal spec viable and will make the dps spec on pair with every other class.