To everyone who claimed to unsub from 2.1

Reno_Tarshil

2 days left here and seems many others are on their way as well, but yes there will still be ppl here, just because its SW. To the OP your post makes ppl want to stay? Well unless they do something this year to bring ppl back, The game will not die per say but well here is a lil clip for you of how it will be:)

Edited by Philastra

2 days left here and seems many others are on their way as well, but yes there will still be ppl here, just because its SW. To the OP your post makes ppl want to stay? Well unless they do something this year to bring ppl back, The game will not die per say but well here is a lil clip for you of how it will be:)

Oh noooooo! :rolleyes:

The game will be fine with or without these people claiming to unsub.

Oh noooooo! :rolleyes:

The game will be fine with or without these people claiming to unsub.

The games gone f2p in less than a year, the devs lie to us and they are focusing on fluff....but sure if you think its fine thats good for you

you have left one thing out in your assumption not everyone who plays swtor and is a sub uses the forums let alone read them.

so maybe a few on youboob or a few in forums but that does not represent the entire community so get over it go or stay it is your call, good luck i understand your pain.

The games gone f2p in less than a year, the devs lie to us and they are focusing on fluff....but sure if you think its fine thats good for you

Dev's didn't lie. They said all cosmetic fluff would cost cartel coins. That's pretty much all 2.1 was Cosmetic Fluff, sorry you think you were lied too but you were not.

Oh no, what will we ever do without you :'c

You think these people are unsubbing to hurt BW? That's preposterous. They're unsubbing because they feel that with each new content patch, their sub loses more and more value, as more and more effort is put into the CM instead of the content.

They're just saying with their wallets that they no longer believe in the product, and I'm glad they did. As i posted in another thread, I'm barely hanging on myself. I've ridden this roller coaster since launch, I've given BW every benefit of the doubt that I could because it's obvious that EA is milking this cow as hard as it can before it breaks off its relationship in the next 2-3 years.

We all wanted to believe that this project would work, and while those folks unsubbed, some of us are still clinging to the hope that the devs can turn this around despite EA tying their hands.

I do seem to remember all the folks singing this same song back in the spring. The game is fine, we don't need them, the dev staff is here to stay, no changes...etc.

I am surprised to see the same silly notion start to surface yet again. If the game proved anything to anyone it proved that a massive loss in subs can happen and can be VERY bad for the game.

You think these people are unsubbing to hurt BW? That's preposterous. They're unsubbing because they feel that with each new content patch, their sub loses more and more value, as more and more effort is put into the CM instead of the content.

Very well said. I never considered leaving the game or cancel my sub, but 2.1 was the top for me. I always defended the game, but that subs are milked for basic features like changing your appearance is something I won't support.

Not to mention the dye gambling packs where you have to invest another ******** of money to get the rare colors. I would have been fine with it if I could just buy the dye of my desire directly from the CM for a small fee, but another gambling pack? No thanks!

I canceled my sub cause I am not satisfied anymore - or better said the direction this game is heading to. I don't do it to harm BW or the game. I am here since the start of the Game, bought the Collector's Edition, am subbed for the entire time and spend around 400 EUR on top of my subscription on packs/fluff on the CM to SUPPORT the game.

In the end, I feel I get milked more and more for features subscribers should get for free. And that's where I personally draw a line now. And from what I have heard from many guild mates they feel the same. This patch has made a lot of damage to to SWTOR's subscribers base. I know that not everyone thinks like this, but there are a lot who think the same and unsubbed because of 2.1.

I can't actually remember the last "feature" subscribers got for free. We still pay our subs and do not get any new stuff. And before someone cry, the achievement system is not a feature for me. And you can as well say we payed for that as well with RotHC.

From a Fanboy to a disappointed player just because of 2.1. I know it sounds weird, but that's how it actually is for me. I have ~45 days play time remaining. Going to finish the last class quest I am missing in that time and then move on.

Really sad how BW acts towards their loyal customers. But whatever, no need to cry cause they won't change anything about it anyways.

wonder how many will resub when they hear the news about 2.2...supposedly a HUGE content update from what they said at that Q and A in dallas cantina meet n greet

And that's the funny part, you actually do not need to be subbed for the "huge content updates", as you can play them as a f2p as well.

I saved up so many credtis that I can buy OP/FP/WZ passes from the GTN for several years, so once we get a new Operation you just buy the pass on the GTN and play it. Point.

What most of the people don't get about the (loyal) subscribers, who now unsub, is: We feel a sub is not worth it anymore. For every small feature you have to pay on top of your subscription. And now it is even easier for me to unsub cause of that escrow thing you can get. I just gonna invest credits on the GTN to buy some of these, buy all the unlocks/passes and whatever I need and use them whenever I feel I want to do anything in this game.

There is no real value in being a sub anymore as Patch 2.1 has shown. At least that's how I feel.

I would like to say two things...

First, actually subscriber numbers are not as prevalent as they were before the F2P launch. Although IMO it is bad to lose even one customer, the loss will probably not be felt as strongly as before.

Second, the complaint, at least in part seems to be reputable since Bioware indicated as much. Considering the source it's probably a good idea to stop trying to invalidate the concept that people are upset or have a right to be.