Who else wants an Alderaan stronghold?

FalekDawn

I've been wanting an Alderaan stronghold since the first one released, it was either an Alderaan one or Manaan, and since the Manaan one proved disappointing to me (I don't know how unpoplular an opinion that is) I really want Alderaan. I'm meaning like a palace or a stronghold or something that would be around the same size as (or bigger than) the Rishi one and have it look somewhat like house Alde. It could just be but I think that sounds cool. Edited by FalekDawn

Well based on the geography could see something similar to Tatooine with the main structure being built into a cliff side of some sort. However probably wouldn't be much of a ground section, but extensive balconies and landing pads. Similar to Coruscant and Droumand Kaas strongholds in some regard with that as well as Nar Shaddaa, though all of them would be connected or carved into the mountain to fit in with the man-made meld into nature look with the use of stone structures. Most structures on Alderaan have this same design concept for the most part, few times it's been negated it's when the structure was in the middle of nowhere as part of some halfway station and/or some kind of field outpost.

I got a few ideas of how the layout could look, and am willing to submit these designs if you want?

I am really surprised there are so few replies to this. I have wanted an Alderaan SH since they were introduced.

something regal though.. NOT like that disgusting, hideous, travesty Rishi thing.

Edited by DragonArt

I am really surprised there are so few replies to this. I have wanted an Alderaan SH since they were introduced.

something regal though.. NOT like that disgusting, hideous, travesty Rishi thing.

I personally don't find the Rishi stronghold that bad, but that could just be me. It's so sad to me that they haven't done much with GSs until recently, they could have had some really cool ones if they had done more. Granted they were busy with KOTFE and KOTET after that but they've had more time since KOTET ended and only have added three (I don't think Tatooine was there during release) and it has been over 4 years.

Alderaan has been one of my top picks for SH locations for a long time. A castle would be good (and probably easy for them to create since there are already some designs in the game), or a mountain-side manor house. Given how many people protested about the Rishi SH not originally being at all suitable for a residence, I think Alderaan would be a very popular offering.

Well, here's the same Rishi problem again. The OP asks for "House Alde", the huge courtyard area of the imp storyline, you ask for "something regal". When I think of an Alderaan SH, I think of serene valley rather than regal estate.

Then there's the big Bantha in the room - the 10 strongholds limit. Since BW hasn't deigned to comment on the issue, I guess they're going to sit it out. I'm at 13 Strongholds, so the problem isn't that huge for me. Last weekend I have combined my two similar themed Dromund Kaas strongholds into one. Now I'm going to decide which of my Coruscant Strongholds to keep. After that I may very very reluctantly delete 4 strongholds in order to buy Rishi. Sorry, no time for yet another stronghold.

Edited by Mubrak

I used to want an Alderaan stronghold, very badly.

Now I'm like... meh. I guess so.

I really hoped that the buggy and poorly designed Manaan and Umbara strongholds were a fluke. Unfortunately, now we have the Rishi stronghold.

While I applaud some of the cool design elements of all three of these strongholds -- particularly the underwater space, moving stronghold, training dummy room, and PvP arenas -- they're just too darned buggy to enjoy.

You can't get to the top floor of the Manaan stronghold. That's a huge problem. There are vast empty areas underwater. There are no waves or ocean sounds. The skyline is deadly boring. You can't get to the starship hook. The hook limit was increased above a practical amount.

The Umbara train has far too many pre-placed decorations. There's a whole train car you can't enter. You have to use finicky rappel lines to get around. There are few ceiling hooks and they're blocked by overhead scaffolding. It's ridiculously noisy. Half of the hooks are on the roof, which makes no sense logically or RP-wise.

You can't place anything with ground covering on the wooden walkway hooks on Rishi, as many of the boards pop on top. Many ground hooks are in squelchy, muddy areas. Buzzing fly sounds get annoying and looping jukeboxes don't work. The entire island splashes as if it's underwater. There are huge areas where you can stand and watch the graphics glitch out, filling your screen with black spears.

In all of these, too many hooks are placed at angles. There are angled walls, wide floorboards that prevent the placement of items against walls, ceilings with pre-placed lighting, and sloped ceilings. This prevents us from hanging banners, placing lights or plants that hang from chains, adding waterfalls, and so forth because they defy gravity and look ridiculous. There is uneven terrain beneath exterior hooks, so rugs, tent floors, and even NPC feet disappear into the dirt.

So... yeah. If I let myself get excited about Alderaan, I'll probably end up frustrated by it's glitches.

(Before anyone says hey, you just don't like strongholds, I very much do. If they give me the ability to buy multiple copies of the same stronghold, I'll drop Manaan and Umbara and pick up another Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa.)

Edited by Xina_LA

No.

I want to see them fix the current strongholds (bad hook placement, broken hooks, insufficient hook capacity, etc.) before they add anymore. And SH decorations themselves need a LOT of review and maintenance as well. They need to improve what we have before they spend time/resources adding more of the same.

No.

I want to see them fix the current strongholds (bad hook placement, broken hooks, insufficient hook capacity, etc.) before they add anymore. And SH decorations themselves need a LOT of review and maintenance as well. They need to improve what we have before they spend time/resources adding more of the same.

I would have to agree that the current ones needs some work. A few more hooks for Kaas, Coruscant, and possibly Rishi in a few locations. Definitely remove a few from Mannaan as it's too small for amount they just added. Yavin could use a few and Tattooine probably could as well though that one seems more well rounded considering.

I would have to agree that the current ones needs some work. A few more hooks for Kaas, Coruscant, and possibly Rishi in a few locations. Definitely remove a few from Mannaan as it's too small for amount they just added. Yavin could use a few and Tattooine probably could as well though that one seems more well rounded considering.

Manaan doesn't need fewer hooks, though a rearrangement done with input from decorators would be nice.. It could use a lot lower item count. Mind you, I did manage to hide a couple of hundred items. It also needs the elevator fixed since you can no longer go to the rooftop garden area.

Yavin desperately needs hooks and a higher count. Hooks in the grassy and cave areas would be awesome.

that said, yes, I do want Alderaan too.

• 3 months later...