Threat Drops - Why only ranged?

Stigas

Just wondering why Ranged are the only people to have these useful, short CD threat drops? They're in a far better position to simply Stun/CC/Slow a mob running towards them before it has a chance to gib them, whereas melee has no reaction time.

I'd like to propose that these abilities be given universally to melee.

Thanks.

Assassins had a threat drop in beta but it was changed from being a Sith Inquisitor skill to being a Sorcerer skill. Not sure why Bioware did that.

The conspiracy side of me says they just hate Melee. Someone there plays a Frost Mage.

The conspiracy side of me says they just hate Melee. Someone there plays a Frost Mage.

BW just hate melee people!! haha seriously I don't know why either. And i hate guard only has a 15 meter range. what if you have no melee in your FP? yeah that ranged guy that stands damn near the door is really helping my threat!

BW just hate melee people!! haha seriously I don't know why either. And i hate guard only has a 15 meter range. what if you have no melee in your FP? yeah that ranged guy that stands damn near the door is really helping my threat!

Actually, that makes sense. Guard for Melee, Threat drops for ranged. Guess it might even out if you're the melee getting guard.

vanish with a Force Cloak. It will drop threat if you pull aggro.

This, Vanish completely resets any threat build. The only problem with this skill might be in solo pve content, when your comp vanishes with you thus exiting the fight completely instead of just resetting your threat so your comp would tank.

vanish with a Force Cloak. It will drop threat if you pull aggro.

This exactly. And I'm pretty sure Force Cloak is a threat reset, not just a reducer.

Also, Marauders have Force Camo, which works as a threat drop as well. So they have something too.

Edited by Caulfield

I would to see Guard's range increase. Also have you been in a group with 2 melee dps and an operative healing that likes to dps?? I don't even know who to guard as the damn healer pulls aggro too. CD for our taunt should be reduced imo mainly cuz if you have a group that just likes to aoe you can loose aggro pretty quick. Yes we do have mass mind control but that doesnt last that long if you have 2 or 3 players using aoe. Then you gotta wait another 35-40 secs to aggro them all as taunt and prob Force Pull (if your within the range) are on CD. Whither doesn't seem to cause that much threat either and was Bioware crazy when they though to only give us one attack that has high threat damage yet its aoe? what about when you cc adds or something and ur fighting a boss? Like in Boarding party that one bass has two droid adds and when you kill a droid more adds pop up, s its smarter to cc the droids burn boss and then take care of adds. To me this class is really broken and needs to get looked at closely.

And yes when I tank dark charge is active but it seems useless to me.