Companion with Sub. Is it too late?

HG_Hulk_Smash

Let's hope BioWare makes people actually sub instead of leaving loopholes open that allow people to get things they really don't deserve.

They say active subscription in their FAQ, to my knowledge that means pay for the game. I might be wrong but that is how I think it is, I guess time will tell.

Edited by Icestar

I wouldn't doubt them putting the new companion in the cash shop eventually. Too much potential wasted revenue.

Perhaps because the expansion is free and nobody has to pay for it in advance. If it was a pre order I would expect them to not release it later.

I've been using 60-day cards since the game launched and as far as pre-order swag and incentives are concerned, I got them all. You'll be fine. :D

I don't know, I guess I've got the traditional auto pay 14.99 sub requirement stuck in my head. Not a lot of info to go on.

Wh...why exactly would one of the main methods to subscribe not count?

This forum is full of people speculating that companions they paid for, and gear they paid for that are companions that go away will all be taken away by BioWare in October. It should hardly be surprising that some people are wondering if their subs count as subs.

I had to tell my pub guild members that if they wanted Nico they better hurry the heck up and become a sub or they wouldn't get it. IF he's like the other sub only rewards, he won't end up on the cartel market at all. He's supposed to be a subscriber reward. It'd be like a kick in the nuts to sell him to f2p people if WE had to be subbed to get him initially. But...Bioware can do what they want, it IS their game.

I've been unsubbed for a while (and out of state for about a month), but I made sure to sub in time for Nico. Had it on my calendar and everything. However, since it's been so long since I subbed, I clicked someone's referral link first because, hey, a week free! Then I bought the recurring subscription plan, only to realize that I won't be charged until next week because that's when my free week runs out. So I'm desperately hoping that the fact I'm actively signed up for a subscription plan (with current subscriber status) means I'll get him. I'll be furious with myself if I don't. I did already get my CC grant, though, so I'm assuming that's a good sign...

I just subbed and it's saying my sub went into effect on 8/1. It's 7PM PST on the 31st.

My sub and cartel coin grant (which I've already received and verified in game) are both dated 8/1 even though it is not yet 8/1 PDT even as I post this. It appears that the account info displays only GMT time/dates regardless of your account's Time Zone setting. I suppose this is why they also included the GMT time in the fine print: "...account must be in a Subscriber status as of 11:59PM PDT//6:59AM GMT..."