"Unify Colors" does not work with one-color dyes [PICS]

Jenzali

I wonder how and when they'll answer to us that this is not a bug and that's how the system works and how the shader system don't allow both single dyes and complete unifying...

Of course if they ever answer to us it's a bug that'll be corrected i'll be super happy, but considering some discussions some of us have had recently (but of course we could be wrong : let's still hope for that), the future of using single dyes and unifying looks grim :

Look here for example, some users have insights on why it happens. Start looking at the middle of page 3 then what follows on page 4.

If you put a secondary-only dye in your chestpiece and then unify colors, all the other pieces of your armor get reverted to their original primary colors and receive only the secondary dye color.

Without dyes, using regular unify color:

http://i.imgur.com/pMVIM3q.jpg

With a medium-gray secondary dye module:

http://i.imgur.com/XQsBH4h.jpg

The primary color from the chestpiece should still transfer even though it is not part of a dye. Dye modules are actually reducing the capabilities of the unify colors function.

Weird. I can confirm that the secondary medium gray works with the valiant jedi set. I wonder what is going on.

Weird. I can confirm that the secondary medium gray works with the valiant jedi set. I wonder what is going on.

It works in your case because you already have all the pieces belonging to the "same set" so they *all* have the same primary and secondary colors. So in this case, when you change one of the colors you will not see the issue.

See my post a few post above this one for an explanation.

Edited by ZeroPlus

Dyed Armor Chest is Primary Green only, Rest is dyed White and Red.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/Screenshot_2013-05-16_08_30_51_078925_zps67723c31.jpg

Instead of applying the Bright Green and Orange of the Original Chest, it only applies the Bright Green and the Red Secondary of the dyes I applied stay.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/Screenshot_2013-05-16_08_31_19_984579_zps669ed27a.jpg

I understand some people find this a bug and want it to be fixed. But I have been waiting since release for Green and Red Bounty Hunter armor, and I don't want to be punished for being creative with the new dye system. :(

This sums the bug up nicely for me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/Tdaytona77/SWTOR/secondarydyebug_zpsa532d9d0.jpg

On the left is unmatched original colors. In the middle is matched original colors. On the right is matched with a grey secondary dye installed.

This defeats the whole purpose of having primary and secondary only dyes in the game, IMO.

Edited by RGMetal

Posted in the bug thread but thought I should here too.

I put a secondary colour in my Genteel dress top and my Tionese legs got the colouring just fine.

That is they turned from their original brownish colour to the pure white from the Genteel top and the purple from the secondary colour.

That means that it's not as simple as the system being completely broken in one single way, some exceptions actually work. My gloves turned almost all purple and my shoes I can barely see and can't check from here but if one piece of the Tionese set works as intended it's possible the rest do too. (sage set btw)

Dyed Armor Chest is Primary Green only, Rest is dyed White and Red.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/Screenshot_2013-05-16_08_30_51_078925_zps67723c31.jpg

Instead of applying the Bright Green and Orange of the Original Chest, it only applies the Bright Green and the Red Secondary of the dyes I applied stay.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/Reno_Tarshil/Screenshot_2013-05-16_08_31_19_984579_zps669ed27a.jpg

I understand some people find this a bug and want it to be fixed. But I have been waiting since release for Green and Red Bounty Hunter armor, and I don't want to be punished for being creative with the new dye system. :(

I can understand what you are saying, but *right now* you would get the same result by using the Primary Green on your chest piece and using any other <color>/Red (or even a Secondary Red if it existed) on all the other items and then using "Unify Colors". It works for you because:

a) the current situation (bug?) exists.

b) you want to change the *Primary* color of your chest piece and the *Secondary* color on your other pieces while having "Unify Colors" handle the "Primary" color on your other pieces (by pulling *only* that color from the chest piece).

You might argue that *right now* there is no Green/Red color combination (or even a Secondary Red) and the only way you can get the look you want is by taking advantage of current situation (bug?), and you would be right (I would love a "Light Gray/Medium Gray" dye myself :)). But don't forget, this is still early days for the Dye system, other color combinations will be appearing to resolve that particular need.

The current situation (bug?) does not seem correct because "Unify Colors" has always taken the Primary/Secondary colors of the chest piece and mapped it to the Primary/Secondary colors of the other pieces. What happens now is that when you use either a "Primary" or a "Secondary" dye, the other color becomes coded as "nothing" instead of the original color the piece has. This just does not seem correct. Armor pieces with no dyes should display their default Primary/Secondary colors in the interface so that when you change only one of them, the pair would be what you want to achieve (it would also facilitate finding the colors you want because you would just have to preview an armor piece (that has the coloring you want) to see what its current colors are).

Posted in the bug thread but thought I should here too.

I put a secondary colour in my Genteel dress top and my Tionese legs got the colouring just fine.

That is they turned from their original brownish colour to the pure white from the Genteel top and the purple from the secondary colour.

That means that it's not as simple as the system being completely broken in one single way, some exceptions actually work. My gloves turned almost all purple and my shoes I can barely see and can't check from here but if one piece of the Tionese set works as intended it's possible the rest do too. (sage set btw)

I answered your post in the bug thread. Could you reply to the question I ask there?

Zero this wouldn't have been an issue if they just added a secondary Red dye module like I was hoping for.

:)

Still early days for this feature. I'm sure they will add a Secondary Red. Just as I'm sure they will add a "Light Gray/Medium Gray" like I want. At some point... :)

Here's hoping for some info on this from Bioware soon.

• 2 weeks later...

this is one of the first things i tried; i only assumed it was working as intended and that once you modify the palette the other items would unify to "default color" and not the primary chest color.

very cool that this is a bug!

Hi, any news about this please ? I'm still not seeing this in the known issue list, or perhaps I didn't look closely enough ?

It's been added to the known issue list under the section "item & economy" :

The "Unify to Chestpiece" option will not function properly for Dye Modules with only one color (Primary or Secondary).

So thanks a ton !

• 2 weeks later...