Paid transfers before HK-51 release. Demand not a question

LegionAlpha

Tldr at bottom.

I have played swtor since launch and early access on day 2. I rolled my first toon as an imp inquisitor. I played him to 50 got the gear for pvp and pve with each update that came out that gave new gear, one so far. But he was my most played toon. I'm a one toon kinda person. I then realized that my server was dying as the time went on and for those of us that have seen the falls since launch know what I'm talking about when you log in and know all 10 ppl online in your faction and are all on your friend list.

Well recently bioware made the free xfers available but you were forced onto a server based on your server. Luckily I had rerolled to the Fatman before the. Xfers came about a month before and had another 50 geared out once again. However bioware has given us information about this new hk51 companion that is only obtainable by having a too. On EACH faction. This is where I make a demand that is logical, sound in reason, and should be credited to the player base because I know I am not the only one with this problem. Bioware MUST implement paid or another set of free transfers based per player before the HK companion launch because I do not find it remotely funny that I must reroll another imperial toon (rerolled toons are pubs on the Fatman server) when I clearly played an imperial toon all the way to 50 already in the first months of this game. To me I look at it as wasted 4 months of playing this game because if bioware doesn't implement paid or another set of free choice servers among server selections per player then bioware is inherently giving the middle finger and saying F off to all those ppl that got screwed by the early failures of bioware and have no option but yet AGAIN to REROLL another toon on that opposite faction that you already have on another server, BUT because of an oversight and lack of competence on biowares part, those ppl are now S.O.L. All thanks to bioware. As someone who holds a job and can only play at nights and weekends if I have nothing going on, then this is a complete waste of my time to redo what I did already, except bioware is a compilation of fools that oversight just about every aspect of customer service. I shudder to think what bioware employees, executives and other high end ppl would be like in an industry much bigger than games where precision, accuracy, customer service and confidence is the foundation of the company and You can't just say "whoops, did I just fudge our numbers and we lost one million? My bad guys, hot fix inc." sorry real world don't work like that.

Now if this doesnt make sense to you, reader, be it developer or player then you are in a severe lack of critical thinking abilities. This post for me does not need any support from /sign or concern by ppl who troll it, this is just simple logic.

TLDR; why waste my time Leveling another imp toon on a server I rerolled to as all pubs when I have an imp toon on another server that didn't correspond to my reroll server to get this new companion? Paid transfers/free xfer plan again or just **** bioware.

Edited by LegionAlpha

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not against your 'demand' but i most 'demands' like this that are based on a particular circumstance, well, welcome to the club. There are plenty of people who have spend X amount of hours in this game who are going to be leveling an alt for this purpose. Many of those people do not have an alt of the other faction so transfers won't help them. So, why is your particular circumstance more demanding of a solution than others who have put as much play time in this game without any pretense of needing to balance that between an alt of the other faction for some companion that has not been released yet?

I am not against your 'demand' but i most 'demands' like this that are based on a particular circumstance, well, welcome to the club. There are plenty of people who have spend X amount of hours in this game who are going to be leveling an alt for this purpose. Many of those people do not have an alt of the other faction so transfers won't help them. So, why is your particular circumstance more demanding of a solution than others who have put as much play time in this game without any pretense of needing to balance that between an alt of the other faction for some companion that has not been released yet?

Because for those of us in the playerbase that don't have much time to play other than at nights or on weekends then it is a redundant and annoying process. With having a job working till nights from early mornings just like others probably, we don't have or want to comity time to redo what we have done already but is on a different server. Simple as that.

Good luck with making a company who has been ignoring it's playerbase meet your demands.

I love your sig btw. And ya I agree with you but, you never know till you try and so surprised noone made threads about this issue because it's something you think ppl would want addressed.

Because for those of us in the playerbase that don't have much time to play other than at nights or on weekends then it is a redundant and annoying process. With having a job working till nights from early mornings just like others probably, we don't have or want to comity time to redo what we have done already but is on a different server. Simple as that.

Again, let's say you and I both have the same playtime but I've spent mine only on Imperial characters and no Republic characters, what is the solution for me? I get that you have the characters and that a transfer will be a benefit to you, but that is just happenstance. It is not like we knew this from launch and you ended up there because of server population while I was just lazy and put it off. So I get wanting to ask for it, but as far as a demand I don't think it is owed because plenty of people are in the same boat with no easy solution or ever any expectation that their time spent would have led to a head start in whatever is needed for HK-51.

Again, let's say you and I both have the same playtime but I've spent mine only on Imperial characters and no Republic characters, what is the solution for me? I get that you have the characters and that a transfer will be a benefit to you, but that is just happenstance. It is not like we knew this from launch and you ended up there because of server population while I was just lazy and put it off. So I get wanting to ask for it, but as far as a demand I don't think it is owed because plenty of people are in the same boat with no easy solution or ever any expectation that their time spent would have led to a head start in whatever is needed for HK-51.

Well I'm not gonna assume because when you assume you are just trying to hide reality. I know what your saying but frankly this is reality not "well let's pretend we have the same....." no. This is where it is straight logic my friend.

I played an IMp to 50, rerolled pub on another server cuz I used my brain and saw my server dying, now hk51 requires toon of both factions. I demand paid transfer or some transfer because I am not gonna redo the 4months I spent on my first toon just to have an imp on that server when an easy solution is paid. It is a complete waste of time that I have when I want to play. It's that simple dude. There is no ifs or what abouts about it. It is that simple and logical. We did not know this would happen you are right but I reacted and adapted to a situation I saw fore coming as many did and I was glad to have made my decision when I did, had enough time to reach where I wanted. But now the a sutuation arises where i can react but why? Reroll is one thing to a new server to enjoy game but to reroll what tou have is just stupid, sorry it takes a real idiot to say that i need to or anyone needs to reroll what you have cuz we are to lazy to make you pay for tech we have cuz we are lazy failware. Just saying. But this is about here and now and reality, not if or what about or anything else.

Edited by LegionAlpha

Although you are right to complain and I was lucky it all worked out with my toons....your tone of voice is awful. Demanding things on a forum comes across as self-righteous and arrogant. This is a genuine concern, why not make a genuine thread about it? There is not a chance in Hoth that they are going to take a thread serious with a title like this and content that aims at insulting them at every corner.

How have they ignored the player base, please expand on this or ****.

I would, but your lack of respect tells me you lack intelligence just as much.

I love your sig btw. And ya I agree with you but, you never know till you try and so surprised noone made threads about this issue because it's something you think ppl would want addressed.

I added your enjoyable sig to my sig and credited you! :p

<3

Edited by SithVeritas

How have they ignored the player base, please expand on this or ****.

He means they have not done the hundreds of things that all the vocal minorities have demanded (even when they contradict each other), instead they prioritise the things that make things better for the majority.

Would love it if paid transfers were available before the next patch.

I really want to move my lvl50 BH to the other server i play on..........and it would make the most sense for the transfers to happen before the next patch, especiallly as BW have said players will need both an Imp and Republic character to get HK.

I'm not about to demand them, but I, too, would really freaking love to see some paid transfers soon. I kind of miss my level 25 Shadow, but I see no point in playing her without all my nice Legacy benefits and the crafting/monetary support of my Imps. And I don't think I'll have time to level my baby Sentinel up much before this HK-51 thing drops.

Was it stupid to start characters on two separate servers at launch because I assumed you couldn't have characters of both factions on one PVP server? Yes. I just want the opportunity to pay you to help me fix my mistake, Bioware.

Although you are right to complain and I was lucky it all worked out with my toons....your tone of voice is awful. Demanding things on a forum comes across as self-righteous and arrogant. This is a genuine concern, why not make a genuine thread about it? There is not a chance in Hoth that they are going to take a thread serious with a title like this and content that aims at insulting them at every corner.

Geniuine threads don't get through to them. Sometimes customers need to make demands to the provider to get what they want. That's how business in the real world is buddy. And biowares business ppl know that I hope.

Did not read it at all. Wall of text deters it but not the point.

Could be all 100% spot on points, but I always laugh when someone comes on here and DEMANDS something.

It's cute in its naivete.

Took you more time to think and actually post that than to read it all. Lol fail.

I was lucky enough with how they handled Ajunta Pall that I got to transfer a 43 (now 50) trooper to Begeren Colony where all my Sith toons were. AP got three transfer options, due to its west coast location. They could go to RP-PvP east, or stay west and either go to Begeren Colony (RP west) or the west coast PvP server. I think we should have more options like this when mandatory transfers come up, as it will make more players happy. Also, more character slots, please. No desire to play my lone 50 shadow on The Harbinger, but I would play it if it were on Begeren Colony. I'm fine with a paid transfer for that one, but free would be nice, and probably good for business, too. A free transfer instead of paid (at least for this mandatory merge) might be the difference between someone giving up on the game or giving it another chance. Edited by VulcanLogic

No actually it didn't. I think and type pretty fast.

Keep demanding...and let us know how it works out for you.

Will do. But hey demands aren't always met. Have low expectations and make demands. Better option than high expectations and be silent or high expectations and make no demands but then qq everywhere. Make yourself heard or never be heard of. Forums are for just that and other reasons. Might as well use it for a purpose. Nice troll though, if I wasn't a great troll you might have got me but as we see now, I just showed your stupidity in that troll, hence why that troll you used nobody uses anymore cuz its just a backfire as examples by you now.

:)

TLDR; why waste my time Leveling another imp toon on a server I rerolled to as all pubs when I have an imp toon on another server that didn't correspond to my reroll server to get this new companion? Paid transfers/free xfer plan again or just **** bioware.

Instead of demanding transfers why not demand that the HK-51 requirement be Imp/Pub characters across the account, then it satisfies more people (well me anyway who like to keep my Imp/Pub characters on different servers)?

Geniuine threads don't get through to them. Sometimes customers need to make demands to the provider to get what they want. That's how business in the real world is buddy. And biowares business ppl know that I hope.

Have you taken a look at the forums? Its mostly QQ and rants, so you dont exactly stand out. On the first podcast they said they dont look at threads where people make demands or show too much self-entitlement...so yeah the only shot you have is getting this thread over 1000 posts without getting it locked. Maybe they will look at it then. Good luck with that.

Oh and if you gave this rant in a business situation face-to-face I doubt much good would come from it --> "security!"