Shifting Bolster

Scoobings

I know that there are a lot of threads on how to fix Ilum, but I wanted to throw my suggestion out there on how to deal with the faction imbalance problem.

I feel like the problem needs to be fixed in small steps, through to course of the weekly patches so that way we can gauge the impact of each change. That said I think the first of probably what would be many small changes should be a "Shifting Bolster" in Ilum that we could call "Defiance."

Defiance would be a buff that would be applied to what ever side has fewer nodes than the other, with it being non-existent if both sides were on the middle node.

What this would do is push fights more toward the center of the map, and it would also work to address the population issue as whatever side is out numbered will usually be pushed off the center. The other benefit of this approach is if for some reason in the future the population shifts to the Republic, this mechanic would never have to be adjusted because it would function to balance out Imperials being overrun as well.

Something like, If the republic is pushed back to "Southern Assault" then all republic in the PVP zone will get a 10% buff to all stats, damage, and CC resistance. If one base gun is destroyed, this buff gets a second stack that pushes it to 20%, and if the final gun is destroyed and the Imperials control Ilum then Defiance gets a 3rd stack and all stats are increased by 30%.

I feel like this would be a really fluid way of dealing with the problem and would serve as a great 1st step to addressing the imbalances

*Edit* This buff would probably need to stay applied only to those on the appropriate side of the map to prevent node skipping and farming (I.e. If pubs get the buff, it would only apply to people to the south of Northern Assault, to prevent them from not capturing the nodes and just pushing the Imps into their base with the buff)

-Kaeljen, Level 50 Bounty Hunter

Edited by Scoobings