Anyone tried Catalyst 12.4 yet?

Tuzark

I had a problem with 12.3 that made the graphics really wierd when I had AA on high, and I'd rather not have that problem again if I can avoid it. Going back to 12.1 solved it, but it also lowered my FPS.

It seems like AMD Catalyst 12.4 is out now, and due to my issues with SWTOR and Catalyst 12.3 I have decided to do a little research and asking around before I download new drivers from now on. Did anyone try 12.4 yet? If so, is it any good/better than 12.1?

I had 12.4 installed yesterday and had graphic problems. Had areas of see thru graphics and areas where graphics were in doorways had pieces blocking them that shouldnt even be there. I had looked thru customer support forum and found someone else had that same problem and they were using 12.4. They had rolled back to 12.3 and the issues went away. I had 12.1 installed but rolled back to 12.3 after the problems. Have not had a look yet today using 12.3.

I had 12.3 drivers, and with AA or Shadows enabled (even on low), I was seeing "Giant Pixels" everywhere, and a lot of buggy graphic.

Today I installed the 12.4 driver, and I don't have problems anymore (AA is on High, shadows on low though, it uses 40% - 50% of my gpu while on high it can uses up to 90%)

PS: Didn't install Catalyst Control Center this time, as I use MSI Afterbuner

Edited by TheNotorius

On my 6950 (with unlocked shaders), I've had no issues with 12.4. Then again, I also had no issues with any of 12.1, 12.2 or 12.3.

The game is randomly crashing at moments though, but that's an issue affecting a lot of people due to some change in a recent patch.

Only real weirdness I've experienced with any drivers is hexagonal patterns on Alderaan paths, which I've forwarded to CS.

Edited by llesna

I am using the same Catalyst version my computer came with when it was made...back in May 2011. Not sure what version that is..lol. No issues. All settings on max with the exception of Bloom is off. 60+ fps , game looks great and I have had maybe one crash sence the game came out last Dec...and that was in Dec...I think. Very stable. Using a I7 2600 and a Radeon 6850. Edited by Valkirus

Been using 12.4 since it came out... at first I was finding some weird stuff going on ....screenies show it on Balmorra, tho Nah Shadda had soem more colourful ones....

I found that I had grass and Trees set right down to zero.. so I upped them both to 2 and the issue just dissapeared in a flash.. it was just putting these solid blocks where a bush or feature was appearing.. apart form that runs fine with my HD6790.. FPS could still do with some improvement tho.. hopefully the AMD Radeon / SWTOR performnce issues will be righted soooooon

http://i49.tinypic.com/10i5tg4.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/24wfrb7.jpg

Edited by Bloodstealer

I went on earlier and the issues I had with 12.4 are gone using 12.3. Also I used the settings in Amd vision control center under gaming for image quality. Instead of having it set to application settings. I unchecked the boxes.

i was using 12.1 earlier but was getting tired of fps dropping from 75 fps down to 15 when graphical settings such as rain,snow fog or poison was in the general area. with this patch i am not only running at 90 fps (15 fps increase) under normal situations, but have gone from 15-45 or 50 fps when those situations with the elements occur . i highly suggest updating

The only issue I've noticed with 12.4 so far is that when using the Galaxy Map aboard my starships, I see a horrible, fit inducing flicker every time the screen transitions between sectors of space, or zooming into any given location.

6850 here. Been using 12.1 with indoor stutters.

Did try 12.3 and it caused stutters all the time. Rolled back to 12.1

Using 12.4 now. Not noticing the stutters indoor as much but overall, no change.

I also have a 6850. Had similar indoor stutter problems using 12.1 drivers. The reason I was using 12.1 drivers is because 12.2 and 12.3 both gave me terrible blocks and artifacts when playing SWTOR. This morning I found this thread of people saying 12.4 was better. Happy to say it fixed some of my problems as well and no artifacts. Finally!

Hey guys i have so many problems with 12.4 especially, in every restart, the application profile of mine, is disappearing and then i can't set up a new one because it's not making a new profile or anything at all. The Application Profiles which the AMD includes to us to improve swtor is there, but after restart it seems i don't have any application profiles installed. After a factory reset i can set up again for 1 Try, after that try i can't change anything again and also after a restart everything goes missing. I dunno why is this happening to me, this notebook of mine is just 2 weeks old maximum.

Also when trying to uninstall drivers and the amd vision engine center my computer crashes and i'm getting a blue screen "out of blue".

Anyone has any idea what should i do? i'm sick of this. And it seems like the set up which i made not effecting my gameplay i have the exact same graphic and fps with or without these settings. It's a complete mess.

My graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6620G + AMD radeon 6600M and 6700M series APU/crossfire

Best,

Marcell