Guard in pvp is overpowered

ttamgoud

That nerfs real tanks.

Double the incoming damage but allow tank stats to mitigate that.

For real tanks it is a non-event.

Skanks and DPS guards take double damage.

Problem solved.

Simple fix is spec specific only gear for PvP. Immortal gear tank stats only, problem solved. But then the influx of vengeance tanks, take away guard problem fixed. Then tanks actually would be.. Tanks.

because 1 dps should take down a tank/guarded healer comp

LoL fools

theres nothing wrong with the current state of guard. other than DPS specs running with it :rolleyes:

What could be wrong with an ability where you press 1 button, before combat, and do 50% damage reduction.

Talk about faceroll, it doesn't wear off or have a cool down.

I personally don't have any problem taking down a guarded target when running with a Pre-made. And only a few problems doing it when running with randoms. Guard is not OP. And personally, I think if a DPS using guard is causing you that much trouble you straight up don't have the skills to be in a PvP match.

Nothing is OP when you're a bamf

Edited by CosmicFoolNZ

That nerfs real tanks.

Double the incoming damage but allow tank stats to mitigate that.

For real tanks it is a non-event.

Skanks and DPS guards take double damage.

Problem solved.

You can already shield and defend against damage through guard, it's just that shield and defense are pretty meh in PvP either way. Considering defense is too situational (doesn't work against force/tech) and shield doesn't work against crits.

This change would essentially make it so when you attack a guarded target you're doing 50% of your damage to the target AND tank tunneling at the same time, making guard pretty useless. Using guard would actually make your healer have to heal more than not using it.

Edited by AdjeYo

I personally don't have any problem taking down a guarded target when running with a Pre-made. And only a few problems doing it when running with randoms. Guard is not OP. And personally, I think if a DPS using guard is causing you that much trouble you straight up don't have the skills to be in a PvP match.

Nothing is OP when you're a bamf

lol! bad news bro, you're not fooling anybody with this line of bullshlt. i promise you, nobody read your comment and thought to themselves "i sure do wish i was good as this guy!" the way you were hoping.

My suggestion would be to double (or whatever) the damage the tank gets from the person guarded, but allow tank stats to mitigate that damage.

For a "real" tank the change should make no difference, the amount of extra damage should be tuned to be absorbed/blocked, but for skanks which are the real problem when it comes to guard, they would take a lot of damage.

i really like this. a tank in full gear could still get 50% reduction, while the skanks and dps get little to no benefit.

Edited by sumquy

lol! bad news bro, you're not fooling anybody with this line of bullshlt. i promise you, nobody read your comment and thought to themselves "i sure do wish i was good as this guy!" the way you were hoping.

i really like this. a tank in full gear could still get 50% reduction, while the skanks and dps get little to no benefit.

You must be new to PvP. You actually think a premade cannot take down a guard? Any pair of players can, if they are not morons. Go troll somewhere else.

Tanks have no purpose in PvP, so of course you like it, the solution eliminates all guardian type classes from even considering doing PvP. The whole reason tank classes add some dps is so that they are relevant in PvP with guard, with no dps and only guard, or only dps and no guard, neither gives a reason to PvP.

You are probably one of the same idiots that wanted healer nerfed. If you had your way there would be only dps in PvP, learn to play.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

What could be wrong with an ability where you press 1 button, before combat, and do 50% damage reduction.

Talk about faceroll, it doesn't wear off or have a cool down.

What about laze target? Or any other prep ability? The old active acid blade before striking, or using stealth before combat?

Edited by Liquor

You must be new to PvP. You actually think a premade cannot take down a guard? Any pair of players can, if they are not morons. Go troll somewhere else.

Tanks have no purpose in PvP, so of course you like it, the solution eliminates all guardian type classes from even considering doing PvP. The whole reason tank classes add some dps is so that they are relevant in PvP with guard, with no dps and only guard, or only dps and no guard, neither gives a reason to PvP.

You are probably one of the same idiots that wanted healer nerfed. If you had your way there would be only dps in PvP, learn to play.

That's not what the poster he was replying to said. The poster said "He" had no trouble taking down someone guarded while in a premade or pug group. Point being, he didnt say anything about a "pair of players", he said "I don't" followed up by "nothing's hard to take down when you're bamf [paraphrase], which means he thinks he is bamf.

Taking down a guard player by yourself is most certainly possible, but it isn't "easy".

Unless of course you are agreeing that it is easy for one person, not working in a pair to take down someone guarded all on their own.

Bamf = I hope no one knows how small my jock is.

Regarding guard, tanks should have, DPS specs should not at all. Just another example of role-breaking in certain specs.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx