Kolto Overload is too weak

Simplette

How about making Kolto Overload heal for the same amount like Enraged Defense? It is too weak on level 70 and doesn't really help on Powertech. Remove 35% health cap for and make it HoT ability with level 70 ticks, not level 55.

How about making Kolto Overload heal for the same amount like Enraged Defense? It is too weak on level 70 and doesn't really help on Powertech. Remove 35% health cap for and make it HoT ability with level 70 ticks, not level 55.

What PT's really need is an extra DCD on top of what they have, something along the lines of Saberward as it's a melee spec. DPS specs shouldn't have extra lives, it's retarded and game breaking. ED is an extra life now since they buffed it, and it shows. With regard to a tank, I don't see that in the same way as with DPS. It makes more sense on a tank, it makes no sense on a DPS.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

What PT's really need is an extra DCD on top of what they have, something along the lines of Saberward as it's a melee spec. DPS specs shouldn't have extra lives, it's retarded and game breaking. ED is an extra life now since they buffed it, and it shows. With regard to a tank, I don't see that in the same way as with DPS. It makes more sense on a tank, it makes no sense on a DPS.

what happened with FD was not even a buff. It was merely scaled to where it was in 4.x, a change they should have made in november of 2016.

As i said in the matchmaking thread, DCDs vs heals are a matter of philosophy. My philosophy is assuming i have a healer I'd rather have a mitigation DCD any time.

In the case of FD in particular: compare a juggie to a mara. Both are good damaging classes in at least one spec. Guardians have FD, maras have superior mitigation DCDs and a disengage. (Not to mention mobility)

I argue that, again assuming both teams have a healer, the mara is a better team choice. A dps juggie brings taunts (and technically guard but 99.9% of dps that choose to guard are stupid squishy morons). Mara has a group speed up and "stealth out" (in quotes because yes i know it doesn't drop combat). I would kill for that level of mobility AND a disengage or anti focus tool.

FD under focus post-scaling is better, far and away better, for my tank than dps. I pulled over a million healing in a match (i think one of the ones i linked in the matchmaking thread) on my tank. As a dps, you dont live long enough to use it more than once under any kind of focus.

I do agree, however, that VGs in particular want a real DCD. Though, i could see an argument for making KO go to 70% rsther than 40. At 40 its just rather useless. I would like to point out: FD healing is not a set % or number. It must be timed well and its usefullness depends on you taking less damage than the attacker can deal. Thus, under heavy or bursty focus, it does not help you nearly as much as the non-juggies think. Now my tank, sure, its a new life every 90s (with utility).

I'd be happy if KO had a shorter CD and like 15% DR while ticking. Not sure how far you can go without breaking class balance tho.

Pyro PT actually has that already, KO reduces it's CD by 6 seconds every time you take damage on a once every second rate limit, and 30% DR while it's active. Though even then it's a rather weak CD especially on AP, or even the tanking if used by itself.

Probably the biggest problem that shows KO isn't viable, is how undependable it is. As an AP PT it is fairly common to tear aggro off of inexperienced tanks, though here are some honorable mentions where KO has failed to keep me alive unless I use Energy shield on top of it or just use energy shield right at the start and hope for heals. Probe droid from EC minefield, Warlord Kephess droids in 1st phase, Kel'sara's legionnaire's, Titan 6 probe droid swarm, Thrasher wall snipers, skittle squad members (most notably rail beam users from yellow or green team), Vilus stabbings, Mass affliction from draxus (unlike merc KO which can survive it), ugnaughts from grob'thok. A rather long list, and this doesn't take into account stealing aggro from bosses, or mechanics such as Terror Kephess with his "Aiming at mechanc." In all instances I activate KO at 50%, or before the previous mechanic stated above deals damage as a precaution since more damage would result in a health drop for the healing to proc. Surprise though all resulted in deaths. I'm sure other PTs/Vanguards have had their own experience of KO mishaps especially pvp on top of other pve occurrences. As I've mentioned before the only use of KO that I have seen it work is as my 2nd CC break in pvp while I still have a considerable health pool left due to the efficient suit utility. A higher scale buff to KO just like Juggs got to Enraged defense, or even another CD would definitely be a better alternative.

Cause some classes hearing that PTs still have Energy shield which is 25% DR, won't stop till even that is taken away to make up from the trauma of 3.0 PT. Kappa

Healing DCDs should be removed from DPS specs. If you're not a healer you shouldn't have the ability to heal. VG/PT is how every DPS class should be, actually. It's weak only because others are OP. Shadows and Sentinels are fine too since they don't have self heals. DPS Guardians are frankly OP now just like Mercs and to an extend Snipers. Operatives are a completely different meta and most tournaments don't even allow them to compete because of how OP they are.

The problem with buffing Kolto Overload would be the danger of overbuffing it for Pyro PT. They get a 6 second cooldown reduction every time they get attacked, with a 1 second internal cooldown and a 30% damage reduction while active. This could potentially lower the cooldown to a mere 26 second if you're taking damage every second, in practice it'll be more, but a cooldown of a minute seems very realistic.

I think it would be allright for AP and tanks to have Kolto Overload to heal up to 50% at an accelerated rate, it is a 3 minute cooldown after all and it just really does very little right now. However that would be pretty OP for Pyro, perhaps AP and Shield tech need buffs in their disciplines tree. Alternatively the Pyro utility could be nerfed in favor of a Kolto Overload buff for all specs, but that always leaves a sore taste imo.

That's funny.

One of those classes has many more, better and higher uptime DCDs than the other.

Sentinel has DCDs, not heals. Compare that with Operative who has 100% uptime on self heals AND 3 second immunity to everything on a 10 second cooldown, while also kiting.

I agree that VG needs more survivability but that should NOT be in the form of heals. Buff their damage reduction shield DCD, give them Jet Boost, and a single target mezz.

Edited by Mycroft-Tarkin

Or we can just give the Merc KO ability. That could help.

As I pointed out, while this (or something similar, I'd say lower it to 50%) would be fine for AP and shield tech, it would be too much for pyro, considering their talent that improves it's availability drastically. If you're taking damage regularly we're talking about a 1 minute cooldown merc KO plus 30% DR, yikes

Well I mean, if merc KO is a problem for people at 3 minute cooldown, maybe with a potential 26 second cooldown and 30% DR that's going to be a bit of a problem

But that's literally the only trick pyro has. Mercs also have about 5 other skills/DCDs which PTs don't have.

The problem is that Kolto Overload is one of abilities on Powertech's quickbar and apart from Pyrotech (on which it gives 30% DR oer duration) there are such specs like Shield Tech and Advanced Prototype. And under pressure it is useless in both PvP and PvE as it cannot outheal anything. And about Juggernauts. I've seen a zillion of times Juggernaut getting healed from 1% to 100% literally in 1 GCD under pressure of multiple player. Well done, devs. B for Balance.